It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

371 Dead Birds Fall from Sky on LA's Sunset Blvd Became Food For The Homeless 1/13/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Each day comes another event. I strongly urge the powers to be here at ATS start a forum for these events.

Can someone debunk this article?

The bird drop happened just after noon, and word of mouth passed quickly. I heard about the horrific event from my neighbor, who happens to whistle when he talks and has a goiter on his neck. By the time I arrived at Sunset and Cahuenga, confusion was in full swing and the homelesses were busy picking up the dead birds and stuffing them into their dirty jacket pockets.

The dead birds in this incident were exclusively pigeons, but for the homelesses, they were food. One man had already cleaned his fowl and was arguing with a hot dog vendor about frying it on his hot dog grill. The homeless held a bloody knife and shook the pigeon in the vendor's face. The pigeon's entrails hung at least a foot from the pigeon's slashed belly. The guts swayed as the homeless man passionately pointed his knife at the hot dog grill.

The hot dog vendor had abandoned his cart and a dozen or more homelesses were cutting the breasts out of the pigeon corpses and grilling the meat. They had formed a small mob. One whole pigeon corpse, still with feathers and not gutted, sat atop the grill. Soon the smell of burning feathers filled the air—a putrid stench that made me cough into my voice recorder.

One man quickly turned his breast meat over and licked his fingers. "Hot," he said. I told them, Roll this grill in there, at least, so the cops can't get at you. CNN said you could bring this grill also.

www.associatedcontent.com...
edit on 14-1-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

***Can anyone here on ATS confirm this event? Or is this a Hoax by the Author?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I hope the homeless are not eating them...........

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I hope the homeless are not eating them...........
I am pretty sure that was their plan.

I hope the pigeons didn't die of a biological cause, for the homeless peoples sake.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Did anyone read the article? Pretty sure it was a joke/fiction.. The part where CNN invited the homeless into their building to cook the pigeons was a red flag for me..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes, I was just thinking this is a bit daft when they don't officially know what caused them to die. It's good in a way though, as what else would be done with these birds- kills two birds with one stone.... gets rid of the carcasses and feeds people in need.

edit on 14-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: it's not april 1st, is it?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Remedylane

No I didnt click link. All I seen was people eating fallin birds that there is no sure reason as to why they fall. SO that is what caught my attention. SMH bad hoax especially at these times. This is no joking issue.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Associated content I think is descriptive writing. Is it not? I read the whole story and I got to hand it to the writer. He was more interested about what the "bums" were doing. The guy definitely has a focus for the poor. Skid row is no joke. My Brother In law scared me straight be taking me for a drive down there. Even though I wouldn't doubt the homeless and their hunger I surely believe this piece to be "A Piece of -" .

edit on 1/14/11 by him777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by him777

About the author.......

Adam Michael Luebke
Adam Michael Luebke is writing a novel titled Parade of Bums, and working on a collection of short fiction stories. He is obsessed with opium, guttural sounds, progressive occultism, and Rudolf Steiner. Mr. Luebke has a blog tailored for the short American attention-span at: www.stickitup
youramericandream.blogspot.com

contributor.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

O.K. So why did You post this again. I'm sorry, I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Oh my god! Not the poison pigeons again.

Don't you all remember when the poor wandering Israelites got tired of eating manna and complained? A flock of quail flew over...maybe they dropped out of the sky, I dunno. Don't think the Israelites had guns to shoot 'em down. So anyway, maybe they did drop. So anyway, the Israelites stuffed them in their dirty pockets that had accumulated 40 years of desert dust and then they cooked them. And they all got sick as a dog. Yepers. Some kind of quail poison. It happens seasonally. It was supposed to teach them to shut up complaining about the manna and just be glad you got that.

Then Jesus came along and said "What kind of a father gives his child a stone when he asks for bread? Or a scorpion when he asks for peanut butter?" (Matthew 7:9)

That was your clue right there that Jesus did not have anything to do with the old testament god.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Jesus and Moses interesting point

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Remedylane

Reading the paragraphs presented by the OP I was reminded of H S T before the meth and coke got a huge grip on his mind.

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Trigger for a zombie outbreak anyone?

Seriously though, there are many people that pick up road kill for the pot, usualy when they have a pretty good idea that it is fresh and the cause of death is known.

I guess when you are homeless and don't know where the next meal is coming from, this would be like a gift from the gods. Would a little disease be a big thing to you when you dice with infection on a daily basis?

Whether the story is a hoax or not, i don't know....but it's perfectly understandable.

CX.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
For those wondering about Associated Content:

I've done freelance writing for them, myself, and can tell you that they do not accept joke articles. it's not The Onion.

It's possible that the story here was not well researched, but I'd not dismiss it before checking further.

AC is the content-mill side of Yahoo News.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

This story was just released about 15 hours ago with the USGS and Harvard Biologists:

So what's happening this time?

Blame technology, says famed Harvard biologist E.O. Wilson. With the Internet, cell phones and worldwide communications, people are noticing events, connecting the dots more.
'This instant and global communication, it's just a human instinct to read mystery and portents of dangers and wondrous things in events that are unusual,' Wilson told The Associated Press on Thursday.
'Not to worry, these are not portents that the world is about to come to an end.'
Wilson and the others say instant communications – especially when people can whip out smart phones to take pictures of critter carcasses and then post them on the Internet – is giving a skewed view of what is happening in the environment.
The irony is that mass die-offs – usually of animals with large populations – are getting the attention while a larger but slower mass extinction of thousands of species because of human activity is ignored, Wilson said.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Kind of interesting that the mass die offs are very large specie and non-threatened species, but the concerned for the thousands on the brink of extinction are being ignored by the MSM and the ordinary public..
Makes one give it a second take on the species extinction process..
Can't jump to the 2012 too quickly over these events, and as for the OP's original posted thread story? Seems a bit "Mellow-dramatic" to me as well. Then again, they may taking his fictional works and trrying to say they are some kind of prophetic and come to realized fact? Dunno....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by him777

Are you saying it’s a hoax? I have yet to find thats its a “hoax” anywhere "yet". Based on his other writings, it would be odd for him to post such a piece. Maybe since he is a “descriptive” writer he has exaggerated about the number of birds and where they were cooked.

I am constantly looking for “new” bird events. If it’s a hoax then lets mark it as one………….But someone needs to find where it’s says it’s a hoax.

I know for certain that MSM is not reporting all of the bird events........Ex: The one just north of Sullivan Missouri which occurred two days before the Sullivan event.

As for those who know me........I am all about the truth..............Lets find out the truth to this event........

I will attempt to contact the author myself if need to be………..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Thanks for your impute on associated content. I attempted to contact him through his bio page. You must be a member to do so. Are you still a member? If so could you contact him concerning this piece?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"One man had already cleaned his fowl and was arguing with a hot dog vendor about frying it on his hot dog grill"

I laughed hard when I read that line.

Sad.

CX

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
For those wondering about Associated Content:

I've done freelance writing for them, myself, and can tell you that they do not accept joke articles. it's not The Onion.

It's possible that the story here was not well researched, but I'd not dismiss it before checking further.

AC is the content-mill side of Yahoo News.

Thank you for this info, with so many news sources out there, and so many dodgy ones, i'ts handy to have some clarification.

CX.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

To say it lightly. I haven't found any news of this except through his writings. "So Far".
edit on 1/14/11 by him777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join