It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope declares 'God will Judge You'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Pope John paul speaks out again against the war.

From Sky News:

GOD WILL JUDGE YOU

The Pope has reiterated the Catholic church's opposition to war in Iraq.

The Vatican has said that countries that decide to wage war on Iraq without a global consensus must take responsibility before God and history - making clear the Pope would not endorse their actions.

Grave responsibility

"Those who decide that all peaceful means via international law are exhausted assume a grave responsibility before God, their conscience and history," said Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls.

Mr Navarro-Valls' comment was the Vatican's first official reaction to Washington's ultimatum to Iraqi President Saddam Hussein to go into exile within 48 hours or face war.

Pope John Paul has led a vigorous diplomatic campaign against the threatened US-led attack on Iraq.

Passionate plea

At the weekend he issued a passionate plea for peace and said Iraq's leaders had a duty to cooperate with international community to avert war. He told both sides there was still time to negotiate.

The 82-year-old pontiff has held talks with world leaders who are opposed to war and those who are its staunchest supporters. He has also sent peace envoys to both Washington and Baghdad.

The Vatican has said it will not shut its embassy in Iraq even if war breaks out.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
GOD ALSO SAID:

Matthew Chapter 24

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

KJV

[Edited on 19-3-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
But hopefully there will also be human justice on the warpigs !

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
if God judges us as "harshly" as the Catholic Church judges child molesting priests, then we don't have much to worry about, do we?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
if God judges us as "harshly" as the Catholic Church judges child molesting priests, then we don't have much to worry about, do we?

If blaming others is your only response to accusations, you'd stand a pretty bad chance in a war crimes tribunal

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Lighten up! Are you always so serious?

Lucky for me, I am not currently facing a war crimes tribunal, huh?

Just pointing out that it's pretty hard for some of us to take anything the church says seriously, when it conspires to cover up such grievous crimes against it's own god and followers...

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
"" if god judged us how the church judged its molesting priest
than we have nothing to worry about ""

thats because the hiearchy is filled with heretics and basically the whole
church of vatican ll is in heresy.

the pope is no different. thats why they were not removed or delt with properly because satan has reached
into the entire heiarchy including the pope.

Its just to demolish the name of the church by the angels of satan. If this would ofhappened
pre V2 they would be excommunicated at once.

"" the pope does not want a war ""

thats because satans time is running out. War is the only means of cleansing this world. A world full of sin cannot
stand. Sin will destroy the entire world.

btw, please just pray for te soldiers and the world. these men and women have no clue who they are fighting for and need as
many prayers as possible.

peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A consensus has clearly been reached and to be very honest its a first in history. No one outside of the country of Iraq is prepared to support that government
militarily.

Its really a very simple issue something is rotten in Iraq. To be very specific the Vatican is not sending troops either.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm suprised this pope actually said God will you judge you instead of saying, "I will judge you"

btw, please just pray for te soldiers and the world. these men and women have no clue who they are fighting for and need as
many prayers as possible.

How about praying for the innocent Iraqi women and children who have no clue why the entire Western world hates them so much

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I'm suprised this pope actually said God will you judge you instead of saying, "I will judge you"

"God will judge you" means they've been excommunicated and that they are no longer Christians.

He said that because of what your sick president just confirmed "the war will take longer than thought ... we will do our best to avoid civilian casualty"

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ah yes the Papacy, we can thank it for the Crusades, Committing Atrocities in the name of God.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~*��Gl�W-�tԩk����J±�*~
Ah yes the Papacy, we can thank it for the Crusades, Committing Atrocities in the name of God.

do you mean todays' american President or the church of 1000 years ago?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Can't forget the Spanish Inquisition.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Bush II is only finishing what didn't end your right, the Crusades.

There was no official ending to the first Crusades to begin with, they still continued in some way, shape, or form.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   

do you mean todays' american President or the church of 1000 years ago?

I think Papacy refers to the Popes' during 900's to 1400's and Crusades would also refer to that.

As we have a President, not the POPE.

Do I like Bush, Hell no.

and the title says the Pope declares " God will Judge You" so how you got Bush out of that I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Actually its not at all surprising given the role of the
Pope in Christian society.

Karl our president is not sick if he were sick that would seem apparent by other troops supporting Iraq, which were from another country.

Perhaps if you do not mind (not that you have been able to do so far in any of your post) could you provide a link which supports your claim as to how "God will judge you" is defined?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
Karl our president is not sick

dare i say DWI ?

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I am just glad Karl is not part of the UN..........you've made it known you argue and want attention. You make no sense.

Just BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH !

After every war comes peace. Peace does not come before war. You are a mental limp..........

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   

After every war comes peace. Peace does not come before war. You are a mental limp..........

You really believe that ? LOL

and you're wondering where the terror comes from ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join