It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia culturally accepted in Afghanistan.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Older, powerful men boosted their social status by keeping boys as sexual playthings and the practice was celebrated in song and dance, a military study claimed.

British officers in Helmand requested the study to help them understand the sexual behaviour of locals and Afghan comrades after young soldiers became uneasy they were being propositioned.

American social scientists employed to help troops understand the local culture reported that homosexual sex was widespread among the Pashtun ethnic group in southern Afghanistan.

Strict separation of men and women, coupled with poverty and the significant expense of getting married, contributed to young men turning to each other for sexual companionship.

"To dismiss the existence of this dynamic out of desire to avoid western discomfort is to risk failing to comprehend an essential social force underlying Pashtun culture," the report said.

Full Article

It also goes on to say that Western military are uncomfortable with their Afghan comrades that wear make-up and flirt with them. It also mentions that practice of pedophilia is know throughout Afghanistan.

Do you think the West will be able to eliminate this problem in their country?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This COULD be a lame attempt at demonizing the Afghan people and, in turn, get more support for the war on "heathens." The report could be true, but be careful what you read and how you perceive information from mainstream media.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
keep dreaming if you think this is the only place this happens, read a history book its gone on for quit a while as well as went on and still goes on here in the usa it wasn't to long ago that a 12yo girl was married then it wen to 15 some states still allow 16yo and most have adopted 18yo. the reason it has changed because church and state have decided its no longer moral

pedophelia is rampant now more then ever the reason you dont know or hear about it is because you aren't rich/elite or a pedophile.

people think this world is full of sunshine and lemon drops well the reality is that people with the means do unspeakable things, watch the movie hostel that is a reality not just a movie.

some of these elite people are willing to try/do anything just to make sure it will/wont work to be able to open portals to heaven/hell, live forever, be possessed by a daemons/god, ect

cults still very well exist, evil still very well exists, and its not going anywhere anytime soon because these are the people who run your lives

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Yes, it is true. The practice has been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. There was a thread a couple of years ago here at ATS that tried to blame the US for allowing it's continued practice. Meanwhile it was going on long before we got there and will continue [Unfortunately IMO] after we leave.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c7b886f57c3.jpg[/atsimg]
Bacha bazi

Bacha Bazi (Persian: بچه بازی literally "playing with boys"), also known as bacchá ' (from the Persian bacheh بچه‌ "child, young man, calf") is a practice recognized as sexual slavery and child prostitution[1] in which prepubescent and adolescent boys are sold to wealthy or powerful men for entertainment and sexual activities. This business thrives in southern Afghanistan, where many men keep them as status symbols.[2][3] Some of the individuals involved report being forced into sex. The authorities are barely attempting to crack down on the practice as "un-Islamic and immoral acts" but many doubt it would be effective since many of the men are powerful and well-armed former commanders.[4]

edit on 14-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Not above

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
yeah.. and it was also popular and accepted in Athen, Greece, at the time the so called democracy born.
So?
Just a cultural attitude condemn or have as status symbol.
May be democracy will be seen as pedophily in some years. Nothing better than it, honestly.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ya, this is old news actually and is pretty widespread in backwoods islam. Its a traditional stance to basically have gay sex with boys because of some wording. I remember reading about this long long ago..like 2003.

The world is a weird place...and its not just Afghanistan that is like this. Man/boy relationship is a religious right in many nations.

And people wonder why I am not fond of religion..pfft.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
This COULD be a lame attempt at demonizing the Afghan people and, in turn, get more support for the war on "heathens." The report could be true, but be careful what you read and how you perceive information from mainstream media.

No, its the real deal. Pederasty is cultural in many parts of the non western world and is rampant in (most) Muslim societies. Colonial powers such as Britain and France drove it into the tribal regions last century, but it never really went away.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
At least most moderate muslim nations stopped circumcising girls...now that was one seriously brutal practice that turned my stomache reading about it.

The thing we in the west are missing is context. Yes, over here, a boy and man doing the deed is horrific, but in a place where from day 1 your taught its the norm, there is no real psychological issues beyond the ordinary...
I am certainly not giving them pass though, I actually condemn alot of their customs and traditions, I am just saying, perspectively, this is not the most brutal practice...hell, its not even in the top 10 in my book...

But, again, I find almost everything they do to be offensive to my western mindset...and I imagine if they learned my life and traditions, they would be equally as offended at my stands and mindsets...who is right on the grand scale? meh...who knows...whats right for me is right for me.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
At least most moderate muslim nations stopped circumcising girls...now that was one seriously brutal practice that turned my stomache reading about it.

The thing we in the west are missing is context. Yes, over here, a boy and man doing the deed is horrific, but in a place where from day 1 your taught its the norm, there is no real psychological issues beyond the ordinary...
I am certainly not giving them pass though, I actually condemn alot of their customs and traditions, I am just saying, perspectively, this is not the most brutal practice...hell, its not even in the top 10 in my book...

But, again, I find almost everything they do to be offensive to my western mindset...and I imagine if they learned my life and traditions, they would be equally as offended at my stands and mindsets...who is right on the grand scale? meh...who knows...whats right for me is right for me.

I’m sorry but raping an 11 year boy in the anus is not even in the “top 10” of your worsts? I don’t give a rats rear just how “culturally normal” is pederasty, it’s a practice that deeply scars the victim. I don’t see how anyone can find a sexual relationship between a pre-pubescent boy and full grown man as anything other than an abomination.

If there is nothing wrong with pederasty, then why is there anything wrong with female circumcision? You are regurgitating the biggest lie that multiculturalism seeks to push: all societies and their cultural practices are equal morally. That’s bull#, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I simply don't get it. I am not trying to bash the Afghan people, nor their religous beliefs. But I need to say something here. Their whole mindset is so alien to me. I read and I quote from an article
"The overwhelming majority of Afghans (about 99 percent) are Muslims. About 84 percent of Afghan Muslims are Sunnites and about 15 percent are Shiites (mostly the Hazaras and Tajiks)."
Here is the link to where that quote came from. www.afghanistans.com...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't muslims want to do you harm if you draw a picture of Allah? Don't they stone women to death if they commit adultery. There are alot of other things which are punishable by very gruesome methods. Yet pedophilia is accepted? Pedophilia with members of the same sex, in other words homosexuality, is accepted? I thought homosexuality was a big no no in that religion.

I don't get it.
edit on 14/1/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

Its more cultural than religious and like any good hypocrites, they have found a way to circle that giant square of inconsistency between raping boys and Islam.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
If there is nothing wrong with pederasty, then why is there anything wrong with female circumcision? You are regurgitating the biggest lie that multiculturalism seeks to push: all societies and their cultural practices are equal morally.

Thats cool how you took me saying that wasn't my biggest beef = nothing wrong with it

How completely transparent and shallow are you anyhow.

Here is, in a general order, my biggest beefs with backwoods islam:

Honor Killing. I guess then, by using your logic, your fine with this because it isn't your big concern...sure, let a family murder a female whom dishonors them in some way..all good with you, aye? Remember, we are using your logic...
Why are you in favor of honor killing females? Why is murder fine for you?

Next: Mutiliation - Some of the most minor of offenses = having limbs chopped off. Starving for bread? enough to have your hands lopped off? Why do you think this is cool?

Next: Spouse beatings. In islam, a husband is allowed and even encouraged to beat their women within a inch of their life often to keep them in line. I guess you must really hate women to allow what amounts to basically a slave to be endlessly pummeled for speaking out of turn or whatever the minor offense of the week is. Why are you fine with this?

Next: Homosexuals = execution. Why are you fine with executing homosexuals? (proper, not what this is, which is a play on words). Homosexuals happen between two men..not men and boys (which is the hair splitting they are doing to not get executed).

ok, I guess it did make my top 10, but more as a generality

but moving on...

Adultery = stoned to death. Similar to honor killings, but state sanctioned this time. You screw around, expect death. Of course this only really applies to women..after all, men can have many wives

Question islam in any form = Death. You support this do you? Your fine with it...so your against only 1 thing, but for everything else using your logic...

Female schooling = very bad. Taliban up until lately would murder girls going to school, tossing acid on their faces, etc...the fear of death if you became educated and a female...your good with that then?

I could go on, talk about crusifictions, jihad, etc...all the other stuff your just fine with..

Now, how about taking your moronic moral indignation and stuff it. I am willing to accept your apology of course...but chances are, your not the type to admit the obvious

As far as biggest lie, multiculturalism, equal morality, etc...nope, I am not saying overlook it because its all equal, I am saying the opposite...I am saying almost the whole thing stinks of raw sewage, buggering boys is not the worst of it, murdering a girl because she went to school sort of tops that in my book.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by withopeneyes
Pedophilia with members of the same sex, in other words homosexuality, is accepted? I thought homosexuality was a big no no in that religion.

Homosexuality = two men laying together, hense why its acceptable under the technicals of the religion to have sex with a boy. a boy is not a man, therefore, it does not go against their fairy tale.

oops, I mean religion.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Sorry if I misinterpreted your prior post.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't muslims want to do you harm if you draw a picture of Allah?

Ok I'm correcting you.

You cannot depict Mohammed in drawings.... not Allah.

I'm sure nobody knows what Allah looks like.

Allah is just another word for God... much like Yahweh .

They are not different gods but the same god.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't muslims want to do you harm if you draw a picture of Allah?

Ok I'm correcting you.

You cannot depict Mohammed in drawings.... not Allah.

I'm sure nobody knows what Allah looks like.

Allah is just another word for God... much like Yahweh .

They are not different gods but the same god.

You're right. It is Mohammed, rather than Allah I meant to speak of. Good catch!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok I have Muslim friends who think this is disgusting and they ate saying how dare they do this and call themselves Muslims!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by SaturnFX

Sorry if I misinterpreted your prior post.

No problem, its a touchy subject and the last thing needed is for passions to overcome perspective and interpretations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join