It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dwarfs Bad For Finding Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I was reading an article on how Red Dwarf stars have intense solar flares and how it could destroy life on orbiting planets.

It seems a little strange that they are reporting this, as we have yet to find alien life, especially life on a planet orbiting a red dwarf.

Is there something more to their 'hypothetical talk'?

Anyway here's the link if you fancy a read yourself.

Solar Flares On Dwarf Stars

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

Hmm.. is sketchy to say the least and kind of redundant. Throwing out a possibility here but with the sunspots and solar flares of our own sun becoming more and more, perhaps they're trying to make it seem as though it's 'normal' to a dwarf even though it doesn't change the fact, therefore keep the lid upon the public some more.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
reply to post by splittheatom

Hmm.. is sketchy to say the least and kind of redundant. Throwing out a possibility here but with the sunspots and solar flares of our own sun becoming more and more, perhaps they're trying to make it seem as though it's 'normal' to a dwarf even though it doesn't change the fact, therefore keep the lid upon the public some more.

I thought of it as maybe they have found something they like around a red dwarf...but want to keep it to themselves. So by stating that red dwarfs seem hopeless for life, it may throw other space agencies/observers off.

Very elaborate I know, but could well be a possibility.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Right now everything like that should be suspect. There are far too many strange things going on in the world to not consider every announcement as a potential 'feeler' to gauge how people will react.

new topics

top topics

join