It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Glocks for all!Only 4000$ each!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Heres a really tooth grinding piece of news.The BATF is ordering Glock 40s for its agents....
Two weapons each it seems. for every agent.....
Youll be really amazed at the bargain prices!4000$ per gun!
Funny thing, the local gun shop retails these same guns for about 500$ each....
Good job of adding there boys, seems somebody must be getting a healthy commish somewhere.....

oops heres the link......
www.miamiherald.com...
edit on 13-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Heres a really tooth grinding piece of news.The BATF is ordering Glock 40s for its agents....
Two weapons each it seems. for every agent.....
Youll be really amazed at the bargain prices!4000$ per gun!
Funny thing, the local gun shop retails these same guns for about 500$ each....
Good job of adding there boys, seems somebody must be getting a healthy commish somewhere....

You could of very well found out a scam for private contractors or something the person who is supplying probably shares the same freemason lodge as the guy giving out the contract. This is crazy now there just flaunting it in are face's

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Wait a minute. Four grand for a frakking Glock???

Dear God in Heaven. I've got a Sig Sauer .40, loaded with tac light, laser, and tritium iron sights, for less that two thousand. And unlike Glocks, they are guaranteed not to blow up in your hands, and they put the lead on target everytime.

Are you serious?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Source?Pictures?text?toughts?
that would be nice,thank you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
link posted above, sorry for delay in posting it....its all true though 4000 grand a pop!

www.miamiherald.com...
The fix has to be in for this kind of business to be conducted with a goverment that is near bankrupt.
This is nearly on par with the 2ooo$ toilet seats etc.....
its no wonder we cannot trust our gov boys to even make a decent deal on a few guns.
When the industries own the goverment, and such favouritism abounds how can the goverment exopect to keep the people from going off the deep end?
Not only are these inferior products, but their main claim to fame is they have the same trigger action as a revolver, thus saving crossover training in pistol safety.
edit on 13-1-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Sounds like money laundering....but I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation.

edit on 1/13/2011 by JohnnyR because: spelling

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Sorry, getting a bit confused on the pricing here ($400, $4,000?), so I broke it down here:

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives recently signed a 10-year, $40 million deal to make two Glock .40-caliber pistols standard issue for the department's 2,500 sworn ATF agents. Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

SO that's $40,000,000(over 10 years) for 2 Glocks per 2,500 ATF agents. So that's 5,000 Glocks they're wanting.
$40,000,000/5,000 = $8000 per Glock, or $800 per Glock per year.

Seems like a really bad business decision, imo

EDIT:

Originally posted by JohnnyR

Sounds like money laundering....but I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation.

No kidding, it does sound like money laundering. ATF: Alcohol, Firearms and Tobacco; our Nation's gifts to the world...
edit on 13-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They must be getting plutonium tipped bullets.. or we're getting efd. either way I feel pretty disgusting.

link   
I wonder if these guns are smart chipped so only the owner can use it? That still wouldn't explain 4,000 a gun. Maybe the contract includes the ammunition for 10 years? Maybe.

link   
We all have a right to our opinions, and that's great. This is more of a question but, what on earth would cause a person to buy a Glock or any other 9mm? What's the deal with 9's. A aprox .38 projectile with 1/3rd the powder. You can have what ever you like, but for me I'll stick with my .44, .45, .38's.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
first hit on google.
500+ per gun to you and me.
i'd expect a quantity discount if anything.
i wonder what the differences if any there are.

glocks

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by igigi

Sorry, getting a bit confused on the pricing here ($400, $4,000?), so I broke it down here:

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives recently signed a 10-year, $40 million deal to make two Glock .40-caliber pistols standard issue for the department's 2,500 sworn ATF agents. Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

SO that's $40,000,000(over 10 years) for 2 Glocks per 2,500 ATF agents. So that's 5,000 Glocks they're wanting.
$40,000,000/5,000 = $8000 per Glock, or $800 per Glock per year.

Seems like a really bad business decision, imo

Since it's over ten years, I wonder if that's what they expect the price to increase over that period of time.
Or the value of the dollar to decrease in that time frame.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

oh,ok thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'll stick with my Springfield XD.

That being said, I don't see how any of this news surprises anyone considering it has come to be well known that the government pays well in excess of MSRP. Why not? It's YOUR money!!!

I'd have no problems paying $800 for a Glock if I was doing so with YOUR money.

Considering the growing anger in this country, they'd be better off spending that money on body armor than on handguns.

edit on 13-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Borrowing a line from Independance Day, you don't think they spend 10,000 on a coffee pot or 2000 on a toilet seat or 5000 on a glock...

Black project money.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Who would a person talk to about getting this kind of thing investigated? Would writing a letter to a state representative be the best course of action?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
For that kind of money they should make it out of gold... Could think of many better ways the money could be used.. And people tell me theres no corruption in america.. Lmfao this is a prime example..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What a waste.

They're just going to end up on the streets anyway. The only group with a less responsible track record with guns than cops is Feds.

They'll "lose" half of them by the end of the year. $20 says a Mexican drug runner will kill a border agent with one in the next 2 years.

Already happened with an ATF smuggled AR.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I agree I love my SIG 229r would not trade it for the world, and there is no more accurate gun than a SIG! Mine only cost $890. with night sights, sig rail light, locking holster, extra mag, and mag paddle clip. All in blue hard case for $890. I am told Glock is a good gun, I personally don't like them, and I know they are definitely not worth even $500.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Firstly these are 40 caliber glocks(still a short casing but a but more punch than a 9mm.
Though the caliber should make no price difference over this quantity.
Lets see 40.000,000 Over from how i see it 10,000 glocks equals 4000 per gun in my figures, as they are providing two each and two more later.....
The Glock factory could afford to ammo up and throw in an extra mag or two and still come out at 5 times retail
price.
Even includuing ten yrs servicing and caring for these guns,i see exorbitant profits being made here...somebody puleese check my math......
Anyways the Glock guys cut this deaal, its far too sweet for a public bid contract. isnt it?
Surely there were other bids?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join