It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State - Illegal to Record On-Duty Police Officers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by captaintyinknots

If this is an intimidation tactic as you claim, how would you explain these mobile police guard post popping up through out the country?

link: www.youtube.com...

I dont understand what you are trying to get at here?

it is an intimidation tactic because the majority of any cases like this will get thrown out of court, but the camera in question will be in custody long enough for the images to be erased.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There is an interesting concept regarding the citizen obeying the law.

When the citizen refuses to Voluntary submit to the law, the law is unable to enforce the law.
YOU MUST VOLENTARY SUBMIT.

For an example lets look at a law each of us break on a daily basis.
SPEED LIMIT laws.
Each of us violate speed limit laws on a daily basis. Sure every once in a while we may get a traffic ticket, but for the most part we all get away with breaking the law everyday. The enforcement of the speed limit laws are not possible just because we as citizens refuse to Voluntary submit to the law on a mass scale.

This holds true with every law on the books- You as the citizen Must Voluntary Submit.

Do YOU Submit ?

Slave? Or Free Man?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
Can some one please show me the LAW / S that say you cant do it ?

In the UK it was implemented at the start of 2009 as part of Section 76 of the Counter Terrorism Act.

UK: UK Terror Law to Make Photographing Police Illegal

UK: Is it a crime to take pictures?

The BBC of course said not to worry, it'll never come up except in very exceptional cases - meanwhile photographers all across London are being harassed and detained:

I am looking for the laws that they mention regarding Illinois, Massachusetts, and Maryland. It appears that 12 states in 1969 added 2-party consent laws dealing with audio recordings and the three mentioned were part of the 12 but have since passed additional laws - but it could be that they are the states actively pushing the redefinition of the current wiretap laws to cover any and all types of recording (even in public) and applying it unequally to involve only police officers on duty.

The UK law shows where we are headed though. With these multiple 1000 page bills being passed without anyone reading them on Christmas day and the like it might have already been passed and nobody know yet.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

I'd like to know what compelling reason was given from these legislatures when passing these horrific bills in to law. It is as if the camera really is the new gun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac01c10e472a.jpg[/atsimg]

its so they can do whatever they want to you and all you have is your criminal word against they who would be gods.
Welcome to your new world people. You hated the Constitution so much you lost it.
So now your only defense will be lack of witnesses.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

These security measures are for your own protection, citizen. If you have any complaints, please feel free to forward them to the blunt end of a law enforcement officer's nightstick.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, I have been shopping at a place that has really tiny cameras (microcams), and they work great. I am in the U.S. at this time, and there are a number of really good choices of products available. Color, infrared, old black & white, you name it. Always have one in your vehicle, and on your person. The digital quality nowadays cannot be beat. Good luck over there in the UK.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Perfectly legal to film the police in the UK on your own or public property. They don't like it and some are ill informed enough to think it's not allowed but it is! Of course if there is a building or installation like the American Embassy nearby, they may try and make it look like you are doing something against the anti terrorist laws, but generally they have to accept they can be filmed.

There's a lot of footage on You-tube of UK police being heavy handed, which is good, they should play by the rules like everyone else!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Its an intimidation tactic, and one that I cant believe will hold up for scrutiny.

Personally, I believe what needs to happen is that citizens need to start carrying cameras that can stream directly to the internet. Arrest all you want, but once somethings on the net theres no taking it back.

Have you visited YouTube lately. More removals than garbage day lately.
People they are looking to make sure you have no defense against them. Plus they are defending their educational training bottom line - most costly to train and educate a replacement while someone is on sensitivity training.
No, this is worse still - because you will be arrested. It doesn't matter what you shot. You could have the cop's gun going off, white flash and blood spray from where the cop held a gun to a baby's head. YOU, NOT THE COP, WILL GO TO JAIL.
Now go back and view all those police brutality clips folks, they will be gone soon and you will be too.
No freedom for cowards and we have turned into the biggest of cowards.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

but is an ACT written law or written "policy that might become law if no one objects throu court and is used as a guide line for future references "

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

This is a real oldie but goodie

This goes way back, before the UnPatriot Act. And it was designed to stop the Police
from being caught being Unlawful in their duties.

I Believe this was direct result of the Rodney King Incident, to prevent that from happening again.
There were similar deals in the UK and Oz

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is typical if what is going on at the moment rights are being removed left right and center and nobody does anything to stop it. Nobody cares, nobody really sees much of a problem.

It's pretty much the 5 Monkeys allegory, perfectly illustrated.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These thugs will make up the rules as they go along so they can continue to lord it over all of us. The video camera was seen as a threat to their 'our word against yours and we're the police' mentality. So now they just pass a law that basically allows them to operate as they did before and often do. Violence first, questions later.

The disgrace is that oppressive laws like this get voted into law in the first place? It goes without saying the public didnt propose, lobby, or vote for these laws. but of course TPTB know better than we do whats good for us dont they? let's just let them do all our thinking for us ! We can all sleep soundly and ignorantly in our beds

The UK has had this asinine law for some time now. One of many reasons I was glad I dont live there anymore. Now to see it happening in the USA doesent surprise me. They seem to be trying to invent as many new crimes as possible. It's getting scary. I want to go and live in the mountains. I'm nae joking !

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Its an intimidation tactic, and one that I cant believe will hold up for scrutiny.

Personally, I believe what needs to happen is that citizens need to start carrying cameras that can stream directly to the internet. Arrest all you want, but once somethings on the net theres no taking it back.

Have you visited YouTube lately. More removals than garbage day lately.
People they are looking to make sure you have no defense against them. Plus they are defending their educational training bottom line - most costly to train and educate a replacement while someone is on sensitivity training.
No, this is worse still - because you will be arrested. It doesn't matter what you shot. You could have the cop's gun going off, white flash and blood spray from where the cop held a gun to a baby's head. YOU, NOT THE COP, WILL GO TO JAIL.
Now go back and view all those police brutality clips folks, they will be gone soon and you will be too.
No freedom for cowards and we have turned into the biggest of cowards.

They can remove the vids, but the vids still exist, which is the point.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If we try to form a revolution against the commie laws, well that would be disasterous in I doubt we could achieve anything but prison time. However if we rally together as a whole unified citizen, stage rallys, petitions ect,ect. We can start to make a change. Also people of america we the people vote in the senate, the congress and the house of representative. the ones up on capital hill started from a beggining at one time with ZERO expereince right? We can change this # without breaking the law and facing prison. remember they think they are ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Can you post the code section please? The poster is incorrect and the information is flawed.
In order to record ANYONE in these states you need the consent of both parties. In the state I reside
it is one party consent. Law enforcement is exempt from the recording code because of officer safety and legal reasons.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Another words this law is not written for law enforcement it is a blanket law to protect the privacy of people who wish it. This includes everyone on here

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
We live in a garbage police state where they run the drugs but arrest you and throw you into slave labor prisons for using them. They tell you that you have to buy those nasty compact fluorescents but we have had Tesla zero point energy for over 50 years! IT's all a scam. Everything they told you in school was a lie. Little Johnny can't grow up to be the next puppet President unless he was in Skull and Bones or was picked by the CFR!

That's why ALL of you need to be getting 5000 friends on FB and posting these ATS articles to everybody on the planet so we can turn it around! WE can do it if WE work together. Alex Jones has been kicking butt he can't do it alone. Get spirit of freedom inside you and go CRAZY out there! And if you spread truth on Facebook, friend me, my name is my handle here!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Your exactly right. These legislators are passing laws that violate the Constitution, the law of the land. As far as I am concerned, I believe this is treason. The wholesale selling of our nation to corporations and the elistest snobs has got to be stopped. If they can't see or don't care what they doing, then we need to either open their eyes or apply some tall tree and short rope justice to them. Respond in kind.

edit on 4-1-2011 by yrwehere1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

The source is lieing,these states have not made this law...the police have tried to charge these people under existing statutes...The courts...as they're supposed to....are hearing the cases....Most Likely...the charges will be tossed...No conspiracy here just cops being cops.....move along.....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There is a solution to tyranny. Join the Alarm and Muster.

Just as paul revere went on his famous ride to warn of the British seizing powder stores, The Alarm and Muster has picked up where those fine patriots left off. Where Alarm riders spread word from town to town in one night with technoligy we can contact a nation in just minutes.

Sorry I digressed. As far as the Police and TSA are concerned:

Record them and post for the world to see, have friends recording you doing it as well. Use technoligy such as ustream to stream it live to the internet and have it recorded. We can win and get our nation back from these tyrants!

It all starts local and it all ends local.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I visited Canada one time, and the customs people were all over the fact that I had 2 video cameras. They were also concerned about junk I had picked off the highway during traffic jams, such as large china made truck hubcaps and stuff that would only cause harm if left sitting on the road. But yeah, the cameras brought their pea brains to a near boiling point. Finally I realized they were acting out on the post 911 programming necessary to land them their jobs. I'm thinking Mexico. Find some little native who never had a wifi scrambling her eggs, then dig out an underground place to live. Music, sun, what more does one need? Oh, water. That's right, we need that. Right senators lieberman, mccain?

On another note, outside a $tarbuck$ I watched a cop pour out a soda and then leave the can on the street before he started to drive off. He saw that I was watching him and this made him get out of his car and approach me in an aggressive manner. For whatever reason he turned back and collected his can, which was nice.

So now, if you film it, it's a problem?

Want to know what's coming? Flying cars. Only the cops will get them, which will be timed nicely to recruit new police workers. Think you're good enough to be one of us??? Police state...stasei.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join