It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to stock up on ammo, and other firearm related Items?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
We all remember the first 18+ months after Obama took office. Ammo of any type(with exception to shotgun shells and 22 cal) were scarce or nowhere to be found. Everyone thought Obama was going to take away our right to bear arms or put a huge dent in it. With the recent turn of unfortunate events, should we be stocking up? I don't just mean ammo. I mean ammo, high cap mags, powder, reloading supplies/equipment and basically all things the avid sportsman or casual plinker take for granted right now.

It is terribly saddening when someone who is obviously mentally unstable goes on a shooting rampage. However, this is not an everyday event here in America.

I'm proud to say I have several legal firearms, of all varieties. Assault rifles, pistols, shotguns, and a few rim fire rifles for squirrel hunting. I'm proud to be an American who has the RIGHT to legally own these firearms. I do not want to have to drive all over tar-nation looking for a single box of ammo so I can have some weekend fun at the range.

I do support tougher penalties for individuals who illegally obtain firearms, or illegally use them.

To all of you Americans that think we do not deserve this freedom, be glad we have it! Other wise you may not be here to complain about it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
yes you better stock up and be prepared

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have the Springfield M1A squad scout. It's a beastly .308. It sits in a Troy carriage right now but that will change. Here is the current beauty from the California company, Short Stock Rifle Systems, Bull Dog 762

If you don't reload, it's time to start. I have the RCBS Pro, but I would consider a Dillon Press as well. Get your primers (CCI), powder (Hogdons Varget), bullets (SPEER and SIERRA), Brass(Winchester) and away you go.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ammo will always be worth stocking up on, however it is easier to purchase a reloading press and the dies for your calibers. Realoading is basically easy. intimidating at first, but easy after a little practice. This way you can ,ake what you need for alot less.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I have the Springfield M1A squad scout. It's a beastly .308. It sits in a Troy carriage right now but that will change. Here is the current beauty from the California company, Short Stock Rifle Systems, Bull Dog 762

If you don't reload, it's time to start. I have the RCBS Pro, but I would consider a Dillon Press as well. Get your primers (CCI), powder (Hogdons Varget), bullets (SPEER and SIERRA), Brass(Winchester) and away you go.

That woman's face looks digitally edited...badly at that.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Safe to say most are not looking at her face.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I think you do need to buy as much ammo as you can afford. Maybe more than you can afford. Thousands of boxes for every gun you own. You probably should buy more guns too. Lots of guns. And thousands of boxes of ammo for each gun you buy. Big clips too. I think you need to buy all of this. I think that if you don't, you'll really regret it.

You should log off and go buy them right now.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I used to be big on reloading just about everything and it is the only viable option for "exotic" munitions. You don't need a million rounds of ammo if you don't have the skills to survive a fire fight - and the more encounters you survive will net a greater variety of weapons & ammunition - and the barter value of the weapons/ammo increases over time as well - so captured weapons are better than money in the bank.

However, in today's retailatory legislation frenzy, it would be highly advisable to stock up on high capacity magazines for your weapons, the more the better up to a practical limit of how much you can realistically carry or readily deploy.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you haven't stocked up yet your LATE... Get busy.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I would say probably not. At the very least, I wouldn't start panic-buying. Although a few gun control bills have been introduced into Congress, the House GOP leadership doesn't seem at all interested, and for that matter, neither are many rural district Dems. Boehner and Cantor flatly rejected Peter King's bill yesterday, which is notable because King is also a Republican. If the majority party leadership won't support these bills, they will never get out of the committees for a chance at a floor vote. In other words, the odds of a gun control bill passing appear to be minimal.
edit on 13-1-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Already stocked up. Bring it on. There are worse things than death. Bring it on.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How long is ammo good? How much do you have left? Ammo expires, so you can stock up only so much into the future.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If you don't have a constantly rotating bulk supply (at least a thousand per caliber firearm you own) chances are you aren't shooting enough. One day courses will blow through 500+ rounds. An afternoon punching holes in paper will easilly drain as much. One IDPA match will go 250 or more. That could be 1250 rounds in a weekend between practice and one event.

Take out those safe queens and get them dirty. Shoot in the heat, the rain, the snow, enter every local event you can find even if you suck, heck especially if you suck, and shoot shoot shoot.

If you take the hobby/skill/right/duty seriously "stocking up" won't be an issue.

Think of it like living paycheck to paycheck. If you're worried that next utility bill is going to kill you you aren't living within your means. If you're worried about stocking up on anything at all you aren't stocking enough. Whatever it is.

I buy ammo like stock. For each caliber and grade I have a bottom and a high margin. When you see a price near that bottom you buy. Doesnt matter if its Tula or Wolf or Lake City or even if you need it or not. It's not like it goes bad. Occasionally I've been able to sell some at profit when supply or demand make it worthwhile locally.

So if you're speculating on future scarcity and you're genuinely concerned about buy more when you can so next time events have you speculating you won't be worried.

And shoot more. Everyone.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

As long as it's kept dry it's good for decades.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

good advice...sounds like you've been around the block a few times

Thank you

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Simply keeping it dry will keep ammo viable for decades as was earlier spoken.

On my custom reloads for long-term storage, I also use a sealer around the primer and junction where the bullet seats into the case.

Keep fingers off, seal in waterproof container, and it'll be good for literally decades and decades.

No expiration date.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My ...............provides. He has an ammo room. I just get the supplies.

Wait, I know nothing. NOTHING.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies....even the obviously sarcastic post made me laugh!
You never know what the future holds...even with our so called law makers. Some stupid gun law could get rammed through without us knowing it.

Question::::: Why don't I remember this much political attention from the Columbine massacre?
Was I drunk that week? This seems so much more "out there".

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yes stock up because ammo prises may sky rocket! What could is a gun without ammo? That's the thing it is NO good.. Also if you can get a few high capacity magazines before the ban goes into place would be a great idea.. They would LOVE to disarm the citizens. Just make sure all your stuff is not all in one place incase the house gets broken into you do not want someone to be able to just steal your whole stash in one sweep. It is also a good idea to have a rifle, and pistol burried somewhere incase of emergencies..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yes because more guns and more ammo is just what this country needs

I guess that more insane people need to be armed. Because an armed insane populace is a polite insane populace.

Quick! A "Crazed lone gunmen with absolutely no political agenda ([size=-4]except we will paint him as a left leaning pot smoking liberal to distract away from the things we have been threatening to do for the last two years)" has struck! WE NEED MORE GUNZ! Da gubermint iz gunna take yer gunz away Jethro! Better stockpile more gunz whilst we can!

edit on 1/13/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join