It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick question about world peace.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Are there people who believe that world peace can only be achieved after seven years of terrible war occur? Also, if these people exist, are there ones who want to force this war to happen in order for to be world peace?

Note: I mean no disrespect to anyone. I am merely asking a question about something that I do not understand.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
the 7 year war is just another hope train

just like aleins coming to save the planet

or god intervention

or superhero intervention

or mass enlightenment

all of these things are hope trains. Whatever has the ring of world peace people will hold on too. Because they desperatly want it .

world peace is far away espically since we keep allowing these criminals in world leader positions .

We have only our selfs to blame and the generations before and after us who sit idle and hope for a miracle to fall on there laps with world peace on it .

Don't hold your breathe.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Only a terrorist attack by Doctor Manhattan can create world peace

(what...the watchmen mythos is equally as valid as any others!)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by benuphoenix

Yes, certainly there are such people, but it's a rather obvious question. Your real question is; are there people who actually believe the words as they are stated in the Bible. Well, you don't need to get on this site in order to glean that answer, c'mon.

Your second question is much more interesting and much more relevant to this community. Are there people actively trying to act as the catalyst for such events. I would say undoubtedly. The devil, as they say, is in the details. Peace...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The people who mock are as bad as the people who use these things to generate a reality they want.

Humans are scum period, and how anyone can ever have peace with humans like they are today is beyond me. People need to accept humans are mostly scum. 90% of people have no understanding what so ever of right and wrong, and while they are taught they know what is right, lol.

Alot of arrogance also in skeptics that know nothing of anything is just as bad as bible believers or what ever.

Both sides have never been right ever, and the arrogance of people never being right is bizarre.
edit on 1/14/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
World peace can only exist if we lay down our swords of arrogance; and embrace the power of love. Globally.
Leaders who operate in this fashion must be put in control across the globe. Because they understand, with love, greed can not exist.. with love, you can not harm another.

To be honest, the people born in the mid 60s and 70s should be the leaders that spear-head this movement, but they have let us down. Falling victim of drugs, etc..

They should be the people in politics right now. They should be replacing the selfish bankers, and greedy politicians.

But there's a plan, balance will return.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Empathy more important than love. You can be empathic for something you hate, and still accept it has a right to exist, just like you. I have no interest in love, but empathy will be more important to sorting issues than love. Love is selfish and empathy is acceptance of something that we all.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You're mixing love with obsession.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
seedofchucky is right, world peace is mearly a dream. Something that will likely never happen.

The people of this world have to learn to care for each other, and get rid of the bloody polititions that screw it up more so then it already is.

War doesn't bring peace, it brings money to greedy governments which never actually benefit their populations.

"I don't need your civil war, it feeds the rich while it buries the poor....The power hungry selling soldiers in a human grocery store...."(ain't that fresh)

Good song, true quote though none the less...

But as i've said before, everything is how it should be.....or must be even.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by andy1033

You're mixing love with obsession.

Na i am not, emapthy is the only thing that would stop a human from hurting something, not love. I have never felt love and never want too.

Empathy is and always will be the only way humans will stop all this garbage. But your too dehumanised today, and to feel sorry for another human is absurd to most humans today.

Love is not no answer, look how many people out there destroy for love.

Only empathy will be the thing that saves people. I think thats alot to do with christmas day, people mistake it for love, its just your more empathic on christmas day than at any other time of the year.

new topics

top topics

join