It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will 'Birther' Debate End?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
No, I don't, I just read that somewhere, but to me, that's not the point. If this was all from one crazy homeless guy standing on a street corner with a sign saying "wheres the birth certificate?", then I think everyone would not even care, and I think most people don't care(about anything), but it would not even be an issue. But it's not like that, Military officers have brought this up, many people have, so what's the intention? Why create further divide and mistrust? Why not just show it, and be done with it? Because it hasn't happened, makes me wonder why?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
No, I don't, I just read that somewhere

And that's how birther lies are spread. Someone reads it on some worthless blog and repeats in on ATS. All of a sudden, all the birthers start latching onto it and repeating it.

Where did the birther conspiracy start? You say it wasn't some homeless guy on the street corner. How do you know? Truth is, no one knows exactly. For all we know, it could have been some homeless guy on the street corner. If a Hillary supporter saw that and got an idea... It sure could plant doubts in many people's minds.

The reason Obama doesn't cater to these people is probably because he thinks they're nuts.
There's a portion of US citizens who think the Earth is flat, too. Who cares? What good would it do to try to convince them otherwise? They've seen the science and still don't believe it. They remind me of birthers.

Flat Earth Society

For the most part, the birthers are a bunch of people who don't like Obama's policies OR him and they've latched onto this crazy idea as a way to get him out of office. No matter WHAT Obama shows them, they will not believe it. So why SHOULD he cater to them?
edit on 1/5/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Hawaiian governor wants to put president's birth debate to rest.

I just thought to poke a dead horse one more time and post this, this came up on December 30, 2010 and is from FOX News.

What's fun is going to see what FOX News fans who also believe that Obama is some Kenyan born charlatan will say about this.

Even FOX News doesn't believe this nonsense.

But the new Hawaiian governor wants to settle this once and for all, personally I think it's a political ploy to make the GOP look bad. I don't think that he should mess with this dead horse. But if he wants to, I guess he could have asked the POTUS when he was in Hawaii. But I really don't see the point.

Did you miss the first 30 seconds of your own video?

Well the hawaiian gov wants to look into it and release documents?

And the Democrats come out With:

"OH NO PLEASE DON'T BOTHER ITS NOT WORTH IT"?

Yeah that freakin helps your argument(side)

edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: theword "argument"added for clarity...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Radio show call from detroit to the kenyan embassy
Kenyans are celbrating the 2008 U.S. presidential election with a national holiday ( day off)...

www.hickoryhammockbaptist.org...

I guess his excellancy could conceivably be "j-dog" down at the local "8 mile" corner store.(?)

Yup; nutters...Why there's absolutely no reason to press this issue.

lookingup Peter Ogeko ( 2008 kenyan ambassador to the U.S.) theres quite a few links
edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Well Tingles is pushing for the Birth Certificate.

Are you going to start calling Tingles a birther?

Whatever-www.breitbart.tv...

edit to add, yeah the debate will end when Obama attempts to run in 4 states that are requiring evidence of eligibility. Wonder if the fact that having one parent not a US citizen, does not allot him the status of Natural Born Citizen. Oh well, would that not be a hoot. I am sure the argument will become then, that anyone should be able to be president, even Putin.

edit on 4-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

No; close though; "Arnie the Governator!!!"

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey, you know what? I read somewhere that the Earth was only 6000 years old! I guess it must be true! Despite all the science against the idea, just because I vaguely remember something I read somewhere I cant source it must be the absolute truth.

No credible news agency actually believes this nonsense, but I don't think it's bad that Obama is just ignoring these people. The nuttier they get the worse the right looks. It's a brilliant plan, all he has to do is get the next presidential candidate to come out as a birther and their candidacy will be irreparably damaged.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Do not be so dismissive. Have you not learned to be open to the obvious possibilities? People been askin' 'bout that 6000 year old Earth and flat Earth stuff for quite a while now. There must be something to it or else there would not still be people asking questions.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The nuttier they get the worse the right looks. It's a brilliant plan, all he has to do is get the next presidential candidate to come out as a birther and their candidacy will be irreparably damaged.

I think it is a plan. There are four states that will require proof of citizenship to be on their ballot in 2012. I think that's Abercrombie's motivation. He wants those four states. But I will laugh my ass off when he presents them with the short form and they accept it.

He may also be wanting to highlight the insanity of this movement. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Radio show call from detroit to the kenyan embassy

When your source refers to itself as "the butt mic" after making fart noises,
am I supposed to keep listening as if I should take it seriously?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

For the most part, the birthers are a bunch of people who don't like Obama's policies OR him and they've latched onto this crazy idea as a way to get him out of office. No matter WHAT Obama shows them, they will not believe it. So why SHOULD he cater to them?

Birthers are atually people who got their info from sources other than MSM and realised that all of Obongo's formative yrs were spent outside of Mainland USA, being raised as an Indonesian Musllim learning the quran in arabic by heart - and then being raised and mentored by America-hating communist party members. that all of the helping hands that propelled him into the whithouse were marxists, islamiicits, terrorists, criminals, racists, America -haters, revolutionaries etc.

Birthers are people who can clearly see that Obama is not culturally an American - his loyalties are to international Marrxism, Islam and anyone except white people - and this is preciseley what the 'natural born clause' was placed there to avoid.

Fortunately - he does not technically qualify as 'natural born' - even though he may be a US citizen.

And yes Obama does have to PROOVE he is 'natual born' he is probably the only person in the states that does!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Birthers are people who can clearly see that Obama is not culturally an American - his loyalties are to international Marrxism, Islam and anyone except white people - and this is preciseley what the 'natural born clause' was placed there to avoid.

Emphasis mine.

Birthers! Red alert. Damage control needed now! One of your ilk has forgotten to leave their Klan hood in the closet. Please come and remind him this is
NOT ABOUT RACE
NOT ABOUT RACE
NOT ABOUT RACE

Tsk tsk. Retraining camp for you!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think Obama does have questionable tendencies in regards to how he may views whites. He was a member for over 20 years in a blackist "church" that glorified known racists like Farrakhan. So, does Obama have an anti-white racist viewpoint? I don't know, maybe a little, he did throw his white granny under the buss.

But to the birthers, so called, it is not abour race when it's about his questionable place of birth. I do not believe this topic/concern would be an issue if Colin Powell was president. Obama's childhood, parents, political and "religious" affiliations bring these concerns up, not his skin tone.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I think Obama does have questionable tendencies in regards to how he may views whites.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwe snappp!
It's gettin all kinds of crazy up in this b!
Seems like time to draw that line. Are you going to circle the wagons or light the crosses?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hey, you know what? I read somewhere that the Earth was only 6000 years old! I guess it must be true! Despite all the science against the idea, just because I vaguely remember something I read somewhere I cant source it must be the absolute truth.

No credible news agency actually believes this nonsense, but I don't think it's bad that Obama is just ignoring these people. The nuttier they get the worse the right looks. It's a brilliant plan, all he has to do is get the next presidential candidate to come out as a birther and their candidacy will be irreparably damaged.

"touche'"
I don't KNOW; and I wouldn't bet a large sum of money anymore,I never thought it would go on this long ( either viewpoint.)

added: Guess we'll haveto wait to see if they run him in 2012.

edit on 5-1-2011 by 46ACE because: added...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I think Obama does have questionable tendencies in regards to how he may views whites.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwe snappp!
It's gettin all kinds of crazy up in this b!
Seems like time to draw that line. Are you going to circle the wagons or light the crosses?

Obama was a member of a black racist church for over 20 years that gave awards to Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam. If anyone is going to light a cross, it would be Obama. If he did not have certain ideas about whites, then why would he have been in this cult for so long?

I mean, if McCain was a mamber of the Klan for 20 years, that gave awards to David Duke, yet when questioned about this, he said he was asleep during the meetings, or never heard such things, then well, you get my point.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

This is why I love birther threads, no sourcing, just wild accusations and incriminations. No proof is ever offered, if it is, it's from WND.

So, pray tell, how do you know the church that Obama attended for 20 years is racist and gave awards to Farrakhan?

Did you read it somewhere, is this just a WND rumor? Anything substantial to prove this? And even if it is true that Obama attended a racist church for 20 years, what does that have to do with his citizenship?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Obama was a member of a black racist church for over 20 years that gave awards to Farrakhan of the Nation of Islam. If anyone is going to light a cross, it would be Obama. If he did not have certain ideas about whites, then why would he have been in this cult for so long?

An unfounded, unsourced, unsubstantiated claim about Obama from a birther? Say it ain't so! I thought you guys demanded all kinds of proof of everything. Before I can even begin to consider your silly justification for lighting up the cross in here, I am going to need to something in the form of a paper. Maybe a long one too.

I mean, if McCain was a mamber of the Klan for 20 years, that gave awards to David Duke, yet when questioned about this, he said he was asleep during the meetings, or never heard such things, then well, you get my point.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is not "hearsay" in regards to Obama's past racist Church and it's reverence to Farrakhan. It's documented fact.
Here are two links:
sweetness-light.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

I can't believe you are even questioning this, this has been well known for many years.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Strange how the elligibilists demand documented proof of every assertion made - even thoughit it may be common knowledge - yet when it comes to obama proving that he is natural born, thier excuses range from:

he doesn't have to - he is entitled to his privacy - it is racist to even ask - someone must have done it allready - the constitution doesn't matter - its too late, get over it - nobody cares - it's only a fringe issue - if it was real MSM would be all over it - Hillary would have dealt with it - M'Cain was foreign born anyway - Other presidents wern't asked to show theirs.

Everything except - yeah sure 6 out of 10 people have doubts about an issue as serious as this and he is after all the 'most transparent president' ever - he could make a phone call and have this silly misunderstanding resolved in a couple of hours.

And you wonder why 60% of Americans draw the commonsense conclusion - this all stinks to high heaven!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This is not "hearsay" in regards to Obama's past racist Church and it's reverence to Farrakhan. It's documented fact.
Here are two links:
sweetness-light.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

I can't believe you are even questioning this, this has been well known for many years.

I guess I missed it in your links. Can you help me find the part that documents as fact that Barak Obama goes to a racist church and therefore has shown to have racist feelings himself? Your post does put forth more than just "the church gave farakkan an award." Backing up part of your claim does not prove the whole claim. The church can give awards to anyone they like. How does that prove as fact the church and Obama are racist?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join