It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control: Catholic Church Firmly, Quietly Opposes Firearms For Civilians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by burntheships

I don't interfere in their business,
The had better stay out of mine.

Well said.

I am firmly opposed to child abuse, but does that stop the Catholic church doing it?

Why should anyone listen to them spout off aginst anything?

CX.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikappa

Originally posted by burntheships
Firearms in the hands of civilians should be strictly limited and eventually completely eliminated.

I despire firearms with a passion, so I appreciate the call for stricter regulation, but... to completely eliminate them? How do they even hope to accomplish that?

Oh I am sure they are working behind the scenes feverishly to bring about gun contol.

And I have a question for you, how can you despise an inaminmate object?
edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What would we find if we knew the secrets as of late The Church keeps?

If we compare notes to the last 50 years, we find some heavy involvment with the mafia.

Heres a nice secret that they kept for a while. If only we knew the rest!

Now we know that the mafia turned in thier guns a long time ago right?

the current financial strength of Roman Catholic Church as well as many of its problems began in 1929 with the signing of the Lateran Treaty, in which a financially besieged Pope Pius XI exchanged recognition and support of Mussolini's Fascist government for more than $90 million and the establishment of the Vatican as a sovereign state. Williams traces how the Vatican's new emphasis on financial stability led it into other morally questionable financial arrangements with Adolf Hitler, the fascist state of Croatia and reputed Sicilian Mafia financier Michele Sindona. He examines carefully the establishment and workings of the Instituto per le Opere di Religione, commonly known as the Vatican Bank, "an entity unto itself without corporate or ecclesiastical ties to any other agency within the Holy See." While parts of the book overlap with other recent works on the Vatican and the popes (especially on Pius XI's refusal to censure the brutal ethnic cleansing of Orthodox Serbs and Jews by Croatia's Ustashi regime)

www.amazon.com...
edit on 14-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Oh I am sure they are working behind the scenes feverishly to bring about gun contol.

And I have a question for you, how can you despise an inaminmate object?

For the same reason the legions of armchair commandos obsess over it, I guess.

Also, it's one thing to talk about "gun control"... but apparently their long-term goal is to completely eliminate them, which just seems... a bit out of this world, you know? Can't see it happen, short of reengineering the human brain completely...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'll gladly give up my firearms when the Catholic Church tells it's Swiss Guards to disarm and leave the Vatican unprotected! Seems only fair!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Ah The Popes Army...
Switzerland and Rome a collaboration in a way that is still strong after 500 years. url

Well thats another reason we need our firearms!

Although I am guessing the next time they come for us it might be with weapons of mass destruction!

Next thing you know they will want us to stop praying!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Some of you have pointed it out perfectly, its a matter of control, and although the statistics of gun abuse are alarming, I`d rather have one than not.
Its a matter of education, and being very aware of the fact that if a gun comes out, someone will indeed use it to whatever means they deem fit.

Catholic church has been weakening little by little, and all the protestant sub groups that have spawned in America have helped a lot, right now they are all like rats getting out of the sinking ship, trying to gnaw wherever they can, to get a hold and milk the cow for as long as they can, eventually they will all disband and form other neo religious groups, and thrive again on the ignorance of the masses, they have done so for hundreds of years, they know how to adapt and change , granted, not all of them, but some are as sneaky as the devil itself!

we can resist of course, and never give up on our life rights, unfortunately when the time comes, I believe that defending our sovereignty will take our lives as well! cheers everyone, we can still do plenty of good right now, and spread the word to those that dont know what the top tiers are doing!

Its not the gun the problem, its the fact that some foreign ideals are corrupting and have corrupted the system, some cannot cope with the stress of being bombarded by silent weapons, they break and everyone else who so desired a positive change is labeled as radicals and terrorists, its not the gun, but the hand that holds it...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
S & F!

I'm so mad now! The Vatican will can't control their pedophile priests and then they to cover-up their actions and then they're going to try and use their influence on the US policy.

Keep your @#$^&% opinions in Rome and control your perverted priests!

I hate Catholics!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Ahh let us not fall into the trap of hating Catholics. This actually has nothing to do with the church body...
Only the leaders of the ring. Although I can see that a desired outcome would be to turn us citizens against each other.
That is precisely why they make press releases such as this.

Lets remember that The Vatican is setting policy in The Church.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

The church is against guns in the hands of civilians but that doesn't mean Catholic civilians are against guns because the church says it is wrong. ......

The Vatican is politics first than religion second.

Thank you, thats an important distinction we need to keep in mind.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Catholic Church has a long and dubious record of thinking they are the arbiters of righteousness and policy in this world. Mostly they have tripped over their collective tongues more often than not. Of course they are not alone. The words, customs and traditions of man make void and corrupt the word of God, no matter which faith you happen to believe in!

Zindo
edit on 1/14/2011 by ZindoDoone because: Spelling..again!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
S & F!

I'm so mad now! The Vatican will can't control their pedophile priests and then they to cover-up their actions and then they're going to try and use their influence on the US policy.

Keep your @#$^&% opinions in Rome and control your perverted priests!

I hate Catholics!

And you think Islam doesnt have perverted imams? Islam is the same as Catholics.
Islam on the other allows child marriages which is even more sicker.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
and again its not a matter of us vs them, we are all in the SAME BOAT with nowhere to run, either we make things better here or we all drown!

Its the extreme radicalism the thing that has no place in a "civilized" world, when we learn to accept the meaning of "choice" and the price one has to pay when living responsibly!

Ultras have no place in any discussion, we must learn to adapt and to accept, of course if they shove we should push...

Hopefully the day comes when we sit down talk things over, realize that we had been wrong all along, and start pulling together towards the shore...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

I honestly think they try hard to keep this from happening.
That is why they have all of the left right paradigm news covered.

Many for the left, many for the right.

Of course I am a conservative...could live forever with out the three big Networks.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I may have acted hastily at the moment I posted. I don't "hate" Catholics in general. My high school girlfriend was Catholic(well, her family was) and they were about as normal as they come.

I had some things to do and I was rushed a bit ago. Maybe I should've said "I hate the leadership of the Catholic Church."

Yeah. That sounds better.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

understandable. I used the term church thinking of all of the people that are in
the chruch. As Equinox99 pointed out very nicely for us.

I am guilty of the same thing, having used the term "detest" ...just a confession on my part.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join