It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Wheeler - Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

John Wheeler - Dead

Police ask for help about victim found dead in Cherry Island landfill

Police ask for help about victim found dead in Cherry Island landfill
January 3, 2011

Newark Police are asking for the public's help in trying to solve the homicide of a man found in the Cherry Island landfill on New Year's Eve.

The victim has been identified as 66 year old John Wheeler of the 100 block of West Third Street in New Castle. A trash worker discovered Wheeler's body in a trash bin. He had last been seen Tuesday as he took an Amtrak train from Washington to Wilmington.

The News Journal reports Wheeler was a defense consultant. He was a Vietnam veteran and served se
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on January 3rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is breaking on FOX News right now.

I am still trying to find sources online to post here.

John Wheeler has been found dead in a garbage dump in Deleware. It is being ruled a Homicide.

Who is John Wheeler? Click here for his full BIO

John Wheeler is a defense consultant. He served as the Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force, Washington, D.C. from 2005-2008, when he became the Special Assistant to the Acting Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Logistics and Environment. His mission was to carry out tasks and monitor programs in support of goals as directed, and support the Air Force Secretariat with data gathering, team organization, liaison, analysis and/or options for action. Principal tasks included standing up Cyberspace Forces and placing Precision Strike technology and Real Time Streaming Video targeting links into the hands of groundfighters in combat.

Click on "who is John Wheeler" for more about this man.

Is someone trying to shut him up due to his background, present positions, knowledge? Or was it just a random act of violence. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

He was last seen getting off an Amtrak train from Washington at the Wilmington, DE, station this past Tuesday night; then, as a gruesome and cryptic local story Recounts, his body was found nearby in a landfill on New Year's Eve. Source.

He had been gone a number of days.

Sorry I do not have much more info....the news is still developing - it is literally breaking news! Aas soon as I find more sources....I will post here. I could only find one little obsure site with some info. But they are reporting about it on FOX News.

Source
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA more sources:

John P. Wheeler - murdered
Former Bush Aid - Found Dead
John Wheeler Murder: Delaware Police Investigating Death Of Ex-Reagan, Bush Aide

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
well you know the industry takes care of their own. its called terminal leave

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Did you have something specific in mind when you asked the question..."Did someone want to shut him up?" Shut him up about what exactly? Or was that just a general question because of his position?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Did you have something specific in mind when you asked the question..."Did someone want to shut him up?" Shut him up about what exactly? Or was that just a general question because of his position?

Due to his position. He served under 3 presidents. Former Secretary to the Air Force. Just throwing it out there that maybe due to his position, background and knowledge, he was murdered.

News is still developing on this.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, his background isn't really jumping out at me as someone that would need to be "shut up" about anything. The murder is very 1980s style mafia, so thinking this may have been something a bit more low level. He has a very distinguished career, but in some pretty safe and conspiracy free areas overall. wanting to have good software for the airforce...

I guess we could stretch it alot and suggest he may have been alerted to some sort of big brother move about net neutrality or some such and was about to go public, but ya...thats stretching things outside of his general domain.

Still...however he ended up dying, what a horrible way to go. All those years of service and just literally thrown away as an end.. At least he was found verses just MIA forever.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sometimes a murder is just a murder.
I don't think we should speculate about this before facts come out.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustCurious1

Well Kennedy was just murdered. Lincoln was murdered too.

But yea, we should wait for more details.

I would like to know if his wallet is missing. Granted there are people out there who murder for sport, but I think they tend to stick with people who the public will forget about or don't know about, and who are not big names. If you kill someone like this, you better realize that justice will come to you quicker than if you were some bozo killing grandma for her pain meds.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian

Due to his position. He served under 3 presidents. Former Secretary to the Air Force. Just throwing it out there that maybe due to his position, background and knowledge, he was murdered.

News is still developing on this.

Green

he always had someone watching over him, these people do not simply stroll along their daily lives as you and I.

The question posed, is why was he left alone ?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Not at this level. Conceal in plain view...oh yes..lets not forget, the story to break more than likely be a robbery gone wrong.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Updates:

He was never reported missing - even though he was last seen, last Tues.

Fox reporting on it right now with new info.

Investigators trying to determine if it was a random act of violence....or a hit. Police said that random acts of violence do not usually involve dumping a body like this. They are working on a timeline now.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Let's see, speculation wise what would he know being in the upper echelons of the Air Force...

Well there is always Project Blue Book, technical details of the Predator Drones like frequencies and further direction of that project. Knowledge of the Air Force's of counter-cyber-terrorism and other online policies.

The man knew and had access to a lot of information, if you think about it. Even common military logistics that we wouldn't care about but others would for predicting troop movements and deployment in order to circumvent encounters and engagements.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Let's see, speculation wise what would he know being in the upper echelons of the Air Force...

Well there is always Project Blue Book, technical details of the Predator Drones like frequencies and further direction of that project. Knowledge of the Air Force's of counter-cyber-terrorism and other online policies.

The man knew and had access to a lot of information, if you think about it. Even common military logistics that we wouldn't care about but others would for predicting troop movements and deployment in order to circumvent encounters and engagements.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

Just about covers what i wanted to point out.

This individual was an asset and was not in any way expendable. As i mentioned, a robbery gone wrong

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not discounting it's extremely rare for someone so high-up to fall victim to murder without a hidden motive, maybe it's just my personal feelings on speculating about things like this so soon after the first reports.
So I will bow out and let you guys carry on

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

agreed

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
“don’t ask, don’t tell.”

I'd say somebody doesn't want the ROTC ban lifted really really bad....

Peace

edit on 3-1-2011 by operation mindcrime because: confusing text

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

He was probably a tit for tate whack.

He was a top official with way above top secret clearance.

We have an Iranian nuke scientist whacked, they retaliate and whack our most poular guy.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yea, I post on GLP.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I'm not discounting it's extremely rare for someone so high-up to fall victim to murder without a hidden motive, maybe it's just my personal feelings on speculating about things like this so soon after the first reports.
So I will bow out and let you guys carry on

He was whacked..

If it is determind he was robbed. Then he was definetly whacked that is the MO if intel.covert groups. Make it look like a robbery or heart attack.

Why would they go through so mnay steps to not get caught. Put the body in a container and dump it in a land fill.

Not for nothing a robbry would have been like give me all your # now Mofo. Ok here is my #.

Bang bang bang and one in the head bang. Tipical robbery.

Any murder which has twists such as high profile defense worker working on missle defense. Nukelear missle experts. People who work a lincoln labs, sadia labs, los alomos.

Especially when you read a headline which states.

Nuke expert found dead in hotel of a confirmed drug overdose. Or founfd dead hanging in hotel.

Or drove there car off the cliff. Or was in a fatal car crash.

tell tale signs of a whack.

As Bill and Hill alot of their friends disapeared or wound up dead under strange circumstances.

T

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

As Bill and Hill alot of their friends disapeared or wound up dead under strange circumstances.

T

I guess your referring to the woods and Hill, well sure that might have been a deal cruncher, but hey, we cant have a lover running loose while the president is dealing with world leaders..right.

Then again it is pure speculation on my end.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join