It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face of Your Enemy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm of course reminded of Adam Curtis' "The Power of Nightmares" included in the Wholphin series 2-4. It too explains the nature of putting a face on our fears and how that has become a key manipulation for both government and religious institutions. I see this is even smaller facets of our society everyday. We raise our children to fear what we fear. My daughter is scared of a hockey mask..once a symbol of sport..now another face of fear. We need to be always aware and conscious of how we sub-consciously see things as not what they truly are but what we fear they may be. The wizards first rule. People are stupid..People can be made to believe any lie because they want to believe it is true, or because they are afraid that it is true.

edit on 13-1-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I know this has nothing to do with anything but can someone PLEEAAAASE tell me how to create a whole new post/thread! I have some really ground breaking videos i want to post on this site!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplbelieveppl
I'm of course reminded of Adam Curtis' "The Power of Nightmares" included in the Wholphin series 2-4. It too explains the nature of putting a face on our fears and how that has become a key manipulation for both government and religious institutions. I see this is even smaller facets of our society everyday. We raise our children to fear what we fear. My daughter is scared of a hockey mask..once a symbol of sport..now another face of fear. We need to be always aware and conscious of how we sub-consciously see things as not what they truly are but what we fear they may be. The wizards first rule. People are stupid..People can be made to believe any lie because they want to believe it is true, or because they are afraid that it is true.

edit on 13-1-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

I also highly recomend "The Power of Nightmares" documantary. It deals with this subject exactly. I was amazed when I saw it, I couldn't belive that it was BBC production! Trust me people, watch it, you won't regret it!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I got my first email message with nothing.
I Never got to post a reply to this lasted message..
Peace, to you all! and do not look for me here.
Remember to protect yourself;s in the spirit.
No, kidding bye

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Some interesting ideas.

The very concept of an "enemy" is something that I try to stay away from. Although its impossible to never have an enemy at least once in your life, In my experiences, the less people you classify as "enemy" the better.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"In our war against our boogiemen, we, ourselves, have taken upon ourselves his semblance. We find ourselves behaving in the same misguided ways as our enemies might."

"And in our actions, whether they feel warranted or not, we come to an ultimate and unavoidable truth. If we do not learn to temper our actions and our outlooks... if we cannot find our commonality, once again, and strive to be shining lights in this world... then the day may well come, and very soon, when we awake to discover that we, and our neighbors, community, and even our government all fall into the trap."

"When that day comes, you won't have to look far, at all, to see the face of the enemy."

Humanity is governed by their carnal mind, and is corrupt, period. No amount of development in man's sciences, and technologies, nor development in human relations will solve this problem. Those who seek to perfect man's nature using their own efforts, without reliance upon the divine grace of God provided through the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus Christ, will fall into the trap, and many already have!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Wonderful post. We live in interesting times...that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

The tip of the iceberg or ice age, that's another subject that springs to mind, Maybe the scaremongering of a bogeyman is a total redherring thrown at the people who bask in ignorance & revel in its bliss. This post has reminded me of all of the things my dad use to tell me as bedtime storys, he wasn't trying to frighten me but was trying to prepare me for the chaos that would be abundent when i reached my 30's. I have a strange feeling that an amalgum of all of our suspicions maybe on its way, there's more than one doomsday clock after all. I am realy glad i have found yous ATSers, just knowing that other people know has shone a light for me in a very dark time. S&Fs to all who are deserved of them & please spare a thaught for those whos lives were wasted & taken away by TPTB to try and create a reality that they believe we deserve. I hope & prey that this awakening speeds up & arrives sooner rather than later, why cant people open their eyes & stop dragging their heels.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

God's Speed

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Heff,
That was fabulous. It reminded me of this episode of The Twilight Zone called The Monsters Are Due On Maple St. I really hope we can break this cycle.
Peace!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
It reminded me of this episode of The Twilight Zone called The Monsters Are Due On Maple St. I really hope we can break this cycle.
Peace!!!!

That episode was supposed to make a political statement.

I think it was about communism.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Great post you seem to be 1 of the people who can read between the lines.
IT is interesting to see the parallels between the fall of the soviet union and the current american turmoil thats occurring.
its also painfully obvious that both collapses are being engineered by global power brokers intent on absolute power and control. It would appear there next step is to possibly create some level of civil war which would lead to some sort of phony revolution in america this is social DEngineering on a global scale

Now people understand what they mean by New World Order only theres nothing new about it they have controlled our lives for as long as any of us have been alive but now they posses the ability to control all of us and very soon they will let all of us in on their little secret because there wont be a damn thing we can do about it.
edit on 13-1-2011 by technique because: better thought

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

Wow very powerful! This took me back and in hind site we thought for sure who the enemy was and today it seems we have manipulated more than less. With alternative news source maybe we can create a growing culture of asking more question's than jumping on the conviction band wagon.
Thanks for the reality check!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"Therefore, love your enemy, and pray for those who persecute you, and you will be called sons of the most high God."
(Jesus, or Yeshua ben Joseh, of Nazareth, paraphrased, with conjoined scritpture, to be precise!)

And please don't flame me now, for saying as much, thanks.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So excellent.
Wish I could proclaim this on Courthouse Square of the town I live in,
where everyone is still convinced that the "Arabs" are the bad guys...
that we need to be afraid of terrorists 24/7...
I would be cuffed and stuffed in minutes.

Great OP.

I wonder what will happen to these people when their world comes crashing down.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

No flame from me, for I agree. Humanity wouldn't experience all the problems it does today if they were to take these words to heart and do these things, but this just isn't human nature. Sadly, many humans have sacrificed themselves to the 'god of this world', worshipping the creature, rather than the Creator. The 'creature', by the way, is the 'beast', the 'carnal spirit', the 'devil incarnate'.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
From the recent airport search abuses people have encountered and with the agressive way in which many police officers are interacting with the pulbic and pet dogs, it appears the police powers put in place by the Patriot Act has progressed now to make us all into suspected domestic terrorists. Americans and their pets are the enemy of the Americans now.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanMan54
reply to post by NewAgeMan

No flame from me, for I agree. Humanity wouldn't experience all the problems it does today if they were to take these words to heart and do these things, but this just isn't human nature. Sadly, many humans have sacrificed themselves to the 'god of this world', worshipping the creature, rather than the Creator. The 'creature', by the way, is the 'beast', the 'carnal spirit', the 'devil incarnate'.

"Good is good for goodness' sake, and love is it's own reward."
~ Anonymous

There a new will in town I think and a new light of light and love eminating from the sun. The circle is being joined with or without us..

...while the good continue to do good and the evil evil.

A "nexus" of karmic law traversing the universe, as a universal principal of justice and mercy, that is either a totally AWESOME and wonderful occurance in cosmological evolution, or, a terror, depending on your point of view, may it extend itself through the incarnation of a moutainous avalanch of avatars and Bodhisatvas as we approach the end of the age, even now, through us, that the mountains of history and historical causation, might have at least the possibility, of bridging the gap and the troubled waters from what is, to what ought to be, allowing mankind to traverse that royal archway and bridge, into everlasting freedom, joy, happiness and love, for our mutual benefit, and our mutual enjoyment, and, as the only possible thing to do (in the space of nothing) that makes ANY rational sense whatsoever in the final analysis, so it's also entirely reasonable and never an imposition upon the mind of man..

There is nothing more powerful than an idea who's time has come, and these are the goods which come out of an ageless storehouse of treasure, in the form of both something very old, and, something new, and therefore creative, novel, fun and enjoyable, peaceful, loving, happy, childlike.

Let us not forget what the payoff really is in all of this, eh?

edit on 13-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: type slight edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join