It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Muslims defend Christians with their Lives

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Where are your numbers coming from? 21 Muslims were all that showed up?
This link says there were thousands. Please provide a link to where your numbers are coming from.

Additionally, i crack up when things like this come out:

Originally posted by TheAmused
If i copy the bible and change verse's to fit my agenda..would you follow in my new religion if GOD said so lol

Isn't the above exactly what Christians have been doing with their bible for a couple thousand years?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My first post here. I was following your discussion on the Giffords/Loughner YouTube connection because I had a lot of the same questions...

...but I first heard this story on your site, and I'm glad I did. I wish this were getting more coverage here in the U.S., because every good deed should be known.

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I am more sceptical about who did the bombing. My guess would be Israel, they have been wanting to invade Egypt for years. This was totally meant to turn the Christians and Musliums against each other, God is working and I m so glad that didn't happen. I will be glad when the truth comes out about 9/11, if it ever will. But no one in America hate the Musliums until that happened and Israel has benefited greatly from it. I am a Christian but I was taught Love not Hate. Thanks Dad.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
to me it is of no importance how many turned out to show unity. even if only one muslim attended, it is significant.
some links for those who care
www.thedailynewsegypt.com...

www.thedailynewsegypt.com...

regards f

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Sorry for the confusion. I think being a site about the conspiracy theories most people would be aware that the contrived war has been instigated for a greater purpose then terrorism, it has been created into a war of religions. It saddens me that so many people who are searching for answers ignores the truth of the Zionist/Corporate/Bankers who are at the realm here. If we continue in this manner, Christian vs. Muslim then we are only falling for the biggest of all lies. I can see clearly both sides have their own extremist and both have the inner desire to be left alone to live peaceful lives. I just get frustrated at the level of denial that allows us to continue on this route. My own family is a battle I struggle with each day. My mother, a devout Christian is sure that all Muslims want to kill everyone that isn't Muslim. The brainwashing has been succesful. Most times I feel no fear whatsoever and other times I do let it creep in. The fear that all my fellow Americans will wait until it is too late to stand up for what they know is wrong, but out of fear do nothing, because they feel helpless. Unfortunately, I know this is exactly what will happen. I do not fear death by any form. Until it is the death of freedom for all. That is exactly where we are headed, not only as a nation but as a global community. When those who claim to be Christian or Muslim or even Jesuit and shout out death cries towards one another, I know they are not true to their faiths, they are the true hypocrats that brought on the state of our world today. Of course we are all guilty on a certain level. Each person that has not fully integrated the reality of the fact that we are all human. Each of us all do things we are not proud of from one moment to the next. We can only try to do better at each opportunity that comes to us to be more understanding, compassionate, humbled, appreciative, forgiving and valiant in our efforts to continue to become the fantastic soul filled humans we actually are. I applaud any act such as the one that the OP posted. Because that is what true humanity is and we should all applaud such a thing. Is there anyone in this nation of mixed breeds (me included) that can not visit our history of ancestors and recognize that at some point in time we were also down trodding for our race or belief system? I dare say there is not one pure white person left on the face of this earth. No matter what your mama said! Our history of life is far too long to be at a stage when we consider a persons race as a source to judge another. We can only judge a man's character by the fruit of his labor. As for religion, that is a personal relationship between that man and his creator and is no business of another person's whatsoever. If you should consider anything of his actions, realize he is reaching for his own God and then trust that god to guide him as he sees fit. Who are any of us to question a mans relationship with his creator? For the extremist, I know they act in fear. Fear is the compelling factor and it only leads to destruction. A destruction that will match the level of his fear x's 10. Love on the other hand will only lead to love and is multiplied by 100.

Sorry to use my reply to stand on the pulpit. I guess I needed to vent in hopes that someone will gain a greater understanding of themselves and begin on the new road away from fear, called change.

Peace/Light/Love
Sandie

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I believe the Arab nations are saying the exact same things of the American people. Why would the Americans allow their government to do such horrible things to so many innocent lives of women, children and the elderly. they don't even speak of the healthy male population. They speak of those who are incapable of defending themselves. We are guilty! Just as they say! They are guilty, just as we say! It's time all of us who want change to stand up and take control of this situation. How? Do we go buy more guns? Do we pray to our God's that he will save us? Or do we begin to view each and every other person with respect and love them as if they are our own brother or sister? I think we really need to stop looking at "strangers" as the enemy and begin to view them as any person we dearly love. If my brother has an alcohol problem and is beligerant when he drinks, I know he needs more support than ever. I don't stand up and start arguing with him in the middle of his delustional rants. I wait patiently until he is sober, I speak to him about what is happening and I try to find a way to nurse him back to health with whatever viable option is available. Our government is as much a prisoner to this nightmare as we are. Those in power hold everything over those politicians heads. Is it so different from most of us in our 9 to 5 jobs. When the boss tells us to do something, do we walk off the job. Some do, but most do it and go home angry and upset and swear to start looking for a job tomorrow. But, tomorrow is filled with another day of the same and we are too overloaded to even think about finding another job. We can't afford to quit, we have a house payment to make. We are accustomed to our life style, even though it doesn't compare to many with vast amounts of money we are no different from those who do. If Obama walked off the job, do you think for one minute that he would be living in the way he is accustomed to? NO, they would destroy him financially, if not outright kill him or his family along with him. It's been done before ..JFK. I think the only way we are going to break out of this nightmare is to drop the system completely. Drop out of the belief system that says there is no other way to survive. I may be wrong on the name but I think it was George Green who wrote "The New Paradigm". There is another way, but it can not be the way of the past. It must be an entirely new way of doing everything we have been programmed to do for many generations, thousands of years of history that gave those power through the invention called money, including gold/silver and the likes. We were born on this earth and we have the inheritant right to live on it freely, grow our own food, build our own shelter and work together as a community to share with each other so that we all have our needs met. Unfortunately, I do not see this happening without first loosing everything we have. Because, no one thinks they can live any other way then the way they have been programmed to live by the system at hand. So, for all you guys and gals that are about to die from the bombs we will see in our own neighborhoods and communities.... I'll see you in the next life and maybe by that time we will get it right! I certainly hope so.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychiatrium

Remember the old saying "learning the hard way". It's so very true. It requires loss to gain appreciation. It requires pain to gain compassion. It requires experience to understand. It requires guilt to learn forgiveness. It requires ego to learn humility. It requires cowardess to promote valor.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I am in total agreement with everything you have just said! In reviewing the comments of this post and the conversations that have come about, I must say it does give me some reason for hope. Because, the majority of people are in agreement with words like you just wrote.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I think you might want to read the story for yourself first. Secondly, you're still stuck in your fear/hate mentality and therefore I will not continue to speak with you again. Because your mentality is one of a true terrorist. That's what terrorist are, people who speak with hate and act in violent ways. Poof! You're gone from my sight until you learn how to walk in the light of love.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandypie

You're right, sadly people need to be exposed to tragedy in order to evolve...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is what we NEED. And this is why I defend Muslims in THEIR country. Because when they're on their turf, trying to make their lives better, they see that humanity in it's entirety deserves to be treated with respect. And I will defend their right to an existence they deem fit for themselves.

Unlike their brethren who are in Europe, trying to change our lives to suit theirs.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I think the point really is this.. The propaganda has been played out on both sides of the ocean. If we fight amongst one another, then we do not address those who have created the propaganda to begin with. Humans.. not Christian, Muslim, Athiest or whatever religious faction you want to label someone are still humans. We all desire the same thing, to be free to practice our faith, to provide food and shelter for our families, to have a community we feel safe in and to be free to simply live our lives without conflict. That propaganda is happening to those of every nation. All the wars have been created to keep us distracted and scrambling for survival. Who profits from this?? Do any of the less fortunate who strive to do what's right day by day? No, it is not us and by us I mean all the citizens of the world. It is those who have the power and control over our daily lives. Those who take up arms and run to protect their "country" are not helping any of us on either side of this nightmare called "War". I don't see my point of view, that is supported by many and has been the force behind many marches against a tyranical government changing anything. As long as people believe blowing cities and towns to smitherenes and killing the lives of innocent people, while they are referred to as casualties of war, will only create a vicious cycle that is unending.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is one of the most amazing and wonderful stories I've ever read. Gives me hope that we humans will survive after all.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I do not hate Muslims, in fact I defend them on many levels but my Father is an Egyptian Christian living in Alexandria and told me a week ago that the whole purpose of this visitation was robbery.

He states that criminals used the cover of the masses to rob, steal and assault his congregation, he also said that all of this was done to the amusement of the Muslims in the crowd.

I really think that the Muslims in Egypt hate the Christians, sadly my Father thinks that American Christians see them as "Brothers" but the truth is American Christians do not give two farts about the "Dirty Arabs" so I had to set him straight.

Hopefully they will wise up and fight back instead of waiting for help that will never come.

Now I know I will be called a "Zionist collaborator" so I will attach a screenshot as proof, mind my dads spelling because he never went to school.

People need to realize that some Zionists are bad but so are some Muslims and everyone else, I have come to understand that, Humanity in general, sucks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70ce0a418add.png[/atsimg]

edit on 1/19/2011 by samhouston1886 because: ADD SCREENSHOT

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

While there is nothing that I would put past Israel (involved in 9/11) but I really doubt it was Mossad robbing and cutting Christians at this event, people who blame Jews for everything are the same as those who blame Arabs for everything.

Being 25% Egyptian, I have been discriminated against at my former workplace for responding to a company wide email that was derogatory towards Arabs, I made contact with Ray Hanania (Arab Rights Figure) who said he was going to help me, when the subject of me being a Christian and 9/11 Truther came up, I was ignored and then told to get lost.

To act as if Muslims are Angels is wrong, they can be as evil as it gets.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
When I feel down and stuff, I come back to this thread and read the OP and smile and feel all could just be fine with the world some day.
I hope someone logs on and sees this thread and reads it and it raises their happy and faith and hope for a while.

Pass it on. Keep this thread going. I will every week or so. I don't care. People NEED to read this kind of positive stuff. Enough doom and gloom. THIS is small - but it's progress.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Didn't last too long.

www.foxnews.com...

CAIRO -- Muslim mobs set two Cairo churches on fire overnight during sectarian clashes that left 12 dead and more than 200 injured. The deepening religious violence in military-ruled Egypt exacerbated an already chaotic and lawless transition to democracy.

Mobs of ultraconservative Muslims attacked the St. Menas church in the Cairo slum of Imbaba late Saturday following rumors that a Christian woman married to a Muslim man had been abducted. Local residents said a separate mob of youths armed with knives and machetes attacked the Virgin Mary church several blocks away

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

a tragic event indeed. my thoughts are with the bereaved whilst the political world carves themselves a slice of the action.
www.almasryalyoum.com...

f

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join