It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama official: MLK would love our wars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
MLK Jr was the one who taught me (through his writings) that if there is a draft forcing me to fight in some unjust irresponsible bloody war, I don't have to.

I can just go sit in jail. Where just and honest men go in a draft for a dishonest and injust war.

That's if they have the resources to go and hunt dodgers down, also.
I kinda doubt they have those kind of vast resources to enforce a draft.

But what if a pack of Nazis in jail want to rape you?

Or do I watch too much Oz?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Obama is still part of their club, anyone who is a member of the Federal Government is guilty.

He who is silent appears to consent.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Not to mention, despite all his gum-flapping, his policies have echoed Dumbya's to a tee---Extensions and expansions of the wars, keeping Guantanamo open, holding prisoners without trial, etc., etc.,...This guy has been the M.I.C.'s wet dream come true.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Obama is still part of their club, anyone who is a member of the Federal Government is guilty.

Guilty of what? Thinking that MLK would approve of the wars?

I don't think all members of government think with the same mind. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't. I will not blame one man for another man's shortcomings, even if they are both members of the government.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Indeed, it seems like every President that goes through office just becomes the tool for the bankers and corporate execs behind the scenes to manipulate. I cannot help but to paint anyone working for or with the Federal Government with the same brush. If actions speak louder than words, then their actions...and lack thereof, speak volumes.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by dalan.

Guilty of what? Thinking that MLK would approve of the wars?

I don't think all members of government think with the same mind. In fact, I'm pretty sure they don't. I will not blame one man for another man's shortcomings, even if they are both members of the government.

I am not blaming Obama for what Jey Johnson said, but this re-writing of history is disgusting. The fact that our war machine will purposefully twist any historical figure that would have, or has, stood against them is sickening. And in my eyes Obama has only helped to keep the terrorist myth alive. So honestly I don't care who said it. It doesn't matter if it was one of our Federal departments, or a member of the MSM, or the President himself. Sometimes I wonder if these people are not part of some strange hive mind. Like if you join them you are transmitted to their wavelength.

Most of my posts seem to be fueled by bitterness, and I was not trying to be rude towards you. It is disheartening to feel like you live in a world where these kinds of con men not only run rampant, but also run the show. So, if I did come across as rude, I apologize.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

that's true! not all people who disagree with each other, disagree for the same reasons, and certainly, not every person who believes, believes exactly the same. i've been saying that ever since i came to ATS. it's like pulling teeth to convince people that stereotyping huge groups of people is bad form. but i even catch myself doing it.

gotta give the guy a break. he's our president. bible says, god is in control over who ends up as leader of a nation, even if the people think it was all their idea. i will say, however, that i don't always agree with him, but i'm willing to accept our leader and support his right to be an individual.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
MLK would be proud we now let our Government kill Americans without a trial.

We let our Government torture human beings.

We have secret prisons around the world and don't report those prisoners to the Red Cross.

He'd be proud our Government has passed the "Patriot Act" and has been using National Security Letters to shut down websites critical of our Government.

Yeah MLK would be proud of what we allowed to happen.....NOT.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

mlk was the product of a different generation, for sure.
there's so much going on behind the scenes we never find out about, it'd probably read like a scifi, spy, thriller, horror, epic, drama, comedy. that about sums it up, in a nutshell. his life reads more like a heart warming novel that turned into a tragedy.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think MLK would be labelled a domestic terrorist by today's administration.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

And likely assassinated.

Oh, wait....

Here is more testimony to Jeh's assertion that MLK would be cheering on the war-mongerers and profiteers:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies
hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction....The chain reaction
of evil--hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars--must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of
annihilation".

Martin Luther King, Jr., Strength To Love, 1963.

War is the greatest plague that can affect humanity; it destroys religion, it destroys states, it destroys families. Any scourge is preferable to it.

~Martin Luther

The chain reaction of evil--wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have condemned any organizer of war, regardless of his rank or nationality.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Nothing good ever comes of violence.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wars are poor chisels for carving out peaceful tomorrows.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The bombs in Vietnam explode at home; they destroy the hopes and possibilities for a decent America.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war but the postive affirmation of peace.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the struggle...your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

We have guided missiles and misguided men.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
if he were still alive he would weep for mankind and he would pray for god to take our souls to heaven because we do not deserve what we have been given

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow way for salon to totally twist our presidents word. He did not at all say that MLK would love our wars...He just merely said that MLK would agree with America's stance on the war on terrorism. I really don't like when people take stuff out of context. T

Then again Obama totally took the part of the bible about the Jewish law out of context and used it to slander christians...so maybe this is karma?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I must respectfully disagree with this person's assertions. None of us can actually know, I suppose, but using MLK's name to try and somehow legitimize these "wars" and other such things is despicable.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
no one should love war...

kx

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yes, that's why it was the Montgomery Bus Bombings, not the Bus Boycott, which was a fabrication by liberal pacifist revisionists.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Related story, commentary, and video. Appropriate in honoring this beautiful man's legacy on MLK day...

No Room for the Pentagon’s Wars in Dr. King’s Dream

No, it’s safe to say that Dr. King would not regard any conflict that killed 10,000 people in a year as a humanitarian exercise. Nor would he “understand” how a nation in the grip of an economic meltdown like this one could again throw lives and resources away for almost a decade. It’s safe to say that he would move beyond the “prophesying of smooth patriotism” and stand up to end this war that’s not making us safer and that’s not worth the cost.

As Dr. King was fond of reminding us, “Truth crushed to earth shall rise again.”

Full Article:

blogs.alternet.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Jesus ive heard it al now. now i know our leaders are insane..I grew up ith e late 70's early 80's..but being taught about MLK through school,...he was like the afrrican ameican version of JFK...wnated peace, took care of people, knew right from wrong. to hear someone say he would have loved our wars* i mean cmon, thats crazy insane thinking...they must be doing alot of ragan aproved coke in the white house or something, DEA drop offs at the porch of the white house....gets you all paranoid n crazy thinking.
matin leuther was a great man who wanted peace..he would never have suported war. it hink he would have supported to capture of lets say BIn laden* but as far as killing him i dont hink martil king woulda done that, nor would he have approved of massive bombings of civilain citys overseas...
i think the obama official needs to go right back to elementrary school, give a public appology for htis remark, be denounced, lay off the coke n booze, and leave his position in office, in disgrace if applicable*
what an mindless uneducated and idiotic, ont he racist side of thingst o say..martin leuther king woulda supported war.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
personally, it sounds like a defamtion remark towards MLK. remember, it was in the 60's and 70's white policemen used firehoses on black people in many citys over racial rioting. that was semi approved, under lyndon b johnson, an nixon well they seemed to support it* so im trying to guess..what is one of our congressional leaders getting at here? i think he should go on national tv and appologize for the remark

top topics

<< 1   >>

join