It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the comet be a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've been hearing a lot of things on this board about comet NEAT. I know this may sound stupid but do you think it could be a UFO? Maybe an invasion by the reptoids? Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You would n`t be the first one to speculate that a comet is in fact a large Alien craft on its way here for purposes unknown. Have a look on the net for stuff about Hale-Bopp comet and you`ll come across these sorts of ideas. It usually and unsurprisingly turns out to be crap.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
It usually and unsurprisingly turns out to be crap.

I would imagine so, but during this war isnt it a possibility that if it is an invasion, this would be a good time for it to happen? I have read a lot about the reptillians wanting to take back planet Earth, I just think that this would be the time to do so.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
if you are a technologically superior species, which having a huge comet as your space craft you would undoubtedly be, anytime would be a good time. We as a global race are more often than not at each others throats, can`t really see a bad time to invade....

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All this talk about UFO's and reptillians makes this Planet X theory less believable for me

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I personally enjoy David Icke... I theory about the Elitest having souls that were once in a reptillian type form makes perfect sense to me...
But when and where the floods will take place doesn't...
My biggest question is what is the Illuminati's motivation if we are going to get hit by a big flood...

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have read these theories, and since I have little to no solid information to go off of, and/or no scientific basis for such thoughts, I tend to avoid them.

Not to put such theories down, as I am very much of the opinion that "the only thing thats for sure is that nothing is for sure".

I would tend to believe that NEAT is NOT a spaceship for very simple reasons:

1, NEAT spent several days at or near perihelion, at less than 7 million miles from the surface of the sun. For any technology that I can forsee, I dont think that any organic/biological occupants of a spaceship would be able to survive the heat/radiation at that distance for that duration.

2, if NEAT were an occupied spacecraft of sufficiently advanced technology to survive such an encounter (including an apparent direct hit by a CME), then I have to ask why would they be coming into the solar system on an unpowered ballistic trajectory, and why would they have to camoflage themselves as a comet? Surely that kind of technology would be capable of direct powered flight, and would have other stealthing capabilities.

3, The apparent disinformation by NASA, information blackout, and apparent use of HAARP against NEAT suggests that there was some kind of concerted governmental effort to somehow affect the location, trajectory, or other disposition of NEAT. Again, if NEAT were a spacecraft of that advanced technology, it would likely have the ability to counter these actions, and would likely have made thier presense/intentions clear by now.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
No.

It's a comet. We have lots of nice pictures of the thing and a ton of astronomical data.

It's a regular old comet. Check any astronomy BBS you like -- there's amateurs following the thing, photographing it. Comet with known orbit and periodicity.

top topics

join