It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't we ourself extra-terrestrials?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Ever since we started ascending into the air with hot air balloons, to the gliders, to the planes and finally the rocket, we have set off land and went towards the heavens, doesn't that count as being an Extra-terrestrial?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I belive that the term means loosely without origins on earth, or not of this planet. not the fact that it is in the air.

2nd line
edit on 14-1-2011 by LunchBocks because: spelling and grammar

link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
Ever since we started ascending into the air with hot air balloons, to the gliders, to the planes and finally the rocket, we have set off land and went owards the heavens, doesn't that count as being an Extra-terrestrial?

No, we are terrestrial in origin.

The Extra implies Not of this earth. Not, in the air.

--

Snap, lol Lunchbox, beat me to it

(oh and Lunch, you don't need to put 'second line' disclaimers if your post is on topic and contributes to the thread... wish people would get that.. )

edit on 14/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

link   
To anything/anyone living on the Moon, yes, we are extraterrestrials.

If you like the theory of panspermia, then we are also extraterrestrials.

If you like the Sumerian & Aztec texts of Space People granting us our intelligence due to splicing their DNA into the primitive hominids living here, then you can say our sentience is extraterrestrial & so is part of our genetic sequence.

edit on 14-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
If you like the theory of panspermia, then we are also extraterrestrials.

If you like the Sumerian & Aztec texts of Space People granting us our intelligence due to splicing their DNA into the primitive hominids living here, then you can say our sentience is extraterrestrial & so is part of our genetic sequence.

edit on 14-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

I think a part of us is probably extraterrestrial, even if only a bit. The theory of 'junk' DNA in the X-Files being extraterrestrial and some people having parts activated is also something that I don't actually believe, but think is a great bit of fiction, and possibly a good theory. Or even related to some corresponding idea in genetics that could have truth in it.

Added a star on your post too, but mainly because Alucard is the master.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I am open to some theories that suggest there has been extra terrestrial interference with the development of Earth over its long history. It works with blaming God as some religions profess and also explains the missing links that Darwin failed to get around to.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think the term "terrestrial" should imply physical birth on a planet, or as in the bible, "firmament". The reason to distinguish between terrestrial and extra terrestrial is that the "spirit" is not born on a planet, and is not associated with any firmament. A spirit is the only thing I consider "Extra Terrestrial".

If a flesh and blood body is born on another planet then I would consider it "Other Terrestrial". See my logic?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
Ever since we started ascending into the air with hot air balloons, to the gliders, to the planes and finally the rocket, we have set off land and went towards the heavens, doesn't that count as being an Extra-terrestrial?

No, it does not. Once whole generations of us are born in space or on other space objects (planets, moons etc.) we will be truly ETs, born away from Earth.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Terrestrial comes from the Latin 'Terra' which means 'Earth' or 'Land' therefore any being from another planet would not be 'Terrestrial' to their planet as it doesn't have the same meaning as 'native'. For example if Martians existed, we would probably be Extra-Martian to them (if they used the same language sytems as us)

Anything Extra-Terrestrial is something NOT from Earth.

edit on 14-1-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We would certainly be called aliens if we landed on the moon or other planets. When we make those steps we are aliens to other worlds.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Greensboro1978 because: add text

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Okay, how about this. Since I doubt anyone is literally born in the vacuum of space, except maybe the "Luminosities" (White Light Orbs, Foo Fighters, Angels), how about "Alien-Terrestrials"?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
"Extra-Terrestrial" is a point of reference. In your OP, you took the phrase too literally.

Although, if microbial life was brought to earth via asteroid or alien interference, then yes, technically we are extra terrestrials.
edit on 14-1-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

No....but technically we are ET, as it is VERY likely that the building blocks of life arrived via comets and a select few asteroids, and as matter cannot be created or destroyed, we may still carry matter inside of us that has existed, though has been recycled many times, since the formation of life on Earth.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensboro1978

The question is, are we the only beings who can be called extra-terrestrials?

top topics

join