It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More extreme weather to hit Australia's east coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A long range weather forecaster warns there'll be more extreme weather events over the coming months.

Hayden Walker monitors sunspots and solar flares to forecast the weather.

He expects to see more damaging rainfall across the Eastern seaboard, and thinks five cyclones could develop off the coast of Queensland by the end of March.

"About up to five cyclones. I'm predicting, I think there's one in January, I think there's a couple in February and two in March.

"You know, we haven't seen anything yet, especially if these cyclones get moving and just the ferocity of the rainfall, it's going to be quite intense and I wouldn't be surprised if these cyclones aren't quite savage as well."

globaldisasterwatch.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Very sad indeed, my heart goes out to all those in the floods path... My only advice is get a dingy and get out of there..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Damn. That's about the last thing our Aussie friends need. For what it's worth, I'm keeping them in my prayers and hope everyone else does too. The story of that 13 year old kid and his selflessness still tears me up inside.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Yes It is terrible to see all this flooding in Australia. I hope they do not get any cyclones any time soon. The news was showing today Brazil is now having severe flooding as well.

new topics

top topics

join