It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunatic Fringe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Great song by Red Ryder. But in light of the recent shooting in AZ and the fact that this guy may have been a regular here, I have a concern. I have voiced it before, but it's even more mainstream now. What should we do about the crazys?

There are a few posters here who are very obviously not 100% there. It's way beyond someone believing in reptilians from center earth, it's people who constantly post about things that make it obvious they are in need of care. Should we ignore them? I do this for fear of being the one to set them off. But I know others may not know the posters history and provoke them.

I am not suggesting any kind of phisical intervention, but should there be something done? Some way to attempt to help these people? My psycology abilbity ends at a friendly talk over a beer and some free advice. I have no training in these matters and have no clue what, it anything should be done.

Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I am a member that believes in a hollow earth and that we share this earth with many others. am I crazy? I believe that ET operate on this planet in our military and Navy - should I be tarnished with the brush that of Jared?

Just because peoples way of thinking are different to so called main stream of what is acceptable to think doesn't mean that people need help. Just a little understanding would go a long way.
edit on 14-1-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Who gets to draw the line where crazy begins? Seriously, john q public would probably have most of us under scrutiny for being nutcases. People should not be fearful to share their thoughts and opinions, unless they say something along the lines that they are planning to do something violent.
edit on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:53:13 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Are they being coherent? thats the key. Anyone can believe in something way out there and provide a reason why they think it. Usually the crazies dont make sense not because of their beliefs but because of the way they express them. Rambling, digressing, jumping from one subject to the next at lightspeed.
I think I left my moustache in the taxi cab.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The last thing this great community that we call ATS needs is to become divided over the rather insane actions of one man.

What happened was a tragedy, and maybe it could have been avoided had that shooter received some form of treatment, but there's no way to say that for certain.

Sadly this was not the first time that an ATS member had decided to take a life. I still remember that poor troubled Native American boy's actions and the sorrow I felt due to that.

Are there unstable personalities on here? Sure, you damned right there are. But that is no different than ANYWHERE else, in cyberspace, or the job you go to work at, your church(or whatever), and social venues(theater, concert, etc).

Folly is to try and label others that do not conform to what one person or group considers normal. Even with good intentions you would end up discriminating against some that had no ill intent whatsoever, and it is my belief that to infringe upon even one person's liberty wrongly, is , well, it's a crime itself!

Please folks, don't go down this road. Fight the (almost pavlovian) urge to polarize. We have to be better than this.

I know we are, here at ATS at least.

X

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am glad you have asked Network Dude, first let me start out by saying I am sure I am more insane than anyone else!

Now how can we protect ourselves from that?

I suggest a save the Proto Fund, where every one pitches in and donates millions annualy so I can finally learn to live properly and sanely in a free capitilist society by being able to purchase anything I want, when ever I want to entertain myself in peaceful, productive and sociable ways.

With the money to finance endless drunken orgies on my new luxury yacht I really think I am not going to have the time to do anything crazy that might hurt anyone, and with my every avarice satiated through this wise and charitible process, why would I be angry at any of you and want to do anything to hurt the goose that lays the golden egg.

This is the best way forward for us all, I am 100% positive about that, and since I am so crazy, well no use disagreeing and risking setting me off. No, just donate gernerously to the Save the Proto to Save Us Too Fund and relax your worries away by donating to the greatest extent you can.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is the environment that TOLERANCE breeds, OK?

No one wanted to get in that guys face about anything...

Live and let live. Right?

No Profiling, Right?

Every one has rights, Right? Free Speech, Right?

Once in awhile you have to question what is going on in someone else's life especially if it is so far out that it's creating a stereotypical monster.

Satan worship is OK, right? Freedom of religion, Right?

I haven't heard anyone say else comment about his atheism (which implies NO God ... and thus NO satan)

Am I the only one that understands atheism as belief that God doesn't exist? (And logically then, no satan.)

Wull, If there is NO God to these atheists then where does satan come in??? Wull, maybe in some communities evil rules and God has no place. (thinking: where would that community be?)

What the fug does satan stand for anyhow???

Satan in all classical descriptions that I've ever read/heard is the definition for Death. Has the general population become so retarded not to understand satan worship as death?

Satan worshiping should be a huge red flag that something is seriously wrong.

Freedom of religion shouldn't include eXTReMiST MuSLiM SuiCiDe BoMBiNG, anymore than it should include freedom to worship death.

Or should it? Who pushed satan worship as a form of religion or free speech?

Perhaps, tightening our belt and labeling satan worshipers as REAL nutjobs and inhuman (since it really isn't human) and institutionalize them will help humanity? Of course, the ones at the top would be first in...

Yeah, I've been called naive; Long ago.

Somehow, definitions have gotten muddled in political correctness and free speech (as some practice it.)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
there's a vast difference between those of us in the 'Lunatic fringe'
and the quite rare ' deranged murderers'

one thing you can do...is to stay away from those potential murderers...use your inate gut feelings or psychic abilities to identify these social misfits...
in that way you 'judge not' others nor spread mischief

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Who gets to draw the line where crazy begins?

Yep exactly, who gets to draw the line. I do not believe in hollow earth but there most definitely are loads of bases underground. My life proved that electronic mind control existed in schools in 1992, in london.

It may be far out but its still true.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

perhaps I worded that wrong. I was a believer in Bigfoot for years. I bought into the Biscoti mess, hook, line, and sinker. I have some other theories that are equally as strange. Hollow earth? If that's your thing, great. What I am referring to is the people who think that some group has been out to get them their whole lives. They say things in conversations that make obvious signs to the fact that they need help. Am I the only one who sees these people?

Sorry, I thought there might be something that could be done to help these people.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Sorry, but freedom of religion includes every religion, period.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think that a lot of us would rather assume things some people say are nuts, because if it was true it would be scary as hell! I know a few of the people you speak of though, but what can we do about them? What could the owner and admin possibly do? Trace their IP and send warnings to the authorities? I know I would be megapissed if a website I was part of did something like that to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hahah Don't be a nutjob.

Who decides? If you ask that, then you need some life experience as you've learned nothing.

History decides. It's in the human condition to strive for great accomplishments.

Worshiping death is psychotic. It's RETARDED. That means that a persons intellect has been retarded somehow. Not at full capacity.

When will people become aware of what is HUMAN and what's NOT?

Drop the tolerance crap and take a position. Ask a simple question... ... or two.

Is this acceptable human behavior? and even ... Would my mother (or father) approve? Being a dad, I approve of many things mom wouldn't
except where it concerns the kids.

Weird huh? How could it be that simple?

Oh, you have Officials (your servants, police, politicians, Kardashians, blind leading blind) that TELL you whats acceptable. OK.

Edit to add: saw your single reply above and add... Read this post and grow. Else deteriorate. You have no guidance/leader. Why bother with a conscious either. Way to tolerant for America. Satan worship is a sickness. If you don't understand that you've had your brain meticulously washed.
edit on 1·14·11 by DrMattMaddix because: because I Can!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't want the gestapo to kick down any doors, I am genuinely concerned for the safety of these people. One in particular. Maybe I am the crazy one and should leave this topic alone. If I see the lonely kid getting picked on by the bullies, I help the lonely kid. When he is doing it to himself, I have no idea what to do or how to help. It's just frustrating.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You sound like another ignorant person, bashing something you know nothing about to me. I get that all the time from my extended family though, so I am used to it. I choose not to judge other people for their beliefs, as long as that belief doesn't violate the rights of another person.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

So I guess we should take all the ones who don't fit "the mold" and put them into boxcars and haul them off to "re-education camps" ? Tolerance has a place in this world. Opinions are fine, as long as they don't intrude on someone else's life. Who knows, maybe you are the one destine for the boxcar?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
The last thing this great community that we call ATS needs is to become divided over the rather insane actions of one man.

Exactly, how many in the police have committed murder in effect but are considered sane.

Our community gets this attention after one person does something, there is always going some people.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Every decision a police person makes effects anothers life. What about all the bullying that the so called good people who are the psychopaths do, oh no they do not effect anyone, lol.

Most psychopaths are in the positions of power, and hardly you will find that trait in someone looking for truths.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by franspeakfree

Sorry, I thought there might be something that could be done to help these people.

Short answer is nope.

Ever hear of crime of passion? Manslaughter?

Humans respect other humans' life enough to not terminate it on a whim.

Great example of where everyone is susceptible: Catch hubby or wifey cheating and who knows what mousey/wussbag will go off and kill his/her spouse (and/or the homewrecker too.)

Seeking death isn't human. Those that consciously seek it, find it, and are no longer human.

Those that seek death for others or worship it are inhuman.

Thus, all through history, shunned, punished. A sickness. An illness.

It's an undesirable human trait to relish murder. Those in power that order wars etc... I really wonder about. I've come to believe they are all mentally ill and most are the description of inhuman.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Short reply... You can't help everyone.

I've tried.

FWIW: Have faith that you will be able to influence those that are worth YOUR time to influence and do the best that you can with what you have and never regret your choices.

Sometimes the choice is to leave well enough alone. Let someone else do the job. Other times jump in screaming.

Thanks for starting the thread. I found that by replying, I've resolved something in my own mind about satan worshipers and that suspected shooter in AZ and crazy people in general.

I'm not riding any boxcar. Because I think psycho inhuman monsters should be put into asylums ... Absolutely.

Who's the judge?

Who ever can get them committed.

I don't have any specific nutjobs nearby... No satan worshipers that I know...

Wicca are good people and mistaken for satanics all the time ... why? because retards!

I'm a Christian BTW ... Feel free to flame THAT over and over.

I'm not trolling, however, I'm enjoying my free speech.

It's my firm opinion that as part of the human race that we responsibly identify INHUMAN and call it that when we see it. Don't tolerate inhumanity. Understand the word and make it stick. Make it as dirty as the F word. Responsibly. (Not the witch hunt some people would try to lead you to believe.)

How many nutjobs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
edit on 1·14·11 by DrMattMaddix because: why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join