It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia culturally accepted in Afghanistan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Ok I have Muslim friends who think this is disgusting and they ate saying how dare they do this and call themselves Muslims!

Right, Moderate muslims (westernized) see this in the same way christians see the Phelps clan...backwoods, outdated, and pretty much evil.

The problem here is that phelps is just a relic of a medieval mindset..a sprinkling here and there to remind christians how bad things were long ago

Muslims have entire nations devoted to this medieval crap. The average joe islam is not radical, however, due to the democratic way of islam, there is no "one guy" whom can decide the practices are stupid...so the evolution of the religion is exceptionally difficult. Unless the people eventually come together and all but kill the radical imams and such, then they will push these ancient barbaric practices for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

Do you think the West will be able to eliminate this problem in their country?

Is it the Wests job to eliminate their issues?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Is it the Wests job to eliminate their issues?

As the bigger brother it is the Wests job to help guide them, not take advantage and exploit them. There have been many strange and bizarre cultural practices around the world since we climbed down from the trees and started using tools. We should be promoting civilisation, not depravity. Cultures do change and grow over time and with a positive role model it will give them something to look up to.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In Sudan I witnessed girls and boys 10 and under being sold on the street by their families no less to all manner of creeps; ex Spetznaz gun runners, Representatives of Saudi Royalty, even business men from the US and UK.

The world is a crappy place sometimes..

Also, I think Muhammad’s favorite wife was like 6 or 9 when they were married.

I was assigned to a task force in Afghanistan where I was the “Senior American Commander” in the region. I got to meet with a lot of the local elders, chiefs and for lack of a better word - warlords who all seemed to have had younger male “attendants” around them.

In some cases they were younger sons or sons in law but not always.

Russian is my language so I always had an interpreter with me but I never really got a straight answer if they were “boy toys” or not from him. I got the impression he may have been embarrassed to tell me the truth.

I also worked with an Afghani Lieutenant Colonel equivalent who was my “counterpart” he had what the British Army refers to as “Bat-man” basically a gofer. He was pretty effeminate young kid and I suspect the Afghani LTC took liberties with him as well.

My counterpart wanted to hold my hand a lot and violate my 18” of personal space as well when we talked, which I found uncomfortable but in the spirit of hearts and minds did so more than I care to admit.

Cultures have always had and likely will always have pedophilia and some even say that it is not a choice but something they are born with like those who say being homosexual is not a choice – heck perhaps pedophilia will be the next step in the slippery slope that is the mainstreaming of homosexuality in the US.

Not saying I believe that – I think polyandry and polygamy will catch on and want equal protected special status first – then perhaps pedophilia, necrophilia and beastiality.

Soon the 19 wives will all be legal ones and I am glad I won’t be in the military that has to accept that issue- heck if dependent care is a drain in the military’s budget now imagine when every soldier can have multiple dependant wives and children.

I can’t imagine having more than one wife; dang, I imagine the exponential increase in nagging alone would make me go crazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Yes, I saw the doco on 'The Dancing Boys'. It disgusts me this happens, along with women having to have operations - honestly how can people say Islam and the Muslim religion be a peaceful one? The posters who actually condone female butchery and child molesters on here should be ashamed of themselves. I say human rights please, most of this land actually belongs to the Jews after all.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Actually, your hatred is misplaced in this regard (and in your top 10 list...I don't think anything on that list is allowed Islamically). Such practices certainly are completely condemned in Islam. If you asked any muslim (even one who practised such things), they may hedge about it a bit, or attempt to joke out of the situation, but they wouldn't be able to deny that it is not allowed in Islam. Another example with these same Afghan warlords..they'd always have a bottle of Black Label to enjoy themselves or to treat their most favoured guests to. It is obviously not allowed in Islam, and there isn't any excuse for it, yet they would do it. Or the example of the addictive drugs (heroin, hashish etc).

It is most definitely a cultural thing, maybe perhaps compounded by the supposed belief that the sexes must be segregated at all times. It certainly isn't limited to muslim countries, however...it exists in India, and until recently even in Japan and some Native American tribes (not to mention, of course its widespread occurrence in all areas of the ancient world).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join