It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Glocks for all!Only 4000$ each!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Math checked here, previously in the thread.

Close on your back-of-the-envelope calculation though.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
my glock 21 SF (.45 Auto) was $550 with night sights. wow what a ripe off! $4,000!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I woulder how much the bullets cost?
$100 each?
"plutonium tipped bullets" well they can not use lead.
it is poisnos. you could harm some one

some one should stop them steeling from the american people.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

dont forget the gun is gold plated

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
here is quote from the article I cannot believe how cheeky there being "Glock is proud to have been competitively selected by the ATF for this contract," company Vice President Josh Dorsey said in a statement. I wonder what was competitive about there offer

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
$4000 for a Glock. Even $500 is to much for a plastic gun.

I will stick with my 1911.45. at least if i run out of ammo i can still use it as a club.
Try that with a Glock.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I agree I love my SIG 229r would not trade it for the world, and there is no more accurate gun than a SIG! Mine only cost $890. with night sights, sig rail light, locking holster, extra mag, and mag paddle clip. All in blue hard case for $890. I am told Glock is a good gun, I personally don't like them, and I know they are definitely not worth even $500.

Yes! The Sig 229 R is worth it's weight in gold when your ass is on the line. No finer handgun has ever been made; I've shot more than 30,000 rounds and NEVER had a misfeed or issue in mine.

I just wish the hell I was half as good as my Sig.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You are getting it wrong. The ATF did not pay $40 million. They awarded Glock a fixed Indefinate Delivery, Indefinate Quantity contract with a span of 10 years. This means that Glock will provide the ATF with as many Glock-22 Gen 4's, Glock 27's and replacement parts and they want for a period of 10 years, as long as the total sales price does not exceed $40 million.

The Glock-22 Gen4 retails for about $500.
The Glock-27 retails for about $450.
That is about $950 per agent.

With 2500 agents, that is a grand total of $2,375,000 in the first year of the contract, which is how much they are actually spending.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
You are getting it wrong. The ATF did not pay $40 million. They awarded Glock a fixed Indefinate Delivery, Indefinate Quantity contract with a span of 10 years. This means that Glock will provide the ATF with as many Glock-22 Gen 4's, Glock 27's and replacement parts and they want for a period of 10 years, as long as the total sales price does not exceed $40 million.

With 2500 agents, that is a grand total of $2,375,000 in the first year of the contract, which is how much they are actually spending.

Correct!

Unfortunately no one will read this or the other break downs, and the cycle of ignorance will continue

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex

Originally posted by allenidaho

Correct!

Unfortunately no one will read this or the other break downs, and the cycle of ignorance will continue

2,375,000 is a drop in the bucket out of 40 million. What do they get, a new gun every six months for ten years?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join