It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate Universe - Claims of cancellation unfounded!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hi All,

I have been a long time fan of the Stargate franchise and when they first aired Stargate universe i was exstatic to say the least

The series started of with massive potential and a while new direction for Stargate, using existing storyline to create a brand new series and journey.

It was fantastic for those that had grown tired of SG-1 and Atlantis.

Although i have to say that half way through the first season things were starting to get repetitive to say the least, along with half way season cut's etc. It was fustrating, all the while knowing it had so much potential.

What were the writters thinking?? They had 2 whole series of content to add onto and to expand on along with whole new horizons for new exploration. Yet week after we see Eligh the token geek dressed in the same clothes, right through untill season 2?? I mean yeah fair enough they are stranded but seriously get some new clothes bro

Storylines have been flate-lining for some time now, however there is hope on the horizon. To go by the last 2-3 previous episodes things may be starting to ramp up. Although they are half way through season 2 and yet we have the same oddly times breaks

Also asd per S02E010 - Elih was still wearing is same old T-shirt and pants....hrrm fustrating, put on some military cams and step up!!

But as i said hope may be on the horizon.

Many reports have been surfacing on-line that the series has been cancelled. Now if the Sci-Fi website for SGU is anything to go by that is not from case, actually far from it.

We have regular twitter and behind the scenes updates from cast and announcments of Season 2 cont in Spring 2011 ( US )

All i have to say is, cut the storyline sick and use it for it's full potential instead of dribbling bit by bit each week.

also Elih, get some new clothes man... u must stink by now

Sci-Fi Ch Updates: www.syfy.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
While I HATED SGU at first, it started to become a show in it's own right, and oooooh how I hate syfy....

Which means to me, that while I hope you are right, I am not sure - it fared marginally better ratings wise than Caprica, and I bloody love that show.

Given SyFy's new tendency to opt for shock ratings and wank offerings - Wrestling? SCIENCE FICTION? - I detect a very subtle - as in puinch to the nose - change in the way the network operates.

So many shows are canned with no regard for potential, in view of short term ratings.

SGU I fear is another in the line of victims to fall short - and the irony is that Robert Carlyle had only just stated that he had no plans to leave the show.

But after what they did to caprica, I will not even be there fore blood and chrome, because those bastards don;t give a damn about science fiction. In fact, Science Fiction IS the fiction on SYFY.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

It has potential, alot of it!

The writers just need to be more creative and think bigger and be ellaborate. I would love to pitch idea's to them as many fans would and i wouldnt even class myself a hardcore fan lol.

I like BSG but havent watched Caprica as yet, it hasnt aired over here in Aus as yet....

But yeah there has been much speculation on SGU being cut, but according to Sci-Fy it's due to make a return.

I am still fustrated with these mid-season breaks though....

The last ep wasnt even that much of a cliff hanger...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by badw0lf

It has potential, alot of it!

The writers just need to be more creative and think bigger and be ellaborate. I would love to pitch idea's to them as many fans would and i wouldnt even class myself a hardcore fan lol.

I like BSG but havent watched Caprica as yet, it hasnt aired over here in Aus as yet....

You waiting for it to be aired! I stopped doing that when ch9 started screwing around with sci-fi years ago..

Sadly I've seen all of caprica - I wont spoil it, but the at least gave it a good ending. despite what the intent originally was...

But yeah there has been much speculation on SGU being cut, but according to Sci-Fy it's due to make a return.

I am still fustrated with these mid-season breaks though....

The last ep wasnt even that much of a cliff hanger...

I've been watching the latest ones from where you are I think, and the show really does get better. I mean, they had moments with things I raged at on related forums - haha where else to vent about stargate tho - but it really started to get umph!!

Then I saw the canned threads, and ... almost waving my hands in the air, nothing is sacred.. :/

I really hope you are right!! I actually had to double step the other day and check, as it is not certain, eztv still shows it as pending but that could be for the remaining shows.

We'll soon know. Fingers crossed! I wanna know what happens to Chloe...

edit - Oh and as for mid sesaon breaks. I am positive these tv execs do this just to kill off a show.

I mean look at V. WTF? 4 episodes to start then a break? useless... they did the same with caprica, mid first season, cut it, and what do you know, ratings were less that best... The execs are idiots.

Great stories ruined by pathetic story tellers.. :/

edit on 14/1/2011 by badw0lf because: fingers get in the way of thougts.. argh!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I really liked SGU, and I didnt like it when I heard they were goin to cancel it,its a good show,had some potential, could evolve into a better show with better plots but the syfy channel pulled the plug. AND THAT TOTALY SUCKS!

join