It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts About “Ascension”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I recently had the chance to read a post here on ATS which listed a bunch of ailments that many I know suffer from, including loss of appetite, overeating, hyperactivity, oversleeping, and so on, and attributing them all to “ascending to a higher density.”

It occurred to me that if I was spraying chemtrails and wanted people to believe something good was happening to them as they exhibited symptoms of poisoning, this would be an awesome ruse.

I thought of this mainly because of the presence of opposites in the list. Sure, each of the things were “explained,” as in: sleeping too much means you are in need of deep rest to prepare for your “ascension;” hyperactivity means you are dissipating the excess energy you need to to be “balanced.” Yet somehow it all just didn’t ring true to me. Eerily reminiscent of Logan’s Run, and Carrousel.

I asked what else might be a reason to promote this idea of the future given the probabilities I assign to other things in this universe as being high, and this picture just popped right up.

I’m not saying this picture is true or false, but what I would like is a show of hands. If you think this, on a scale of 1-100, is 40 or more probable a picture of the truth, flag this. If not… Don’t do anything (no way to count negative votes… [sigh] Cannot distinguish apathy from firm disapproval).

Yes, I had my doubts about this “ascension” explanation as to why most people seem to have sinus issues, or tiredness, or at least one of every ailment on the list, and a strong conviction that Consciousness is working with this 3D+T universe and a solution must therefore be expected in what we have to manifest Now.

(Granted, what is available, looking at it from even as small a perspective as our solar system, we have vast horizons – with the energy of the universe available. We would be wise to promote the three Laws of Ethics, with peace the focus our pursuits…)

Following the lines of the picture I saw painted, I find it interesting that pharmaceuticals came on the scene, over the counter and touted on the three networks, for “allergies and sinuses” about the same time as I recall trails going from thin-to-puffy trails that lasted only a short while to things that began criss-crossing skies, heavier and heavier and hung for hours.

I’m sure it’s my imagination run wild. Chime in on your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Chemtrails may or may not be part of this "ascension"/illness which is infecting a great many of people these days, it seems. If you look over some of the work here on ATS which cover how we've changed the laws of science more than a few times, you may get a bigger picture perspective. We have sped up the evolution of micro-organisms, and may be causing our own demise in the process. From the use of antibiotics, fungicides, pesticides, the introduction of plastics and other synthetic chemicals, to the dumping of heavy metals in the sky, since the industrial revolution illness, adaptation, & evolution has gone into overdrive.

Sinuses are usually related to fungal issues. Allergies are usually related to autoimmune disorders. I think one of the first things people should realize is that scientists weaponized mycoplasma decades ago and released them on humanity. This solves the mystery of many autoimmune/chronic illnesses that are getting dozens of names, and coming about as syndromes, such as chronic fatigue. There is reason for this all, but don't expect the government to admit fault anytime soon.

Back to people discussing "ascension" when really what seems to be going on is illness/slight psychosis, I think it could be as you said, some sort of psyops to redirect people's thinking into becoming enlightened/superior beings. I also think it could simply be instinctual to make up these fairy tails in order to keep going during extreme circumstances. The power of belief truly is amazing. Perhaps these thoughts of ascension help people to get through their diseased state.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissionsBack to people discussing "ascension" when really what seems to be going on is illness/slight psychosis, I think it could be as you said, some sort of psyops to redirect people's thinking into becoming enlightened/superior beings.

I am beginning to think that the word ascension may not be the best one for us all to be using. I suspect that a more accurate way to put it would be shamanic initiation sickness. Also known as the shamanic crisis, the shamanic awakening, the shamanic ordeal, the shamanic emergence-E. Its something people have been going through for tens of thousands of years.

The problem is, the-man-on-the-street has a very poor understanding of shamanism. Many people are still thinking of it in terms of primitive beliefs and primitive cultures. But shamans are born, not made. Its not about beliefs.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

That's all fine and dandy, but the shaman takes things like ayahuasca to get to this state, and it doesn't last for years. Two entirely different things, imo.
edit on 12-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

That's all fine and dandy, but the shaman takes things like ayahuasca to get to this state, and it doesn't last for years. Two entirely different things, imo.
edit on 12-1-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

No a shaman takes ayahuasca to become initiated, thus curing the initiation sickness. Successful initiation is the cure.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You're not being logical whatsoever and I think deep down you know this to be true.

There is no sickness before taking the drugs. The drugs bring about the sickness. The body repairs the sickness over time as the drugs wear off. Obviously, the causation of sickness is the toxic substances they take.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You're not being logical whatsoever and I think deep down you know this to be true.

It might be a good idea if you don't make those kinds of assumptions. Not only do you not know me, but it looks like you don't know much about shamanism either. Just sayin'.

There is no sickness before taking the drugs.

There most certainly is. In a traditional culture an older more experienced shaman would recognize it and initiate the person in question, thus curing and initiating a new shaman who then uses his or her abilities to serve his tribe.

But our society has no shamans and thus shamans-to-be linger on in their sickness, unable to initiate and cure themselves.

Whether or not this is the same thing people mean when they talk about 'ascension' is another matter, but in some cases I think it is. I recommend that you read this:

www.spiritualcompetency.com...

The drugs bring about the sickness. The body repairs the sickness over time as the drugs wear off. Obviously, the causation of sickness is the toxic substances they take.

I'm sorry but, you don't seem to know what you are talking about. Most people don't when it comes to shamanism, so don't get all offended ok? Nothing personal.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm not offended, I just think you're applying the term shaman initiation inappropriately. If Shamans are just schizophrenics who find solace in adapting a bizarre, nonsensical belief system and a culture that welcomes this spiritual nonsense, sure...whatever. I just thought that only some of the Shamans were unwell before being initiated, and the rest became unwell from the drug-induced visions their selves.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'm not offended, I just think you're applying the term shaman initiation inappropriately. If Shamans are just schizophrenics who find solace in adapting a bizarre, nonsensical belief system and a culture that welcomes this spiritual nonsense, sure...whatever. I just thought that only some of the Shamans were unwell before being initiated, and the rest became unwell from the drug-induced visions their selves.

Here is a great video about it that I think you will like.

The First Storytellers

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Shamans are not born, just like schizophrenics are not born. They have a genetic propensity for the natural psychedelic experience. There is no shaman without the surrounding culture which engenders the beliefs which enable society to accept the abnormal individual. It's the same for the schizophrenic who has a culture which engenders the beliefs that leads a society to reject the abnormal individual. There are virtually no shamans in western civilization, just as there are virtually no schizophrenics in the Amazon rain forest.

What is known without a doubt is that rates of insanity, later referred to as schizophrenia, has increased drastically after the industrial revolution. There is correlation here, but causation is not established. It seems to transcend, although include, the physical component of toxicity as a result of industrialization.

The concern I have, is that people will use these spiritual beliefs to sidestep the reality that our ecosystem is being mucked up at ever increasing rates as time flows on. I don't doubt that losing contact with our societal/cultural norms may benefit our species. I don't doubt that the schizophrenic/shaman is universally found among our species across the globe for any other reason that to help us out. What I find problem in is the use of these beliefs as a means to deny other aspects of reality. I reject the thought process that many creative personalities have that destruction is just another path to creation. While this is true, I think many methods used to bring about this destruction is amoral and not of a benefit to our species overall.

I don't reject the shaman/schizophrenic, I reject the belief system many psychedelic voyagers use in order to cope with the insanity of the world instead of manning up and defeating these sources of evil head on. That's my delima with this whole "ascension" nonsense. It keeps us subservient by keeping us entertained, and thinking this is some sort of cleansing process, rather than the truth that we're, quite literally as SLAYER69 says, "swimming in our own filth".

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Shamans are not born, just like schizophrenics are not born.

It doesn't take a particular belief-system to be a schizophrenic, just as it doesn't take one to be a shaman. Its not about believing certain things or acting in a primitive way.

They have a genetic propensity for the natural psychedelic experience. There is no shaman without the surrounding culture which engenders the beliefs which enable society to accept the abnormal individual. It's the same for the schizophrenic who has a culture which engenders the beliefs that leads a society to reject the abnormal individual. There are virtually no shamans in western civilization, just as there are virtually no schizophrenics in the Amazon rain forest.

You seem to take words pretty literally. There are plenty of urban shamans, they just don't realize what they are. Underneath words are essences. Don't get stuck on the surface of words, penetrate them to the essence.

There are virtually no schizophrenics in the Amazon because they know how to cure schizophrenics by turning them into shamans. There is a saying, the schizophrenic drowns in the waters that the mystic gracefully swims. Do you see what I mean, or do you have trouble with metaphors?

What is known without a doubt is that rates of insanity, later referred to as schizophrenia, has increased drastically after the industrial revolution. There is correlation here, but causation is not established. It seems to transcend, although include, the physical component of toxicity as a result of industrialization.

Maybe its because the industrial revolution helped us to be the myopic reductionistic ignorant idiots that we are?

The concern I have, is that people will use these spiritual beliefs to sidestep the reality that our ecosystem is being mucked up at ever increasing rates as time flows on.

The concern I have, is that people will use scientism to sidestep the reality that there is more to reality than meets the eye.

I don't doubt that losing contact with our societal/cultural norms may benefit our species. I don't doubt that the schizophrenic/shaman is universally found among our species across the globe for any other reason that to help us out. What I find problem in is the use of these beliefs as a means to deny other aspects of reality.

Sorry but from here, you look like an armchair skeptic. Here is more educational material for you to ignore.

Shamans Explore the Human Mind

I reject the thought process that many creative personalities have that destruction is just another path to creation. While this is true, I think many methods used to bring about this destruction is amoral and not of a benefit to our species overall.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

I don't reject the shaman/schizophrenic, I reject the belief system many psychedelic voyagers use in order to cope with the insanity of the world instead of manning up and defeating these sources of evil head on. That's my delima with this whole "ascension" nonsense. It keeps us subservient by keeping us entertained, and thinking this is some sort of cleansing process, rather than the truth that we're, quite literally as SLAYER69 says, "swimming in our own filth".

I keep trying to tell you, its not a belief-system. When that sinks in, let me know and we will resume our discussion. I just can't handle your level of ignorance for very long. It bums me out.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
It occurred to me that if I was spraying chemtrails and wanted people to believe something good was happening to them as they exhibited symptoms of poisoning, this would be an awesome ruse.

they might be just trying to make the idea of ascension appealing to people who are sad/desperate/confused/scared/etc.

the same way any religion does.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

I am sure there are other possibilities... Yet the "explaining" away the many ills that have recently cropped up (and provide many to purchase pharmaceuticals) certainly suggests that this explanation might be a viable one. At least 40% of the "market share" of probability...

new topics

top topics

join