It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift leads to shift in consciousness? Prove it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Most of the ancient cultures seem to have the idea of cyclical ages, gold,silver,bronze, Iron - being a 'scientist' you can no doubt decide to ignore this because you can't measure it with a ruler. As a truth seeker I can decide that since this is inependently corroborated from multiple sources - it might very well be true.
As a spiritual being I can have access to direct perceptions of inner knowledge -sorry if that sounds too fancy for you, but then I don't expect you to understand.

What do you mean they have the idea of cyclical ages? I'm sorry I don't follow what you said I just need you to clarify that for me.

Direct perceptions of inner knowledge? So, is that like you're saying that you can know what goes on inside your mind?

You can't measure history with a ruler?
edit on 1/14/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

reply to post by PhantomLimb

There are many expecting an ascension/shift event of some sort - they may both have a common cause - but one does not cause the other!

How do you know if one does not cause the other? You think a pole shift can happen in an instant, but you don't think this would affect our consciousness. Tell me how it wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

There are many expecting an ascension/shift event of some sort - they may both have a common cause - but one does not cause the other!

How do you know if one does not cause the other? You think a pole shift can happen in an instant, but you don't think this would affect our consciousness. Tell me how it wouldn't.

I am saying that for instance, if the lower astral were to condense directly into the physical - reulting in a large increase of mass to the earth - and attending earth changes, redistibution of mass and a shifting of the poles.

Then this will also cause us to in effect ascend, as the various astral worlds all shift down a notch - it will perhaps be like astral travelling whilst fully concious in a physical body!

As for a ploe shift happening in a instant - no! - it doesnt mean the laws of Physics have changed, but I could easily envisage this happening over the course of a few days - Polar wander is a recognised occurence and of course there is going to be huge inundations of the sea everywhere as it sloshes around - in fact the regular occurence of these events is also an alternative theory to that of ice ages.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I am saying that for instance, if the lower astral were to condense directly into the physical - reulting in a large increase of mass to the earth - and attending earth changes, redistibution of mass and a shifting of the poles.

Then this will also cause us to in effect ascend, as the various astral worlds all shift down a notch - it will perhaps be like astral travelling whilst fully concious in a physical body!

As for a ploe shift happening in a instant - no! - it doesnt mean the laws of Physics have changed, but I could easily envisage this happening over the course of a few days - Polar wander is a recognised occurence and of course there is going to be huge inundations of the sea everywhere as it sloshes around - in fact the regular occurence of these events is also an alternative theory to that of ice ages.

I hope not. The lower astral seems to be a bad thing:

The Lower Astral Plane - What is it? Quality?

Building the Armor of Light

"The Lower Astral is a realm of great fear, of great torment and great evil. The myths of underworlds and hells, the tales of dark sorcerers, witches and magicians from many cultures point out the horrors and perils of this realm. Yet it is incumbent upon the spiritual seeker to summon his or her strength and courage, to face this darkness of fear and to overcome it…"

I'll just assume you don't know what you're talking about and that you actually don't want great torment and great evil to sweep the Earth.

And on the archaeology bit, it recognizes the different ages, i.e. the Iron Age was when most tools were made of iron so on and so forth. Stop wasting my time.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think much of what is believed now days (if I were to base it on the debaters on this forum) is a tad different than even a few years back. I think what most people are thinking of is punctuated evolution. To be honest, I was unaware there was such emphasis placed on the poles shifting.

There is another school of punctuated evolution thought that I'd be more inclined to subscribe to. It is based on the ionosphere raising frequency which would activate all the "junk" DNA that we currently don't know the functions of. This is based on studies on individuals renowned for their psychic prowess. Those people exhibited a higher frequency (17 something-or-other) in the immediate ionosphere physically surrounding them. The entire hypothesis is based in correlation. I guess when you get into this field of speculation, all you can have is correlation.

I don't have any links and I could be waaay off as it's all based on books I read ages ago when I was an existential/stoner/intellectual/teenager so I don't remember everything but you get the gist. It's quite a bit different than the pole shift ideas. Does anybody else still believe what I just described? I've been out of the loop for a while but I can't find much involving that version of punctuated evolution.

As for proof? There is none. That's why you gotta be skeptical about everything. I think when people get hostile towards skeptics, they do so because they confuse "skeptical" with "anti-belief". Attempting to disprove something is often the most effective way of proving something. People don't give skeptics enough credit.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So, I read so much of the pole shift = consciousness shift that I've become completely baffled at the gullibility of people. It seems that anyone can be led to believe anything without the use of logic, reasoning, or rationality. All it takes is a few soft-spoken individuals in a viral video bemoaning today's world and telling of the wonders of 2012 and people are hooked, line and sinker.

I think you make a valid point about gullibility.

Whether the shift will happen or not lies outside my knowledge or understanding, but I can see that people seem very willing to sacrifice their discernment and critical faculties for the sake of feeling an elated sense of brotherhood with their soon-to-be-ascending fellow man. People are eager to join the club.

It reminds me of the approach to the year 2000, when there was a frenzied crescendo of dire predictions this calendar event would cast upon humanity.

Personally, I believe that there is an increasing level of awareness and openness to metaphysical realities beyond the domain of traditional religions. However, this does not necessarily equate to an increase in clarity of thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Most of the ancient cultures seem to have the idea of cyclical ages, gold,silver,bronze, Iron - being a 'scientist' you can no doubt decide to ignore this because you can't measure it with a ruler. As a truth seeker I can decide that since this is inependently corroborated from multiple sources - it might very well be true.
As a spiritual being I can have access to direct perceptions of inner knowledge -sorry if that sounds too fancy for you, but then I don't expect you to understand.

What do you mean they have the idea of cyclical ages? I'm sorry I don't follow what you said I just need you to clarify that for me.

Direct perceptions of inner knowledge? So, is that like you're saying that you can know what goes on inside your mind?

You can't measure history with a ruler?

I'm sorry - I had assumed that these references would be understood as common knowledge - obviously not!

As for the lower astral condensing directly into the physical, that is a speculation that would account for the 'cleansing' of the astral miasma that creates so much of our problems today - ie all the extreme negative forms simply get turned into physical elements and recycled - not that they are prowling about on the earth - although there may well be some extremely wierd things happening if this indeed happens.

Satya Yuga lasts 1,728,000 human years. Virtue is 100 % in human society, which is turned towards spirituality. Everyone knows happiness. It is the Golden Age as qualified by Plato. Treta Yuga lasts 1,296,000 human years. Virtue is now only 75 % in society compared to Satya Yuga. It has started to diminish. Mistakes and trials now appear. It is the Silver Age as qualified by Plato. Dwapara Yuga lasts 864,000 human years. Virtue is now only 50 % in society. It is counterbalanced by its opposite. It is the Bronze Age as qualified by Plato. Kali Yuga lasts 432,000 human years and virtue is now only 25 % in society. It is seriously in danger. Most men are materialistic and spiritually ignorant. It is the age of suffering. It is the Iron Age as qualified by Plato.
www.hansraj-maharajji.org...

Plato's metaphysics is divided into four levels of reality and four epistemological ways of apprehending the Forms. The four levels of reality are: images, sensible objects, lower forms, higher forms. The four epistemological ways of apprehending are imagination, perception, reasoning and understanding. Those on one level of reality or awareness cannot recognize what is being said by those on a higher level. The lowest level of awareness is illusion. Illusion is the practice of holding opinions based solely on appearances, unanalyzed impressions, uncritically inherited beliefs, and unevaluated emotions. The next level is informed awareness, which attempts to distinguish appearance from reality in an "everyday", common-sense way. Informed awareness is based on observations and perceptions of physical objects, not just images(photos) or representations of them. These lower two levels of awareness are part of the "becoming" layer of awareness and use the "becoming" layer of physical reality. The next level of awareness moves out of the realm of becoming and into the realm of being. This is the first stage of knowledge acquired through deductive reasoning. The final and highest level of reality move beyond deductive reasoning. At this level, the soul has no need for perception or interpretation. Higher forms are directly understood, apprehended, glimpsed. (prehended in Whitehead terms?). A further concept in Plato's metaphysics is that of The Good (Plato's God). The Good is the highest form possible. It makes the existence of everything else possible. The Good cannot be observed with the 5 senses and can be known only by pure thought and intelligence. Plato's political society is his Aristocracy of Wisdom. This concept is built on Plato's conviction that enlightenment is real and more than mere intellectual ability. Enlightenment is always accompanied by a desire to help others escape the bonds of illusion and ignorance. A reciprocal relationship exists between the individual and the kind of society lived in.

jmerritt.net...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It's not the pole shift that leads to a shift in consciousness, it's the planet's position relative to the galactic center which has massive ripples of energy coming out from it. Every planet in our solar system is going through major changes right now

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join