It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Strange Norway Lights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
www.yr.no...

Stumbled upon this article and pictures from Norway. Can anyone translate this? Seems like theirs been more weird lights appearing in Norway. Photos on the above link show different colors of light beams. These lights are too consistent to be the Northern Lights. Any suggestions on what these could be? Main stream media hasn't reported anything on this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

www.yr.no...

Stumbled upon this article and pictures from Norway. Can anyone translate this? Seems like theirs been more weird lights appearing in Norway. Photos on the above link show different colors of light beams. These lights are too consistent to be the Northern Lights. Any suggestions on what these could be? Main stream media hasn't reported anything on this.

It may seem odd and it probably is but someone told me they where out and saw a circular rainbow in the sky when there where no clouds,seriously odd.www.ursa.fi...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

From what I can make of the bad Google translation, the article is saying that the beams of light are coming from ice particles from snow cannons used for skiing.

Google translation:

Mainly there are obvious reasons why the ice crystals flying around in the air and makes Ice fog. But the crystals that are currently floating around in the streets of Oslo is most likely a different origin.

- I think it has snow cannons up in Grefsenkollen to do. It's a cloud of ispartikler out of them. It has a bit of the blame today, "said Smits.

Peer Bakke, production manager at Oslo Ski Center , confirmed that snow cannons have been left on all night. He has previously noticed the pillar of light.

Original text:

Stort sett er det naturlige grunner til at iskrystallene flyr rundt i lufta og lager iståke. Men krystallene som for tiden svever rundt i Oslos gater har mest sannsynlig et annet opphav.

– Jeg tror det har med snøkanonene oppe i Grefsenkollen å gjøre. Det står en sky av ispartikler ut av dem. Det har nok litt av skylda i dag, sier Smits.

Peer Bakke, produksjonssjef ved Oslo Skisenter, kan bekrefte at snøkanonene har stått på i hele natt. Han har tidligere lagt merke til lyssøylene.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Nice pics!
However, i believe this phenomena is caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere reflecting light.
Pretty sure i have seen similar pics from China.
Very cool though!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i1200.photobucket.com...

The Beams are being created by Orbs of light UFO's

The above Still frame was taken from this video...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
They are light pillars formed from light sources bouncing off ice crystals.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Hmmm, ice crystals that's interesting. Does anyone know if these ice crystals can reflect colors of the light spectrum and at the same time be so uniform in shape?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is there anyway to find out if there are increases in ice crystals in the upper atmosphere thats what I would like to know as it my reflect essential heat.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

We have a WINNER!! You are exactly right. We get these here in North Central Saskatchewan on very cold nights when the humidity is up.
Up here we call it ice-fog.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: to add last line

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Thanks everyone for the info. I guess it's case closed. Neat effect, never seen anything like it.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Cool pics thx

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Circle rainbows or sun halos are chemtrail related. It's a specific chemical... forgot which one.

These lights are a natural occurrence though, has to do with the cold. Notice how they are dependent on the environment, the color is just reflecting city lights.

There's a semi recent post on this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Was previously posted about two weeks ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This lady claims these lights are actually 5D Beings from anoter star system (Andromeda). They are called Paschats - here is the link to the full story :

www.galacticroundtable.com...

Could be.. why not?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Neat effect, never seen anything like it.

Try here

Atmospheric Optics

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well if those are beams of light created by ice crystals then what are these. These were captured in Iraq over Bagdad by some Marines. Maybe these are Ice crystals as well then.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Yes, they are also light pillars. Deserts have massive swings in temperature between day and night, and it can easily get cold enough for ice crystals to form during the night.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Most UFO cases usually have down to earth explanations. This was no different.

new topics

top topics

join