It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highlighted threads in profile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Every once in awhile, I would like my profile to have a couple of my old threads showing up on my profile.

Sadly, the only threads that show up at the main page are the most recent ones.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a spot up top that had a place for me to put two threads that I really enjoy and want to keep alive / associated with me.

For now, if we want to keep a thread alive and continuing, we simply slap it in our signature, That is a workaround I guess, however, there is no "at a glance" to see if the responses increased, etc.

Anyhow, I would request this as thought for any future upgrade plan you have for functionality...just above the recent threads, just 2 spots..maybe not even your threads but a couple you really enjoy still that may not be in anything beyond archives...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hey Saturn,

Surely we already have this feature in the sense that if you post to a thread, it then adds to your list of subscribed threads and then when anyone else posts to that thread it will appear at the top of the list?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Hey Saturn,

Surely we already have this feature in the sense that if you post to a thread, it then adds to your list of subscribed threads and then when anyone else posts to that thread it will appear at the top of the list?

Yes, this is not for me though, I am talking about say...if you come to my profile page to see what sort of a jerk I am, you will see 2 threads at the top of my profile that may be ages old, but is what I put up there for one reason or another that I deem one of my best threads..

like, your profile page has your last 6 threads...the latest being 2012: The End? Or Is Something Else Going On?

If you found that thread to be just the most fantastic thread you made, you would want it to be right there on page 1 of your profile for all to see even 10 years from now if you wanted (ok, 2012 thread in 10 years may not be the best, but you get the point).

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Possible temporary work-around;
What about setting links to your favourite threads in your Comments section?
Or "favourite sites"?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yeah, I do see what your getting at, but in all fairness it's possible to create an even "greater" thread and therefore you would simply have to keep changing your linked thread in the members profile.

However, from one point of view, I can understand as there are a few threads I've created that I've been personally proud about and would like everyone to read them if they had the chance.

The fact that they die a death when no one adds a new post is a little unfortunate but saying that, if I like a particular poster or think they have something good to say I do look at their thread history.

On the other hand, it can become tedious

Okay, I think you have persuaded me.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Yeah, I do see what your getting at, but in all fairness it's possible to create an even "greater" thread and therefore you would simply have to keep changing your linked thread in the members profile.

Right...user controlled...like how I can change my mood, or my sig, same thing but with just a weblink for an ats thread...2 fields that you can change whenever you want that smack the two threads in question right above your profile's latest thread made by you area.

2 field redesign in the css profile and thats it...total time for completion...about 3 minutes of coding and a recompile.

So Staff...can I get a "maybe, we will consider it" then?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Well I think your answer will probably be that you can post your most recent (or important) threads in your sig, but you've won me over. I'd say it would be a good idea, a useful feature and an added functionality to the site as a whole but then again; when does anyone listen to my insane ramblings?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I second it; it's a great idea.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
alright...a great idea by at least 2, and only 1 flag...

-grabs a ruler- Everyone show me their knuckles...time for some cracking!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Great idea!

Flagged!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Damn good idea.

Now, If only somebody with the means to implement it was listening..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
if you come to my profile page to see what sort of a jerk I am, you will see 2 threads at the top of my profile that may be ages old, but is what I put up there for one reason or another that I deem one of my best threads..

This can be easily solved, re-direct them to my profile, or send me an auto message, and I will gladly explain to whoever will listen what sort of a jerk you are.

You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Great idea!

I also miss the capability of posting my three favorite threads ever on my profile page (threads of other members).
That was also a nice feature.

top topics

join