It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the veteran ATS members regarding current trend.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would like to ask members of ATS that have been members for at least 5 years. I would like to know if you have seen any changes on ATS regarding our current global condition. Or rather, I guess what I am asking is if 5 years ago was there a sense of, "something big is about to happen".

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofjacob
I would like to ask members of ATS that have been members for at least 5 years. I would like to know if you have seen any changes on ATS regarding our current global condition. Or rather, I guess what I am asking is if 5 years ago was there a sense of, "something big is about to happen".

"something big about to happen" has been "about to happen" since about 1990, from what I can recall.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofjacob

I can tell you from the economic perspective that way before the financial crash, many in ATS knew already that it was coming, we knew that while President Bush were making speeches that our economy was solid and American was prosperous, the entire system was corrupted and the only reason we had good "numbers" was with sugar coating and lies, sadly it hasn't change a bit.

Now that is only in economic side, now we have a thread to follow and look back the next time the nation goes into economic chaos.

In the global front, it was also many threads that talked of the emerging suprepower in China, economically and financially, that is now a reality.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

thank you for replying. your post actually makes me feel better. I am a fairly new member and ATS is a world of new information. Sometimes a little overwhelming. I am trying to give myself a little perspective.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am new(ish) to ATS, but not new to general conspiracy forums on the internet. I remember discussing such types of subjects when Clinton was in office on BBS's and when IRC was the hot thing for chatting.

Its always been "the end is nigh" mentality in conspiracy minded people, with dates and events tied together to seem like we are in the end times and will be lucky to live out the next 2 years.

If you do some historical research, you will find that ever since people were allowed to discuss things in groups, there have always been doomsday cults and end of the world fears. I think the human condition requires us to feel like its all going to end. This may be a simple ego thing though...a sort of hereditary emo personality living in us all.

A really good example is what Sarah Palin said (Gah, that left a bad taste in my mouth..but still, credit where credit is due). We see the government officals at a peak of nastyness lately...however, if we simply open a book and read what used to happen..politicians used to literally pistol duel each other. Crazy stuff.

We have trouble with long term memory and after a number of years, thinks that everything before was all sunshine and flowers and now things are "speeding up" to some sort of doom ending. Meh, I think its just a sign that we are coming closer to our own deaths and are secretly hopeing the rest of the world explodes with us so we are not alone.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

"something big about to happen" has been "about to happen" since about 1990, from what I can recall.

LOL...
ditto that. Something big seems to happen every day. I feel that to each person that posts, "something big is about to happen".

The changes on this site have been many...that in it's self is "something big"...don't ya think?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Absolutely. Not a week goes by when someone doesn't mention a feeling about something big about to happen.

Could be natural disaster, financial chaos, "disclosure", The Rapture, Armageddon, or about anything else you can name. Something big is always right around the corner, according to someone.

Same as it ever was.

And of course, sooner or later, someone will be right. Timing has everything to do with the outcome of a rain dance, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have been off and on with ATS since about '06, but I had (had) been a dedicated listener of CoastToCoastam since 1996. Since 1996 I was hearing the "I just get the feeling that something (giant and terrible) is about to go down." A LOT from that show, from the callers and hosts. I recall the run up to Y2K. I recall that the sky-is-falling alarmism was at an off-the-charts fever pitch. Everyone was stocking up on their freeze dried water, and bringing windmills, ham radios, and generators into their livingroom basements, so to speak.
edit on 13-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Even before ATS, and probably since the dawn of time, there have always been factions of survivalists and prophets around who stay ever vigilant about things. Growing in a family whose elders survived the camps during WWII kind of brings this to your awareness early.It's pretty much been that way here since I started lurking here in around 2000 or so. There seems to me to have been a marked increase after 9/11 though. I remember I used to get pretty freaked out about things like blue dots on mailboxes and human shackle boxcars and things like that. Hard not to when you're reading that stuff in the middle of a cold, dark night and things are going bump in the night in your head. Not so much anymore

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

. Good stuff to know. Just want to make sure I'm dancing right before the storm hits. That way it looks like I know what I'm doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
9-11-01 occurred, which changed the world for the worse, but was not an ELE SHTF level event.
edit on 13-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I wasn't really looking for examples, (like 9/11). I was looking for the "pulse" of ATS say, 5 years ago. And if the same feeling of "something HUGE is about to happen!!!" was around back then.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Originally posted by MMPI2

LOL...
ditto that. Something big seems to happen every day. I feel that to each person that posts, "something big is about to happen".

The changes on this site have been many...that in it's self is "something big"...don't ya think?

Since I'm new please tell me about the changes you have seen.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofjacob

I myself do not recall this level of tone on ATS back in '06.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I remember I used to come on here to get different prospectives on many topics,unfortunately most of the good posters are gone or became Mods

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I guess what I am asking is if 5 years ago was there a sense of, "something big is about to happen".

Yes. Something is always happening on ATS.
I was overly concerned at first, but I have come to the place where I am prepared if something DOES happen, but I'm not expecting it nearly as much as I used to.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I remember I used to come on here to get different prospectives on many topics,unfortunately most of the good posters are gone or became Mods

What topics interested you originally? What did you consider a "good" poster?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
As one of the Elders, I can ensure you that your assumptions are correct - something big is going to happen. Personally, I do not feel it will be terrorist related or the notion of a conflict; I don't see a war coming between major powers.

We will see the formation, of the foundations, towards a global government. And it will be due to economic problems and must certainly a debt crisis in the United States. North America is the key, in geo political terms, because this region is the missing piece to the global jigsaw puzzle.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 13-1-2011 by infinite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, i feel like i need to get prepared in case something happens. Which that isn't a bad thing, everyone should be prepared.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join