It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA makes 'nominal' payment to settle suit over exposing 24-year-old's breasts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

TSA makes 'nominal' payment to settle suit over exposing 24-year-old's breasts

www.rawstory.com

A woman who had her breasts exposed during an airport search by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was to receive a "nominal" payment as a part of the settlement.

The 24-year-old woman was selected for "extended search procedures" prior to boarding a plane to Amarillo, Texas in 2008.

A lawsuit claimed that the TSA agent pulled her blouse completely down while frisking her.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
And in todays news not likely to be talked about by gov officials or corpomedia shills...

So, yet ANOTHER story of the molestation merry-go-round, circus side show known as the TSA, violating another citizen.

Not only violating her, but making JOKES about it and having a good laugh at her expense. Pure filth.

I wonder just how many other cases like this are never even picked up or reported? Unbelievable what our society has become and tolerates from those in 'authoritorian' positions.

But hey! They're keeping us all safe from the terrorists, right? lol

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I hope more people molest them in court, the way thay've been molesting the public for way too long now.
As usual DD. S&F&

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Not only violating her, but making JOKES about it and having a good laugh at her expense. Pure filth.

That is so unsettling..so disgusting. How do they keep getting away with these Gate Rapes..

By the way, S&F
edit on 1/13/2011 by Fifaboy because: S&F

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
These TSA employees will get what they got coming to them, the terahertz are gonna rip em apart. Its only a matter of time until we get to laugh at their expense.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No proof that it actually happened? Huh. Guess people just go off what they hear nowadays? Kind of like blind faith?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I dont these people want to feel people up awkwardly all day... but it beats McDonalds or garbage pick up, people who ALSO dont enjoy their job.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I hope more people molest them in court, the way thay've been molesting the public for way too long now.
As usual DD. S&F&

Perhaps you are forgetting who the court system belongs to. I would think you need to connect the dots between the BAR and the Crown Temple and on up the line as to who they answer to. One hand washes the other. The courts are set up in a masonic system.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"Lockheed Martin...The Good Hands People"...Oh wait, that was another thread and another commercial...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Why? Do you know who pays for this "nominal payment"? Do you know who paid for the court proceedings? Do you know who paid for the TSA lawyers?

I'll give you a hint: the same group of people paid for all of them.

That group of people is the American taxpayers.

Suing the government for money accomplishes NOTHING! If you want to be a selfish asshole, go ahead and sue for some paper. But if you want things to change, petition the government and FORCE them to change these security measures as a part of your retaliation.

This is what I explained in my thread Stop Filing Lawsuits Against the Government! that no one seemed to bother with.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
no no no
It's not things like this that get people angry it's aggressive rethoric!!!
That's all, otherwise we live in a beautiful world with unicorns and rainbows in a completely egalitarian society!

This is ridiculous, before the media used to question why the TSA did this when Israel has a much better system
But now...

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's guards ordered a pregnant Arab newswoman to remove her bra and told other reporters to strip to their underwear, journalists said on Wednesday.

"While we appreciate the need for security, it is not remotely acceptable to invite people for cocktails at a five-star hotel and then make them undress at the door," it said.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Crazy timing eh?

This is the second thing that bothers me the most, right after Monsanto and the war on food

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"One male TSA employee expressed to the plaintiff that he wished he would have been there when she came through the first time and that 'he would just have to watch the video.'"

Classy!
Quite the ladies man.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

This is what I explained in my thread Stop Filing Lawsuits Against the Government! that no one seemed to bother with.

The only way to do this is to use the Color of Law and to go after each individual involved including the airline!

color of law n. the appearance of an act being performed based upon legal right or enforcement of statute, when in reality no such right exists. An outstanding example is found in the civil rights acts which penalize law enforcement officers for violating civil rights by making arrests "under color of law" of peaceful protestors or to disrupt voter registration. It could apply to phony traffic arrests in order to raise revenue from fines or extort payoffs to forget the ticket.

The appearance of a legal right.

The act of a state officer, regardless of whether or not the act is within the limits of his or her authority, is considered an act under color of law if the officer purports to be conducting himself or herself in the course of official duties.

Under the civil rights act of 1871 (42 U.S.C.A. Section 1983), color of law is synonymous with State Action, which is conduct by an officer that bears a sufficiently close nexus to a state so that the action is treated as though it is by the state.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
but it beats McDonalds or garbage pick up, people who ALSO dont enjoy their job.

Garbage pickup here in Vegas is under the Teamsters $28.00 per hour with full benefits... Not too many complain about their job

edit on 13-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
No amount could ever compensate someone for the groping / exposure and violation of rights that the T(errorist) S(tate) A(gency) inflicts on citizens in the name of "security"... Damn glad that left stateside decades ago and dont have to deal with the stupidity there..

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hey now how can you fault poor TSA guy,it sounds to me he found 2 weapons of mass distraction.lol I have TSA clearance,but I work in cargo area

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

As usual DD. S&F&

Perhaps you are forgetting who the court system belongs to. I would think you need to connect the dots between the BAR and the Crown Temple and on up the line as to who they answer to. One hand washes the other. The courts are set up in a masonic system.

Your point is well taken, and valid as well. But nevertheless, a string of court cases against these people would at least send a message.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think people are just jealous that they are not working for the TSA

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Why? Do you know who pays for this "nominal payment"? Do you know who paid for the court proceedings? Do you know who paid for the TSA lawyers?

I'll give you a hint: the same group of people paid for all of them.

That group of people is the American taxpayers.

Suing the government for money accomplishes NOTHING! If you want to be a selfish asshole, go ahead and sue for some paper. But if you want things to change, petition the government and FORCE them to change these security measures as a part of your retaliation.

Before you start calling people on the carpet. Maybe you should ask them, and yourself, a few questions first.
It isn't about the money. It's about using the (crooked though it may be) system that is in place to send a message. Secondly, however much money they pay out is money back in a taxpayers pocket instead of in the hands of black budgets and pork barrel crap, among other things. There is nothing wrong with petitioning. But IMO, it should be used with the court cases, not solely. Also, when it is possible, individuals should be sued rather than the "government". But this is not always possible.
It's a shame you felt the need to resort to insults. I'm always willing to listen to reason, even if I don't agree in the end. As to your thread. Not a very good way to promote it, but I am interested in what you have to say nonetheless. In the future though, please, use reason, insults make you look less than the intelligent person I know you are.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join