It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 80 feared dead after boats capsize off Yemen coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

More than 80 feared dead after boats capsize off Yemen coast

news.blogs.cnn.com

More than 80 people are feared drowned after two boats capsized off the coast of Yemen, the coast guard in Aden said Monday.

Yemen's Interior Ministry confirmed the incident on their state-run news site, adding that the two boats capsized in two different accidents and at two different sites.

According to a report on the official website of Yemen’s ruling party, three survivors have been recovered, all Somalis, from a boat that carried 46 people. The second boat was believed to have 35 to 40 people aboard. Most of those missing are thought to be from Ethiopia.

Search efforts were u
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Uh oh. Hopefully it's not the alledged stargate at work. Maybe this area is turning into the new Bermuda triangle. I still haven't made up my mind one way or the other about the goings on off the Gulf of Aden. I mean, I'm sure there are magnetic anomolies all over the planet...maybe this area is just another one.

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

You know its some weird sh!t going on over there when Navy officials meet from Iran and the US meet over some "piracy" issues

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE
reply to post by peter_kandra

You know its some weird sh!t going on over there when Navy officials meet from Iran and the US meet over some "piracy" issues

Wow...22 countries in attendance. I would love to have been a fly on the wall during that meeting..

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I realize that many of these boats are overcrowded with fleeing refuges, BUT 2 boats "capsize" at the same time?? I checked the weather there and I can't seem to find where the weather had anything to do with it. All seems calm, fair with winds about 14-15 knots...no gusts. So WHY did both of them capsize?? Or were they purposely sunk? Just asking.

new topics

top topics

join