It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy of Cop shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The wife and I were watching another Law and Order rerun a couple of nights ago, and it seemed that every commercial introduced a "new" Cop show coming soon. They are bleeping everywhere. It had never dawned on me before, but I began to wonder if all this maybe had something to do with de-sensitizing the public to the presence of Cops everywhere, i.e., so that we will not be so shocked when Martial Law is finally instituted. There could even be subliminal messaging going on here. I don't look for conspiracies everywhere, but for some reason it seemed it was possible, even likely. Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Are they in space too?

Must be, sadly my antenna just cant pick up those signals.. 8[

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed that, hehe! Sorry for the error folks! I just remembered I wanted to post that, and didn't even think about puttingit in a correct category. Mods, feel free to change to General Conspiracy or whatever. Thanks...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The UK is flooded with cop reality programs, where a camera crew follows around a police unit accompanied by a patronising narrator that always demonises those the police are dealing with.

I think you're exactly right. They are being used as a desensitising tool to make the transition into a police state a smoother one.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
All those law enforcement shows are meant to stir interest so all these young impressionable kids want to be a hero like Horatio the ponderer. Glamorize and they will watch in awe. I'm sure the desensitization of seeing law enforcement is a great side benefit as well for TPTB.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
it maybe be nothing but to the second poster yes they are space too my god they are every where www.tv.com...

to be honest your probaly just being sensitive i remember a few years ago that penguins were everywhere on tv, in shows on adverts kids cartoons they showed up everywhere but i didn'ttake it tomean they were invading
but you maybe right as i've been wrong before

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If you think back most of the drama shows have always been.

Police
Law
Medical

Those are the only shows that can support a continuous stream of real life based far fetched scenarios.

How many people are killed each week on tv, just for our entertainment?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deadred

i was saying the same thing to my wife yesterday.. and the week before mentioned it to her.. there are SO many cop shows... my suspected reasons why"

1.) to scare people into thinking every crime committed will be solved CSI style.
2.) putting a human "face" on L.E. creating a psychological bond with the badge
3.) most young realize cops are sell outs, and need them, to "like" or join the L.E. family.
4.) many people now view the cops as what they are, the pawns of the NWO, willing to carry out tyranny, protect tyrants/bankers to no end in order to improve their personal quality of life at the expense of liberty..

i won't watch any cop showm, except Dukes of Hazzard, most realistic portrayal of cops ever...hehehehe

as my usmc chief warrant officer used to say "cops pin on their courage, strap on their balls"

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
my previous post probably violated some rule.. our whittle eyes can't handle, OR SO SOME COWARDLY GEEK WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE STONES TO BE A REAL MAN WOULD THINK.. a real man is someone who would join the army or the corps or some other tough guy type lifestyle.. amazing how many sensitive whimps are on here.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadred
The wife and I were watching another Law and Order rerun a couple of nights ago, and it seemed that every commercial introduced a "new" Cop show coming soon. They are bleeping everywhere. It had never dawned on me before, but I began to wonder if all this maybe had something to do with de-sensitizing the public to the presence of Cops everywhere, i.e., so that we will not be so shocked when Martial Law is finally instituted. There could even be subliminal messaging going on here. I don't look for conspiracies everywhere, but for some reason it seemed it was possible, even likely. Any thoughts?

Actually I think all these cop shows destroyed the last drop of faith and trust people had with the police.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by deadred

1.) to scare people into thinking every crime committed will be solved CSI style.

They probably are (solved CSI style). When I was in high school, I knew someone who got busted "rolling" (throwing toilet paper all over their yard) someones house by recovering fingerprints from the toilet paper. THIS WAS OVER 20 YEARS AGO! If they can get fingerprints off of toilet paper decades ago, I have no doubt that crazy CSI techniques of capturing DNA and being able to tell the age and sex of someone simply from a single blood cell are used today.

top topics

join