It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News criticizes memorial before it's even over

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I didn't watch it but to hear it was a campaign rally instead of a descret and respectful memorial does not surprise me in the least. Politicians are such idiots!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Not sure how your comment plays into this particular discussion. You can feel however you want about it. The point here is news outlets telling us everything they hate about everything they hate instead of simply informing us of circumstances.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Are you talking about the Az. pep rally that President Obama attended yesterday?
you would think that a man with his intellect ,a Harvard law degree and yet he never learned manners.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
.. but the way it was set up, executed and perceived is nothing short of disturbing.

I agree on one of your claims.

It was a memorial service...one that most understood wasn't fodder for political attacks...Even the Pres. repeatedly asked for folks to show a brief moment of decency Left and Right...apparently some folks can't resist.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
There was a memorial event? Really? When I was flipping channels I could have sworn it was some Obama rally complete with souvenirs and cheering fans!

Really....Fox has every right to criticize. It was a disgrace!

White House operatives passed out t-shirts to the crowd with Obama's new campaign logo, 'Together We Thrive.' The words were also taped to the seats in which mourners would sit during the service.

Malkin also reports that buses from the University of Arizona at Tuscon flashed the Obama campaign theme prior to the event.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Breaking...memorial service in Tucson turns into political rally - National Conservative | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

edit on January 14th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

A disgrace is when a MOD...for the love of god...quotes the "Examiner" as a source

BY THE WAY..."Together we thrive" was the theme of the Memorial...Not Pres. Obama's new campaign Slogan...and the T-Shirts were being distributed by the University and they weren't Obama T-shirts

Really a MOD? Thanks for interjecting BS where I would expect a MOD to interject Honesty.

University of Arizona spokesperson Jennifer Fitzenberger told me that the shirts were, indeed, provided by the University. “The University wanted to give people something to remember that symbolized community spirit and continued the event’s positive energy into the future,” she said.

According to Fitzenberger, the shirts were designed by a University of Arizona student, and they cost about $60,000. “The University will pay for them,” she noted. “No tuition, state allocations, tax dollars or student fees will be used.”

Malkins basis for "Together we Thrive" being Pres. Obama's new slogan...despite the whitehouse and everyone else saying no, what the hell are you talking about....was finding those words as the title to a blog piece an Obama supporter wrote for "Organizing America" 3 years ago!!!!

Update: Some on the right continues to grasp at anything it can to try and demean what was a moment for people to come together. The latest is a widely-circulated post from the Fire Andrea Mitchell blog entitled “‘Together We Thrive’ slogan first used by Obama’s Organizing for America February of 2008.” See if you can spot the lies:

Hey. don’t take my word for it. Check it out at the Organizing for America blog archive. Oh, and in case the Obama regime that this has gotten out and decides to this page,Free Republic has a screen shot. Yes, this is the same slogan that was on all those t-shirts passed out to the cheering section for Obama last night at the basketball arena.

The post links to a blog on MyBarackObama.com (now called Organizing for America) that uses “Together We Thrive” as its headline. At the bottom of that blog, of course, is the tidbit that makes this entire premise a lie:

Content on blogs in My.BarackObama represents the opinions of community members and in no way should be interpreted as endorsed or approved by the campaign.

www.mediaite.com...

Serioussly...does the right want to be both dishonest AND stupid??

Why on earth would anyone introduce a new Presidential campaign slogan at a memorial????

It doesn't make sense....Is it his "Secret" campaign slogan that he convinced the University of Arizona to pretend they came up with???

Seriously...WTF is wrong with some peoples thinking?
edit on 14-1-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

one that most understood wasn't fodder for political attacks

Except when you use 6 dead souls to sponsor a political rally at a supposed memorial for said deaths. Then yes, it is fodder for political attacks, as it was a political function.

Even the Pres. repeatedly asked for folks to show a brief moment of decency Left and Right

Then he jumped on a plane and flew to a political rally using the deaths of civilians as a cover for political advertisement.

Really a MOD? Thanks for interjecting BS where I would expect a MOD to interject Honesty.

Mod's have opinions mate, I understand you disagree with people in the thread but childish regurgitation of insults really won't further your opinion on anyone. Especially since folks on the left and right in this thread agree the memorial was in bad taste. And to remind you, no one has said anything about Obama being the cause, what he said etc... just the actions of the students. Personally, I don't expect much from university Students, they have the political mindset of gullible children.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by MMPI2

You were dead wrong here. I wont call you a lier becuase I assume you just repeated lies without checking for the truth. Idealogical driven gullibility??? That or Lier..You tell me.

Neither. Pure, unadulterated fact.

CBS News - T Shirt Sales and Revelry at a Memorial for the dead?

Pointing to the fact that the slogan appeared on various items at the memorial event, Malkin wrote, "Yes, the Tucson massacre is being branded." She later wrote that she had been informed that the University Of Arizona had been responsible for the t-shirts and other items, but added: "Given the Obama White House's meticulous attention to stage prop details, however, I would say the odds of involvement by Axelrod/Plouffe & Co. are high."

How does it feel being completely factually and intellectually bested by an obvious superior?

(BTW, I'm reporting your post to the moderators for ad hominem, invective and personal attacks).

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

one that most understood wasn't fodder for political attacks

Except when you use 6 dead souls to sponsor a political rally at a supposed memorial for said deaths.

Thus my bolding of your word perception...yours is obviously viewed through some pretty dark and thick idealogical glasses. Not a rally...a memorial. You are just trained to shout when you see the President,

Mod's have opinions mate, I understand you disagree

Opinions?...Opinions are not facts or lies...those are what opinions are based on.

The Mod posted lies...albeit someone elses, but from the source...the Mod couldn't have been without suspicion but rather chose to believe or lied ...I let the MOD explain which.

That is some basic fundementals of living...facts, lies and opinions and knowing the difference. Please don't do yourself a disservice by acting confused.

Personally, I don't expect much from university Students, they have the political mindset of gullible children.

You mean they are threatening becuase they are educated and ask questions? Yes, I can see how that would give a propagandist mindset fits.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

reply to post by MMPI2

You were dead wrong here. I wont call you a lier becuase I assume you just repeated lies without checking for the truth. Idealogical driven gullibility??? That or Lier..You tell me.

Neither. Pure, unadulterated fact.

CBS News - T Shirt Sales and Revelry at a Memorial for the dead?

Pointing to the fact that the slogan appeared on various items at the memorial event, Malkin wrote, "Yes, the Tucson massacre is being branded." She later wrote that she had been informed that the University Of Arizona had been responsible for the t-shirts and other items, but added: "Given the Obama White House's meticulous attention to stage prop details, however, I would say the odds of involvement by Axelrod/Plouffe & Co. are high."

How does it feel being completely factually and intellectually bested by an obvious superior?

Are you out of your mind? You posted something Michelle Malkin claimed ...and since she said it...it is fact?

The whitehouse says they had nothing to do with it and it is not there slogan.

The university said they concieved of, designed, manufactured and distributed the t-shirts.

It was the theme of the memorial...nothing political about it.

Unless the GOP now feels "Together" and "Thrive" are specific "Democrat" words...which might be the case given there Obstructionist...Divide.."the country be damned"..policy of the past two years.

Who the hell cares what Michelle Malkin SPECULATES.

You have no idea what a fact is.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A disgrace is when a MOD...for the love of god...quotes the "Examiner" as a source

Well then, how about a non-mod quoting CBS news?

www.cbsnews.com...

Furthermore, now that you have completely been exposed as a crank without fact to support his crankiness, lets take a moment to review a few more facts.

Just because you have a person volunteering his/her time to moderate a free public forum as a "moderator", it does not mean that you have relinquished the ability to voice an opinion, unless you live in "The Fourth Obama Reich." Obama is not yet a reichsfuhrer, despite some folks' burning desire for it to happen.

Secondly, the moderator you spoke of used a clear citation of a legit outside news source. The fact that you didn't like the factual message gives you no call to whine about the messenger.

Thirdly, my understanding of the rules here on ATS is that discussion of the actions of moderators is forbidden on this forum. I do not know the specifics, but we may possibly need to forward buddy's post to the administrative board for review.

Fourth and finally, you people whining about a few folks pointing out the obvious do not have a leg to stand on...

The facts are the facts. Obama's functionaries handed out t-shirts in a manner consistent with a political pep rally. A big number of the folks at the MEMORIAL FOR THE DEAD acted in a manner consistent with a political pep rally. The behavior of the Obama people was disgraceful and was in violation of basic social rules and norms for such a solemn event.

You lose, again.

(BTW, I am forwarding buddy's post to the ATS "complaint department" for further review).

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

(BTW, I'm reporting your post to the moderators for ad hominem, invective and personal attacks).

Have a nice day.

FYI...I attack BS...If you don't want to get it on you then stop carrying it around and telling people it is apple pie.

As it stands ...with your double down on a debunked claim, you are wearing it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A memorial service is not a funeral. I do not see any of the victim's families complaining here, just a bunch of old hens. The last memorial service I attended had a DJ, food, singing, laughing, FUN. Why? We were celebrating a life. The funeral was a bit more somber. The idea that anyone would take to the internet to vomit their political partisanship all over a memorial service makes me just a little sick. I sure hope all your memorials have been planned ahead of time and are GOP approved.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

So now am I "dishonest AND stupid" because I found the whole thing disgraceful and in poor taste?

Honestly, it really is a big disappointment to see how culturally divided we are as a nation.

reply to post by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Sinnthia
The idea that anyone would take to the internet to vomit their political partisanship all over a memorial service makes me just a little sick.

Judging from your recent posts, that's amusing coming from you.

edit on 14-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Have a nice day.

FYI...I attack BS...If you don't want to get it on you then stop carrying it around and telling people it is apple pie.

As it stands ...with your double down on a debunked claim, you are wearing it.

I got it on, sport. Got it on all over you.

In the New York Post, John Podhoretz wrote that "the president's stunning speech was marred by the feeling of the evening that surrounded it and the appalling behavior of the crowd in Tucson listening to it." "It was as though no one in the arena but the immediate mourners and sufferers had the least notion of displaying respectful solemnity in the face of breathtaking loss and terrifying evil," he added. "... The tone of the event came to resemble a pep rally, no matter the monstrous fact of the six dead and the many injured....It was as though no one in the arena but the immediate mourners and sufferers had the least notion of displaying respectful solemnity in the face of breathtaking loss and terrifying evil," he added. "... The tone of the event came to resemble a pep rally, no matter the monstrous fact of the six dead and the many injured.""

"Surrounding a clearly stricken President Obama were the devastated survivors, mourning family members, and heart-broken friends of the lost or wounded," added Melissa Clouthier. "They stoically sat in the sea of frivolity with their pain written on their faces. The contrast was jarring to watch. It felt wildly inappropriate. It was rather embarrassing in a skin-crawling, get-me-out-of-here way."

National Review's Rich Lowry, who thought the speech was "magnificent," nonetheless wrote, "The pep-rally atmosphere was inappropriate and disconcerting."

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well then, how about a non-mod quoting CBS news?

www.cbsnews.com...

No offense...but I'm starting to think that you are not thinking clearly...again the CBS article is quoting Michelle Malkin, it says so right in the article, and her claim has been outright disproven already by the Whitehouse, the University and everybody in between.

The Whitehouse had nothing to do with the slogan, tee shirt, it's design, distribution etc. etc. The university did that.

as a "moderator", it does not mean that you have relinquished the ability to voice an opinion,

Opinions...great...Lies that have been clearly disproven and make no sense from questionable sources?? Not opinion...BS. It is telling that some folks still clasify debunked claims and lies as "opinions".

Thirdly, my understanding of the rules here on ATS is that discussion of the actions of moderators is forbidden on this forum. I do not know the specifics, but we may possibly need to forward buddy's post to the administrative board for review.

Please do...MODS are fair game when they enter a debate as a poster...always been that way...you have strange perceptions of how this works. "Discussion of the actions of moderators is forbidden"? Nothing personal, but how old are you...cuz sometimes on this board I mistake people for adults.

The facts are the facts. Obama's functionaries handed out t-shirts in a manner consistent with a political pep rally.

I get that you might think that is a fact..it is just strange.

Do you think that the spokesperson for the university lied when they said they handed out the t-shirts? That it was designed by a student there? That they concieved the theme?

Do you think the Whitehouse denied it is their campaign slogan...so they can what?...keep it as a secret campaign slogan?

Pretty weird conspiracy forming here about a secret campaign slogan that the entire university of maryland and it's student body is covering up for Obama...

Does a campaign slogan even work if it is secret??

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Judging from your recent posts, that's amusing coming from you.

edit on 14-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

What an empty ad hoc that is.
Have any substance to add to it or is this just empty mud flinging?
Anything to actually say?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Am I the only one seeing a bunch of hypocrites lately? Seriously... A bunch of rabid people, ranting and raving about right wing this, tea party that on the first thread(without any real proof of course). Now they want to complain when the other side has anything to say about how that farce of a memorial service went down?
edit on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:55:42 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:56:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Keep spinnin' little buddy...keep those wheels a spinnin'.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

So now am I "dishonest AND stupid" because I found the whole thing disgraceful and in poor taste?

Honestly, it really is a big disappointment to see how culturally divided we are as a nation.

Wasn't talking to you, but here you go anyways..

Disgraceful? Poor taste...opinions...I disagree, but there is nothing dishonest or stupid about those opinions.

Tell me that the Obama campaign handed out t-shirts with there new campaign slogan on it.....and I will tell you that everything in that statement has been disproven as a lie.....Dishonest

Stupid...are folks who read the debunking and still choose to believe the nonsense.

For example...If the University, It's students and it's spokespeople have come forward and explained they designed, thought up and distributed the t-shirts...are they lieing? Why?

OK they are part of a conspiracy...it's still Pres. Obamas slogan and the University is covering it up..

OK the whitehouse explained it's not thier slogan..

OK...what you have here is a massive cover up of a secret slogan...what good is a secret slogan that warrants a massive cover up by the university and the whitehouse...a slogan you can't admit to?

THAT IS STUPID!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join