It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to marines on how to respond to protestors!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So if you are pro-war you are educated right ?
I also believe that most pro-war doesn't look for real evidence, but just repeat what they are told.

[Edited on 19-3-2003 by TigeriS]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yip, strange how all the intelligent and educated people I know are against it, and the not so bright ones support it....
Must be the standard of education of where you come from I suppose....

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I was watching a program on TV where a reporter was interviewing protesters and I was amazed how uninformed they were. Some of the responses that people were giving as to why they were joining these protests were "it was fun", "to get out of class or work", "not really sure, just want peace". How do you protest something you know nothing about?

www.maxpages.com...
That is your answer.....
Btw if u believe in ALL what u see on tv, is normal that u have just 1 point of view....
And btw TV in america is controlled by 4 companies

-Disney-CAP Cities-ABC
-Time-Warner-Turner
-Murdoch News Corp
-General Electric-NBC

U should now that if 4 are controlling 80% of magazines, newspapers, radio stations, tv stations,
how much objectivity do you expect from it?

I just think that the Police state and Army state is coming, they are telling to the marines to hit ppl for want peace and not be against a massacre...
And they do it with violence, but they want to show
that they are in this war "for Peace matters".....
I think it is too much hipocrisy and it is time to do something about it.
-

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I said:

"I don't think that many of us doubt that there are plenty of protesters who are extremely educated about the issues.... "

In other words, I was saying that I think there are plenty of protesters who are very educated on the issues.

Try actually reading the post before attacking...hmm....

[Edited on 19-3-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR

I was watching a program on TV where a reporter was interviewing protesters and I was amazed how uninformed they were. Some of the responses that people were giving as to why they were joining these protests were "it was fun", "to get out of class or work", "not really sure, just want peace". How do you protest something you know nothing about?

www.maxpages.com...
That is your answer.....
Btw if u believe in ALL what u see on tv, is normal that u have just 1 point of view....
And btw TV in america is controlled by 4 companies

-Disney-CAP Cities-ABC
-Time-Warner-Turner
-Murdoch News Corp
-General Electric-NBC

U should now that if 4 are controlling 80% of magazines, newspapers, radio stations, tv stations,
how much objectivity do you expect from it?

I just think that the Police state and Army state is coming, they are telling to the marines to hit ppl for want peace and not be against a massacre...
And they do it with violence, but they want to show
that they are in this war "for Peace matters".....
I think it is too much hipocrisy and it is time to do something about it.
-

If 4 companies really control 80% ... i mean if thats a fact ... then theyre prone to oligopolistic collusion ..

recall econ classes

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
But your analogy bears very little relation to what is going on in the world right now.

Where does America's vetoing of UN resolutions regarding Israel come into it? Who is the WTO, and who is the IMF? Who is going o play the part of America's double standards on trade and foreign policy?

Terrorists have reasons for their actions, and maybe we should try do do something about them.

Just as a footnote, a few weeks ago the Afghani president went to plea for more money from GWB for his bankrupt country. He got $50 million, which is the cost of roughly an hour of war on Iraq (at the suggested value of $1 billion per day, which is generally accepted) $30 million of which had to be spent on a 5 star hotel in Kabul!!!! And the west as a whole has paid a fraction of the cost of rebuilding Afghanistan.

But we never hear the numbers that are needed, just the x millions spent, which means nothing at the end of the day.

And now Afghanistan is conviently out of the news, it seems the international community has failed to pay up when it comes to its rebuilding. Funny that. Wonder if it'll happen again?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Yip, strange how all the intelligent and educated people I know are against it, and the not so bright ones support it....

Or just the people you know.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wonder if it'll happen again?

Excuse me, but it happens all the time

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

Or just the people you know.

Well i agree with kegs,
i had the same case till now, really weird ppl will say that this has a sense for us... Just makes sense for elitists........
Wake up america!

dom

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would have to agree with kegs statement, haven't met any pro-war English people in the past few months. I've heard of them, but just never met them.

I'm sure pro-war people do exist, The Sun is full of pro-war rubbish (and it really is rubbish), so there will no doubt be some thickies who are pro-war.

I've also seen some pro-war people on TV actually, but never in person.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius

So you admit american TV is biased ?

It is biased toward making a profit.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So you admit american TV is biased ?

Everyone holds a bias. No matter how hard you try to be objective it is impossible.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
what about oligopolistic collusion ?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

what about oligopolistic collusion ?

I think this is unavoidable sice we have a handful of companies controling a huge number of outlets. I agree, however, with William that the bottom line for American Media is profit not necessarily telling the whole story.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
oh... wow... Karl knows big words... he must be smart.

"oligopolositc collusion"

hmm...

By this phrase, and context of the previous messages, you seem to feel there are only a few people who actually have the "news" and by their collaborative actions, determine which news is distributed to the general public.

Is this your meaning? A simplistic, neo-conspiracist view of media and information dissemination?

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Is this your meaning? A simplistic, neo-conspiracist view of media and information dissemination?

no, i believe the propaganda is actually being done using roughly the methods of the nazi, a distributed model of thought control, where everyone watches his neighbour and comforts him in the views that he would like to hear because he doesnt like to be discomforted himself. It can be views on particular subjects "Saddam is evil" or on more elaborate things like "i found that speech on 9/11 downright honest" or "gotta back the prez on that one". If backed with 80% information that dont need to prove 100%, but just 51%(=rumors) of these views, (like aliminium tubes, rumors about gassings etc..) there will be of course people disagreeing, but more and more ppl enforcing the official doctrine, since its easier to do so. They would be confronted with emotional discomfort if they didnt.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

no, i believe the propaganda is actually being done using roughly the methods of the nazi, a distributed model of thought control, where everyone watches his neighbour and comforts him in the views that he would like to hear because he doesnt like to be discomforted himself. It can be views on particular subjects "Saddam is evil" or on more elaborate things like "i found that speech on 9/11 downright honest" or "gotta back the prez on that one". If backed with 80% information that dont need to prove 100%, but just 51%(=rumors) of these views, (like aliminium tubes, rumors about gassings etc..) there will be of course people disagreeing, but more and more ppl enforcing the official doctrine, since its easier to do so. They would be confronted with emotional discomfort if they didnt.

Yeah, the only thing to say is that it is time to stop
this hipocrisy that is covering the planet.....(i don't refer
to anyone here, it's in general terms)

tr

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am a veteran. USAF. 10 years. I aint no communist. I aint no peacnik. Peace just for peace. There's a time to have a war. And good reasons.

But don't ever forget that there are big liars and warpigs and money grubbin A-holes who are manipulating this world for profit. We all got to be wary for times like that.

I was very distrustful of our government at the time 911 happened. thieves in government. Total power breeds total corruption. Gotta watch out for it.

The treatment of disrespect for France is one example of a rude crowd in washington. If your not for us your against us.

Newspaper articles all the sudden throw up that france has sold Iraq weapons in the past. exocet missiles for example. Gee so did the USA so did Britain. It seems so damned hypocritical.

This isn't the USA the world respects. France sent us the statue of liberty after ww2. Maybe they should just send us a statue with a big outstrectched middle finger now.

I don't know why Bush acts like he does. Commander in thief is how he comes off.

Maybe he just reacting to things I don't see, not being privy to top secret reports and all. I don't have to be a peacenik to object to this war, this time.

I was upset we went to war with the UN to liberate Iraq without capuring Saddam in desert storm. I assisted with operation southern watch in the no fly zones. I am ready to be done with this Military presence in the middle east. I know I'd be sick and tired of it if I had stayed in the military.

I get to thinking about how bush and his buddies supplied all the military equipment to these people in the first place-all the leaders of the western world were wanting contracts with Iraq. In other words- don't start no sh-t, and there wont be no sh--t.

And who always ends up fighting these damed wars- the little guys. And when I left the military, I was treated poorly by America and the VA ain't the most helpful bunch. I understand its quite common.

Did you here about the man who was affected by agent orange in wietnam. Doctors say they know they can help him with new treatments, the government acknowledges his agent orange exposure but won't help him.
So all you "gung-ho" lets support the troops with your jokes about marines responding to peaceniks---- remember kent state university and the students who died there at the hands of soldiers and the similarity to Red square China. piss off. I work with a POW who ate bugs and he feels the same way. Treat those with respect who hold the other opinion from you or face the same.

Turn everyone who disagrees with shrub into a terrorist. You will leave them with no choice.

That's what democracy is supposed to prevent. Give everyone a voice. (Thats what Bush says he wants to bring to Iraq) Make their votes count.

Not like in Florida in 2000. no Im not a democrat. Not anymore. two party system my butt.

If thats the case how is it I or my parents had never heard of prescott bush (our presidents grandfather) having assets seized for trading with the enemy (nazis) in ww2? And how did it come to be that we have this man sire 2 presidents? You would have thought the democrats would have brought that up when running against them!!

Our schools and media are FINE EDUCATORS. Not! And Bush wants more testing of students!! Why ???

And public enemy #1 is DRUGS???? I don't think so.

Did you see the new commercials about marijuana??? 1 in 3 pulled over for eratic driving were using marijuana. Big whoop! 2 of three were not! And they did not say how many of those were drunk or using prescription drugs! Manipulate and lie. How many of those were using cell phones or having sex.???

I for one have new found respect for the Dixie Chicks> At least they got balls enough to say they are ashamed of Bush!
They apologized later saying the president should be respected.

Well if thats true, why wont Bush apologize to the leaders of the world who he disrespects. He is always saying that everyone has the right to dissent-thats what americas all about. I guess its ok for the USA people dissent. He can just ignore them. (Like Tony Blair does his people)

Dissent from other countries Dubya can't handle.

I'm just as upset with the UN sh-t as anyone. Especially the U.N. Man in the biosphere program( read about that from the John Birch society. ) I'll agree with them about alot of worrying issues, but they won't understand that drug prohibition is destroying this nation faster than the drugs will, so I won't give them my money support. Bye-

[Edited on 19-3-2003 by tr]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ah, Heck, I'm convinced. Let's call the whole thing off.

If we can't prove 100% beyond a doubt someone or some country is taking part in taking us down, let's not attack.

No matter what, we can't believe anything we read hear or see, so unless a terrorist or an agent of another country waving credentials shoves a bomb up our arses, we cannot do a thing. And even then, the agent may be a double agent who is actually working for the CIA.

Whatever we do, let's believe despots and tyrants first and U.S. Presidents last. Especially those who are the cleanest in years. That's only a cover. Especially those those freaky Christians, they're just trying to set up a religious government.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thomas,

Do you believe the evidence provided by US Governement to the US public and to the united nations was a case for going into iraq ?

Do you believe the evidence was sincere ?

Do you believe that was all the intelligence US and UK got ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join