It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Muslims defend Christians with their Lives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk
And it only took them...lets see....hmmm....10+ years the way I see it? Nah go spread that deceitful propaganda elsewhere as it is too little, too late in my book.

Who are ''them'' ?

Such unfounded cynicism and closed-mindedness, seriously can't be healthy for you.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It wasn't that long ago that women's liberation came to this country. A country mostly made of Christians. Don't be so quick to judge another, we are as a community on different locations of the same path. I personally do not prescribe to any religion. I see it as a form of separation the same as color, nationality, casts, human vs. nature and who we are as a part of the integral system of the grand creator. We are all one.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandypie
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

In one of the most positive posts I have seen so far on ATS, you have some how managed to bring negativity to it. You compliment with one sentence and degrade in another. I think you have watched far too much evening news and have been brainwashed to believe that "most" of the people in this religion are vile. I'm sure you have never met a community of people who follow the faith of Islam. If you had, you would quickly realize where your beliefs have been falsely created by the propaganda called Terrorism.

Haha watching news? I don't think so. How about serving multiple tours in both Afghanistan and Iraq (wounded outside Kandahar October 29, 2001....not too far from where our member Airspoon got hit which he and I have talked in some detail about privately so before you say I am a fraud, just ask him about me). So with that said, I have been closer to that culture/religion then perhaps YOU have I am willing to bet....and yes "terrorism" in the context that it is being used in today is nothing more than propaganda...I AGREE.

But apparently YOU need to go back and do more research as apparently you have no idea what I am even referring to here, and I really do not have the time nor patience to conduct a history lesson with you on this topic. All I say is OPEN YOUR EYES. And yes...I still stand by my statement regarding all of the positive comments I immediately saw regarding the OP yet there was NO SOURCE as to where the story originated from as we went into page 2 of this thread.

Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Nothing wrong with a bit of love and hope, kiwi !

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

And it only took them...lets see....hmmm....10+ years the way I see it? Nah go spread that deceitful propaganda elsewhere as it is too little, too late in my book.

Who is ''them'' ?

Such unfounded cynicism and closed-mindedness, seriously can't be healthy for you.

Oh come on stop it! So you couldn't think of ANYTHING ELSE CLEVER TO SAY so you pulled out the "Oh I see it is THEM....ohhhhh please do tell who THEY are" blah blah blah

It is very clear who "THEY" are in reference to the VERY SMALL OP quoted article that was posted. With that...I won't be entertaining you in this thread so I suggest perhaps you GUESS who "they" are

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
NT,
why exactly were you there again?

just wonderin
edit on 7-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I don’t concede at all what’s said that it took Muslims 10 years to do something. That’s just not true. But if it where true then we still should rejoice when darkness turns to light.

I have known Muslim saints, scholars, and ordinary ones, believe me they are just like us.

Unfortunately though there is a group amongst the lowest level of thinkers [as there are always in any group] amongst them influenced by bad clerics who have fallen into the trap of ignorance and injustice. They claim to do these things for Islam, and what they must realize is that they have been and are the greatest enemies of Islam.

What we must understand is that for whatever reason there will be and are those amongst us who don’t want peace, understanding, and deliverance from extreme conflict.

It may be that a part of the human race is addicted to the intrique of it. Of course as long as it’s someone else . . . then who cares?

But in the world now we realize there is no longer “someone else” getting hurt.

We are coming closer to each other where we see the pain of others so closely and are becoming affected by it, either by direct involvement or empathy.

I think the enemy now may be that addiction to conflict

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandypie
It wasn't that long ago that women's liberation came to this country. A country mostly made of Christians. Don't be so quick to judge another, we are as a community on different locations of the same path. I personally do not prescribe to any religion. I see it as a form of separation the same as color, nationality, casts, human vs. nature and who we are as a part of the integral system of the grand creator. We are all one.

Hello, Sandypie, I notice that you have just joined today; welcome to ATS.

The great thing about ATS is that it has people with such a broad range of views and opinions, where you can probably find somebody who agrees or disagrees with you on just about anything.

Sadly, that includes people with staunch Islamophobic views.

The post of mine that you were replying to, was a sarcastic response to most of the cliched comments that are levelled against Muslims by Islamophobes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh good god.

You don't really care to respond anything do you? You just insult anyone, even if they give a decent argument.

Stop acting so... how do i put this... childlishly.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Oh come on stop it! So you couldn't think of ANYTHING ELSE CLEVER TO SAY so you pulled out the "Oh I see it is THEM....ohhhhh please do tell who THEY are" blah blah blah

Roughly translated as:

''I lump 1.5 billion Muslims into one single entity, so as I can use ''them'' as a scapegoat for all of the problems in my country and the rest of the world''...

Thanks for that.

It is very clear who "THEY" are in reference to the VERY SMALL OP quoted article that was posted. With that...I won't be entertaining you in this thread so I suggest perhaps you GUESS who "they" are

I was hoping that you may be able to provide us with a logical insight on ''them''.

But, as they say, ''a pessimist is never disappointed'', so my hope wasn't shattered that much...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
NT,
why exactly were you there again?

just wonderin
edit on 7-1-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Attached to JSOC and although I find it difficult to believe that you are asking me what I was doing there (as that should be obvious), I will satisfy your attempt to possibly "out" me as being a fraud and answer with I was attached to TF xxxxx (the name of my task force was and is still considered classified) conducting reconnaissance and surveillance utilizing specially configured P-3 Orion aircraft (AIP birds) with EO (electro optics) and global hawk/pred getting imagery while operating in 10x10 mile boxes we referred to as killboxes. I was there while it was called Operation Infinite Justice before it was determined that it was an insult to muslims/islam because only Allah is to be considered as "infinite" so they changed the name to Enduring Freedom (ask THAT question to any who claim to be first responders to the 9/11 attacks to see if they get it right).

You want the specs of the AN/60 L-3 Communications 2.3 Meter SHF dish that I operated in multiplex through FCC-100 with crypto fed through a KG-40/KIV-7 that I used for sending/receiving imagery as well as intelligence?

I was hit with a mortar round that landed approx 50 yards away that caused me to fly about 20 feet while trying to keep a 400 pound McKay radio suite from falling down on top of me and squeezed out both my L-4/L-5 and L-5/S-1 vertebrae discs.

And thats all I gotta say bout that. Hope I check out

NT

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm so very happy to hear this news!

This is the way a *significant* amount of the Mid-East functioned prior to 9/11 and, then, the subsequent US/ally invasions in the region. Muslims and Christians living side-by-side in the *majority* of countries, peacefully....

The only skepticism I feel at this point is the intentions of President Mubarak. Having visited Egypt in July for several weeks, his populace is discontent with him, and I hope that sending his sons is a true, good-will intention, and not one set up for the US puppet stage show....let us hope that it was with the right motives, not a show for the upcoming elections...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Beg pardon,
By "You"
my question was refering to why was the whole army you served with there.
I should have used a more accurate pro noun.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Good point. A friend of mine years ago, a good Muslim brother, got frightened out of his wits going to Egypt and being “questioned” by the authorities. Even Muslims get hit hard over there by the police, so your point is well taken.

Of course we Americans want Arab Muslim states to be real tough on the terrorists don’t we? So when we get a tough guy like Mubarak, absolutely un-democratic, but able and willing to crack any Muslameen daring to even look strange on the side of his head with the best of them.

Regarding this Arab Muslim thing, many don’t know where “terrorism” really started.

It began in earnest in the Algerian French colonial wars in the 50’s and 60’s. [Go read up on that conflict and you’ll learn a lot about terrorism. A horribly bitter and violent conflict if there ever was one— was that one! Those guys would make these terrorist today seem like girl scouts in comparison.

Though that war wasn’t about religion, but nationalism primarily, the other bogie man next to religion in our souls.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Did you ever stop to think about the reasons
the Armed Forces Of the United States of America
were in Iraq and Afghanistan destroying their infrastructure
their way of life,their hope,their dignity,their homes,their families ?
"They"only want to be left Alone. And "YOU" Sir, are the one who has fallen for the 'Propaganda'.
Wars based on LIES, there have been 1.3 million of 'THEM' murdered !
for what ? I'll tell you what for Sir, No Good Damn Reason.

Peace,to you.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The immediate comments that I see being made right after the OP is what scares me. You all aren't even just a bit skeptical after reading that article? I suggest you might read it again but this time without being so gullible and actually ask to see the OP put their SOURCE of the story in the post. And to realize who it is that is selling this piece of propaganda that apparently seems to have an effect of immediately pacifying the sheeple and programming them into accepting the next mosque that is to be built will be done so in their very back yard.

Geez no wonder this disease is infiltrating traditional Christian nations from the inside out at an amazing speed.

NT

My first thoughts exactly.

I wonder how many would be jumping on the bandwagon for a story about Jews guarding a muslim religious service?

No, the world is just a little too eager to put a happy face on the muslim religion when it needs to do so much more to earn it besides just one (if true) symbilic gesture.

That said, if this story IS proven to be true, then I will happily add my stars and flags ...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Many Egyptian Muslims did something Thursday they'd never done before: celebrated Christmas. A week after a terrorist bombing killed 21 Christians in Alexandria, thousands of Muslims attended Coptic Christmas Eve services or stood at candlelight vigils outside churches in a (successful) effort to prevent further attacks on Christians. According to Ahram Online, at least two Muslim movie stars, a popular preacher, and two sons of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak were among those who acted as human shields, saying they considered last week's bombing an attack "on Egypt as a whole."

The tragic murder of Christians in Egypt by so-called Muslims has turned into a scene of hope and inspiration. This is a chance at hope and unity of decent people of all faiths coming together and combating the lunatic murderous terrorists who exhibit the lowest form of human consciousness when they murder a sacred human being because of what they believe

Until we all realize that the Christian is the brother of the Muslims and the Muslim is the brother of the Jew and the Jew is the brother of the Christian and all are the brother of people of all faiths including our brother atheists, then we will always have bitter conflicts amongst the lowest level of thinkers.

As we are all each others Sisters as well!

We must tirelessly at every opportunity propagate the fundamental truth that we all can grasp . . . . And that is that we are all in the human family . . . we are one.

LINK????

I'd love to pass this story on. Really amazing!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IamLael

Link on the 3rd post

OP, thank you for bringing hope and positivism to this board.
Of course, the Dark Knights will soon invade this thread with their poisonous politics and bigotry.

Peace to the Jews
Peace to the Muslims
Peace to the Christians
Peace to the atheists
Peace to everyone

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Many Egyptian Muslims did something Thursday they'd never done before: celebrated Christmas. A week after a terrorist bombing killed 21 Christians in Alexandria, thousands of Muslims attended Coptic Christmas Eve services or stood at candlelight vigils outside churches in a (successful) effort to prevent further attacks on Christians. According to Ahram Online, at least two Muslim movie stars, a popular preacher, and two sons of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak were among those who acted as human shields, saying they considered last week's bombing an attack "on Egypt as a whole."

The tragic murder of Christians in Egypt by so-called Muslims has turned into a scene of hope and inspiration. This is a chance at hope and unity of decent people of all faiths coming together and combating the lunatic murderous terrorists who exhibit the lowest form of human consciousness when they murder a sacred human being because of what they believe

Until we all realize that the Christian is the brother of the Muslims and the Muslim is the brother of the Jew and the Jew is the brother of the Christian and all are the brother of people of all faiths including our brother atheists, then we will always have bitter conflicts amongst the lowest level of thinkers.

As we are all each others Sisters as well!

We must tirelessly at every opportunity propagate the fundamental truth that we all can grasp . . . . And that is that we are all in the human family . . . we are one.

Starred and Flagged!

This brings hope. This is a wonderful story. Thank you for this.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

From what the guy in the article said it sounds like they aren't defending -Christians- per say, they're more so defending their fellow countrymen.

According to Ahram Online, at least two Muslim movie stars, a popular preacher, and two sons of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak were among those who acted as human shields, saying they considered last week's bombing an attack "on Egypt as a whole."

edit on 7-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join