It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 13th Zodiac: Ophiuchus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Whew!

I just found out, the new chart only applies to people born AFTER 2009.

Relax!

This is not true at all. The Sun has been passing in front of Ophiuchus for a long long time.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
What...? So we have 13 months now or what? Who is Ophiuchus? What!?
edit on 13/1/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

Actually yes. If you follow a lunar calendar there are 13 months with 28 days. All 13 months are equal.

Check this out www.13moon.com...

And Ophiuchus is not new, its always been there.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by Kyladevin

So now I'm a Taurus??? So much for my ATS ID!

I'm sticking with Gemini. It describes me perfectly. I haven't changed any.

Gemini is natural to you because its been of you in your past. Taurus will offer you more of a purpose for this life, things you are in need of working on or traits that will help you fulfill your deep interests and desires in this life. It will offer you a more in depth look at yourself and things you can work with.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
Let's face it... who cares? This zodic from astrology is just a big BS far away from what the real physical constellations Earth can direct face.

From Earths perspective...the Sun seemingly moves through 13 signs and the planets and moon move through more then 13. As you face the Sun...there is a constellation in the background to that Sun. I dont see what you are saying. You can face all of these signs, directly.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So i'm no longer considered a Libra, which I totally relate to! but am now considered a Virgo which just doesn't sound right to me.

I really want to see my birth chart what changes are made to it now with this in mind, but there seems to be nowhere that takes any note of this change! .... frustrating!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Western astrology has been jacked up now for about 2000 years thanks to Ptolemy.

India was the only ones to continually update their system.

In the West, everyone has been off one sign for quite some time now.

I've heard this before - but what I don't understand is, if I was a cancer which describes me to a T... has now changed to gemini, which I can't barely find one trait that can describe my personalty accurately according to the descriptions. Even in eastern astrology I'm a gemini, but that is so far off base it isn't even funny. I guess I don't really have a point except that the descriptors seem flawed under the thirteen and eastern systems anyhow...

Do not listen to the sites that try to tell you what Gemini means for you. Search within what '2 in 1' means for you. It wont be natural to you...but offers you things to work on in this life, something to become aware of within you or something to grow in. This is why I dont give readings...for it is a alone path of seeking what it means for you on a personal level.

I will share with you what I find Gemini to mean to me....

Respect and awareness that as I seem only as '1'....there is 2 tangled into 1...spirit and body merging.

Cancer is natural to you because its a part sign of you...literally. Your true sign is just as valid but true signs really are not as important till we mature in life, and can be honest about things we need to work on or things our intuition tells us we need to be more aware of.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

So i'm no longer considered a Libra, which I totally relate to! but am now considered a Virgo which just doesn't sound right to me.

I really want to see my birth chart what changes are made to it now with this in mind, but there seems to be nowhere that takes any note of this change! .... frustrating!

I can offer you the positions of all the spheres on your birth day....but cant offer you a chart/wheel yet, its still a work in progress.

Libra is your natural nature...Virgo offers you something to become aware of in this life, something to work on.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by hhcore

Yes I think someone mentioned that its only for the new born after 2009 so you are cool.

OP I did like how you linked the Zodiak 2012 to Lord ENKI....

Peace

edit on 1/13/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: mispelling correction

Again, this is not true....its been valid for at least the last 3000 years.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Wow, this is really going to suck for those people out there who have gotten their zodiac sign tattooed on them, now it might not be right!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeonardoDaVinci
Can anyone provide a valid link showing when this change has applied? (What year do you have to be born for this "change in signs" to effect you?)

I have a thread that covers this in depth and offers many images for people as well as astronomy sites to look up.

Example...astrology will tell you that Saturn is in Libra right now....

Go to heavensabove.com and scroll down to the astronomy section...and take a look where Saturn is (click on planet data and this will show you where all the planets are at right now).

Its in Virgo. If you were to step out and look in the night sky at virgo, there you will find Saturn.

Here is my thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It offers true positions to anyone for their birthdate...using astronomy. I not only use 13 sun signs...but include other outside signs for planets and moon.

Example...I found out through astronomy that Venus was really in Sextans at my birth...astrology would never tell me of this.

When man fixed the wheel 2000 years ago for convenience reasons....many blunders were made. I have spent the last 2 years bringing this to light after much study. Ive dedicated alot of personal time to help others find out their true positions.

But dont shrug off your old positions. Your old positions will be more of a natural nature to you and your 'new found sign' is going to offer you things to work on, a deeper path in life, with maturity when ready for it. It may even bring you catalysts to help you grow.

edit on 13-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Wow, this is really going to suck for those people out there who have gotten their zodiac sign tattooed on them, now it might not be right!

Again...dont shrug off your old sign...embrace both signs.

Your 'past' sign is going to be more of your natural nature. Your new 'real' sign is going to be something that offers you inner growth, things to face and deal with in this life.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Well, I was on the cusp initially of Aries/Taurus, and am now "officially" an Aries, but indeed still have stubborn Taurus tendencies
..."embrace both signs" great philosophy, thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This is interesting. I read something about this a number of months ago from a different angle, didn't dig deeper into it until the OP caught my attention. Just doing some light wiki research on it, here is what it says about the mythology:

There exist a number of theories as to whom the figure represents. The most recent interpretation is that the figure represents the healer Asclepius, who learned the secrets of keeping death at bay after observing one serpent bringing another healing herbs. To prevent the entire human race from becoming immortal under Asclepius' care, Zeus killed him with a bolt of lightning, but later placed his image in the heavens to honor his good works. It has also been noted that the constellation Ophiuchus is close to that of Sagittarius, which has at times been believed to represent Chiron (the mentor of Asclepius and many other Greek demigods), though Chiron was originally associated with the constellation Centaurus. Another possibility is that the figure represents the Trojan priest Laocoön, who was killed by a pair of sea serpents sent by the gods after he warned the Trojans not to accept the Trojan Horse. This event was also memorialized by the sculptors Agesander, Athenodoros, and Polydorus in the famous marble sculpture Laocoön and his Sons, which stands in the Vatican Museums. A third possibility is Apollo wrestling with the Python to take control of the oracle at Delphi. A fourth is the story of Phorbas, a Thessalonian who rescued the people of the island of Rhodes from a plague of serpents and was granted a place in the sky in honor of this deed. According to Gavin White, Ophiuchus may represent the Babylonian constellation known as the Sitting Gods (Mul.Dingir.Tush.A.Mesh), which he proposes was originally a human figure whose legs have been replaced by the tail of a huge serpent.[8]

and a yahoo answers list of traits for Ophiuchus edited down to the salient ones to hone my point

Ophiuchus is also known as Serpentarius. It is the sign of the Goddess and usually represented by a woman (but sometimes a priest) holding two snakes. Even though most signs don't have much in common with the ones next to them, Ophiuchus is supposed to be a combination of Sagittarius and Scorpio. Ophiuchus is supposed to have the following traits: Extremely curious, Sexually magnetic, Extremely jealous, Passionate, Irresponsible, Explosive temper, Rebellious, Secretive, Egotistical, Noncommital, Has a thirst for knowledge

and another astrologer's elaboration: "It is blend of Scorpio and Sagittarius (Knowledge (sagi) of hidden forces (sco)). "

here are some more salient traits

LIST OF KEY WORDS DESCRIBING THE SIGN OF OPHIUCHUS * interpreter of dreams, vivid premonitions, * serpent holder, lofty ideals, * adds, increases, joins, or gathers together * seeks higher education and wisdom, * overseer, supervisor of work, * fame - either grand, or completely misunderstood, * architect, builder, reaches for the stars, figuratively and literally, * tax assessor, or levys taxes, * astrological talents, intuitive, * large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young, * the number twelve holds great significance, * foresight and good fortune to benefit from hard times, * has secret enemies in family or close associations, * many jealous of this subject, * notable father, apple of father's eye when young, * high position in life expected * feelings of granular, wise, genius mentality, * receives the favor of those in authority.

It's Tarot correspondence (I'm going somewhere with this, I promise) is #16 The Tower it's descriptive phrases and sources are:
Golden Dawn: ambition, fighting, war, courage; in certain combinations, destruction, danger
Waite: Distress, disgrace, deception, ruin, imprisonment
Crowley: Quarrel, combat, danger
Case: Conflict
The Tower is ruled by Mars, the god of war. It's color is Scarlet.

The Babylonian recognition of the sign:

"The even older Babylonian version is slightly different. Here the serpent is Tiamat, the Monster of the Bitter Ocean. Holding Tiamat is Marduk, the Sun God of the Babylonians. They are doing battle together in the eternal fight of good against evil. "

What caught my eye about this thread was an article I read several months ago by about the Illuminati bloodlines and how they connect to the reptilians:

Each of the 13 ruling families has a Council of 13 as well. The number, 13, has great significance to them. They know that there are 12 types of energies that pass through the 10 aspects of God-Mind. The totality of the 12 energies equals a 13th energy. This is considered the most powerful knowledge. They also know that there are really 13 Zodiac signs, not the commonly acknowledged 12. They have kept the 13th hidden for centuries because it is the sign of the Dragon. They keep the qualities and traits of this sign secret to avoid giving away clues to the Reptilian mind-pattern.

Not saying one thing or another about the legitimacy of the information (except for the tarot portion, which I know to be true.) But...it's interesting to think about these traits in regards to the Illuminati/PTB and what they have shown us of themselves by their actions. Just sayin'...

edit on 14-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: edit

edit on 14-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: cleaning

edit on 14-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: added Babalonian info

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm still a Pisces! My boyfriend is apparently now a Sagitarius instead of a Capricorn & I don't believe that - he is too stubborn to be a Sag. LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Is Ophiuchus the 13th sign?
No. It’s just a constellation. Even the founding text for Astrology (Tetrabiblos by Claudius Ptolemy written 170 AD only mentions 12 signs.) A few astrologers who practice the controversial sidereal (consellation-based) zodiac use it as the 13th zodiacal sign – and by a few we mean about 1 percent.

Do not worry about the "NEW" zodiac sign.
It only applies to you if you follow Eastern Astrology, Sidereal Astrology
People forget there are various branches of astrology. Most people in Western Culture follow the Zodiac astrology which follows the constellation of the sun and moon. Sidereal astrology follows the constellation of the stars

“Ophiuchus has nothing to do with Astrology,” said expert astrologer Rick Levine. “It’s not an Astrology issue. It has to do with the stars -- it’s not a sign, it’s a constellation.”

www.dailyhoroscope.com...

It's been said that technically Ophiuchus the #13sign has been there all along. I've read that astrologers just don't use it because A) It'll mess up the triplicities and quadrupil...it.ties... (the elements: fire, air, water, earth; and the qualities: cardinal, fixed and mutable). B) It only lasts for 19 days, C) A thirteenth sign would mean there would have to be 13 houses in the Birth Chart, and D) We're already accustomed to the "original" 12 zodiac signs.

zodiacfacts.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's Tarot correspondence (I'm going somewhere with this, I promise) is #16 The Tower it's descriptive phrases and sources are:
Golden Dawn: ambition, fighting, war, courage; in certain combinations, destruction, danger
Waite: Distress, disgrace, deception, ruin, imprisonment
Crowley: Quarrel, combat, danger
Case: Conflict
The Tower is ruled by Mars, the god of war. It's color is Scarlet.

The Babylonian recognition of the sign:

"The even older Babylonian version is slightly different. Here the serpent is Tiamat, the Monster of the Bitter Ocean. Holding Tiamat is Marduk, the Sun God of the Babylonians. They are doing battle together in the eternal fight of good against evil. "

reply to post by coyotepoet

I think the bigger question is, why is this just being pushed to the forefront of mainstream "news" now?

Coyotepoet, liked your info very much. The tarot info makes me feel like the answer to the why now question is all around us - ambition, fighting, war, combat, danger

These are interesting times!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinniejster
Is Ophiuchus the 13th sign?
No. It’s just a constellation. Even the founding text for Astrology (Tetrabiblos by Claudius Ptolemy written 170 AD only mentions 12 signs.) A few astrologers who practice the controversial sidereal (consellation-based) zodiac use it as the 13th zodiacal sign – and by a few we mean about 1 percent.

Do not worry about the "NEW" zodiac sign.
It only applies to you if you follow Eastern Astrology, Sidereal Astrology
People forget there are various branches of astrology. Most people in Western Culture follow the Zodiac astrology which follows the constellation of the sun and moon. Sidereal astrology follows the constellation of the stars

“Ophiuchus has nothing to do with Astrology,” said expert astrologer Rick Levine. “It’s not an Astrology issue. It has to do with the stars -- it’s not a sign, it’s a constellation.”

www.dailyhoroscope.com...

It's been said that technically Ophiuchus the #13sign has been there all along. I've read that astrologers just don't use it because A) It'll mess up the triplicities and quadrupil...it.ties... (the elements: fire, air, water, earth; and the qualities: cardinal, fixed and mutable). B) It only lasts for 19 days, C) A thirteenth sign would mean there would have to be 13 houses in the Birth Chart, and D) We're already accustomed to the "original" 12 zodiac signs.

zodiacfacts.blogspot.com...

As I said in the other thread....some will 'move with change' and true observations...and some will choose to stay in their comfort zone.

Staying in the comfort zone, will likely not offer you the growth that is needed in this life though.

There is no reason what so ever man should of ever made a 12 sign wheel and show all the signs of equal space.

The ancients used the observable sky! If the Sun is in Ophiuchus.....how can you justify telling someone its in Sagittarius?

Right now western astrology is telling people Saturn is in Libra! How can they justify this when we can step out in the night sky and SEE WITH OUR EYES that Saturn is in Virgo?

They have taken the way the ancients used the stars....and blundered it with their own simplicity and convenience.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Known for 2000 years... Why tell us now!? What are "they" trying to tell us? You decide... Look below

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27c1ed069a22.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1330a631c6b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b27af0c4a08b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f82b3ca42335.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc25e2d61ff4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

so what do we do with the other 3 days out of 4 years...I have a real problem with late scholars overthinking the minds of the gods and scholars of all time...I'm not buying the Luciferic answer of 13 this is Illuminati pure and simple

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Whew!

I just found out, the new chart only applies to people born AFTER 2009.

Relax!

Where did you find this? I'm trying to piece it all together now and Thanks to ATS I've got "most" of the info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join