It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Can't Believe This Worthless Thread Is getting So Many Replies" Bleats ToxicPoster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yet, here we have TP, bumping said worthless thread, to contribute nothing but a Toxic Dose of Negativity into an otherwise pleasant and respectful thread.

This has nothing to do with the current influx, (frankly I haven't seen much on this supposed current influx).

It happens all the time.

Poster A, a normal poster, posts a thread, gives a couple of links, and other posters join in the discussion.

All goes well, and then out of the BLUE we have ToxicPoster barging into the thread and Bleating something stinking and nasty, all the while contributing NOTHING on topic.

If a thread is so worthless, why are you, TP, bumping it?

Then again, maybe it is a good thing. The posters who engage in this behavior I then know are on my list of posters who are not worth listening to. There is no logic in this behavior, and is nothing but Troll, period.

/end of RANT

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am not really sure I quite understand???
Can you elaborate abit more?
edit on 14-1-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I am ranting about posters who jump into threads, only to say, This thread is worthless, or I cant believe you buy this stuff, and then do not make a contribution to the topic of the thread at all.

Yet Ironically, they are bumping and giving time and effort to such a worthless thread.

It annoys me, thats all.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Ahhhh I get it now and I totally agree with you.
If you have nothing to contribute in a positive fashion then they should just keep it to themselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I agree, those posters are annoying, if i don't feel like i agree with the topic i leave it alone, unless i can actually prove something against the topic. If that is the case i would do it politely, just offer the information and sources i found, and let it be, posters who come in and blatantly put the OP down shouldn't be on ats in my opinion. The sad thing is when they are called out by other members reminding them of the civility of ats their normal reply is "I was just voicing my opinion" or something along those lines. Sorry but no, they just enjoy putting others down because they don't agree with it . Sorry, i had to add to your rant lol, ive been reading ats for over a year and get tired of seeing people do this to others when the op puts a good amount of work into their post. Maybe some of "those posters" will read this and stop being such a downer.. we can only dream.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Doesn't the thread's author pick up extra ATS brownie points when someone responds in their thread? If so, which I thinks is the case, then it is at least giving some credit to the OP with their negative response. That hardly is worth the cost of the negativity injected though.

On the other hand, when a novice authors a very weak thread and they receive a number of negative comments it just gives the appearance of the thread being successful. In a sense it is then, if I am correct about the points earned from it. A novice whose points are low receives a boost from their negative responses, people posting to their post directly to let them know how weak it is. For them, then, it is a successful thread, perhaps the most points they earn on ATS. It encourages their effort, or lack thereof.

The long and short though, it doesn't help to respond negatively - if that is the only purpose of the response. Of course it is entirely a different matter when taking a negative stand when you can add to the dialog in a constructive manner. Constructive criticism may be good when there is a nudge toward what would make a better thread/post especially if the critic can add to the dialog and by example.

edit on 14-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"I Can't Believe This Worthless Thread Is getting So Many Replies"

I can't believe you made a thread out of this...

There you go. Example.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yet Ironically, they are bumping and giving time and effort to such a worthless thread.

It annoys me, thats all.

Think of it this way...they are only destroying their own credibility when they do so....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes that is about the only positive side effect. It does point out to the general membership that this particular member is just out for trollish toxic troublemaking.

Originally posted by Gazrok

It annoys me, thats all.

Think of it this way...they are only destroying their own credibility when they do so....

new topics

top topics

join