It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s ‘Dictatorship by Decree’ is Here. What’s next?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

ya minor huh saturn as only 66 wields him 300 plus right? my god i love the division that you create on the threads, what exactly has obama done that bush had not? same false meal, same false hope! still phlasemy if you go by the constitution right

edit on 4-1-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by starless and bible black
reply to post by jdub297

It's never been easier. Since everything the termites now decree is invalid, why not begin taking steps toward reclaiming all the other wrongs our 'elected' 'representatives' have enabled? I'd say we have to go back to 1913 or thereabouts.
Now's your chance, reasonable, righteously so.
Disobey. Come on. I am certain you can think of something, some little lockstep that's become so much a part of what you've been molded into that you don't even recognize yourself anymore! Skip that 'late fee'. Skip the whole friggin' thing!

Maybe you haven't noticed, but there are American citizens, loosely grouped into what many call "the Tea Party movement" that are taking the first steps toward re-establishing the governing principles that made this nation what it once was.

No "21st Century Schizoid Man" (from Star less and Bible Black) among them; they speak the collective mind of what we once knew as the "silent majority." Well, we are not silent anymore. And, to witness from some posts, it is getting on the nerves of the "Comfortably Numb."

(Consider the lineup of King Crimson and see what complacency and the status quo will get you.)
edit on 3-1-2011 by jdub297 because: added musical references

The Tea Party movement. Gotcha. 'Nuff said.

The Tea Baggers no more speak for the majority than do progressives, as much as both groups would like to think that they do.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wow, there are people who aren't awaken to politics on this site? There is no left wing or right wing. They are two different sides of the same coin. They are both trying to get to the same place through different methods.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Wow, there are people who aren't awaken to politics on this site? There is no left wing or right wing. They are two different sides of the same coin. They are both trying to get to the same place through different methods.

There seem to be a lot of people who don't quite get it. I hope they realize the truth soon....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Obama is expected to make more frequent use of executive orders, vetoes, signing statements and policy initiatives that originate within the federal agencies to maneuver around congressional Republicans who are threatening to derail initiatives he has already put in place, including health care reforms, and to launch serial investigations into his administration's spending.

"There is going to be an effort on the president's part to use [executive powers] to satisfy his base and institutionalize what he can," said John Kenneth White, professor of politics at the Catholic University of America.

This week, the Environmental Protection Agency begins regulating greenhouse gas emissions at some energy plants and factories -- a move Obama pushed for after his cap-and-trade environmental legislation stalled in Congress.
The administration defended Obama's use of such powers, including making recess appointments, as a proper exercise of his authority and often as a response to Republican obstructionism. On signing statements, press secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama used them to highlight "what problems might be inherent in a piece of legislation, without asking that the federal government disallow or ignore congressional intent."
Obama also hasn't hesitated to make policy through executive order, including freezing federal workers' pay, launching an investigation of the BP oil spill and cracking down on Somali outlaws.

"He is the manager in chief, and things like signing statements and however you thwart the will of Congress, sure -- there are lots of things that go on other than passing new laws and giving out money that are all part of managing this incredible enterprise," said Stephen Hess, a Brookings Institution expert on the presidency.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Your self-revealing epithets cannot change the fact that "progressive" policies and legislators were roundly rejected in November. Obama will use the executive to accomplish what the legislature will not do for him.

(The only "tea baggers" I know are ALL liberal/progressives, and they really do not care about politics.)

deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

One question for you.. Who picks supreme court judges? =P

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Obama is expected to make more frequent use of executive orders, vetoes, signing statements and policy initiatives that originate within the federal agencies to maneuver around congressional Republicans who are threatening to derail initiatives he has already put in place, including health care reforms, and to launch serial investigations into his administration's spending.

"There is going to be an effort on the president's part to use [executive powers] to satisfy his base and institutionalize what he can," said John Kenneth White, professor of politics at the Catholic University of America.

This week, the Environmental Protection Agency begins regulating greenhouse gas emissions at some energy plants and factories -- a move Obama pushed for after his cap-and-trade environmental legislation stalled in Congress.
The administration defended Obama's use of such powers, including making recess appointments, as a proper exercise of his authority and often as a response to Republican obstructionism. On signing statements, press secretary Robert Gibbs said Obama used them to highlight "what problems might be inherent in a piece of legislation, without asking that the federal government disallow or ignore congressional intent."
Obama also hasn't hesitated to make policy through executive order, including freezing federal workers' pay, launching an investigation of the BP oil spill and cracking down on Somali outlaws.

"He is the manager in chief, and things like signing statements and however you thwart the will of Congress, sure -- there are lots of things that go on other than passing new laws and giving out money that are all part of managing this incredible enterprise," said Stephen Hess, a Brookings Institution expert on the presidency.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Your self-revealing epithets cannot change the fact that "progressive" policies and legislators were roundly rejected in November. Obama will use the executive to accomplish what the legislature will not do for him.

(The only "tea baggers" I know are ALL liberal/progressives, and they really do not care about politics.)

deny ignorance.

1)Reread the first line of your source. "Expected to". So now you are hating on what he hasnt even done yet. Doesnt hold a lot of water.

2)You again show your bias here. You continually speak only about what the 'other' party is doing, not realizing that they are all the same.

3)I know better than to get baited into this, yet I let myself anyway. Outside of all of your deflections and attempts to make this out as though only Obama is the issue, you have deflected from my origional point completely-that Obama is the same as Bush is the same as Clinton is the same as the other Bush.

4)If you haven't noticed, I'm ignoring your attempts to make this personal, and ignoring your silly little snipes and attempted insults. Keep 'em up if you wish, but all they do is reveal how empty you truly are.

5) There is a fundamental problem in your line of thinking. No one has all the answers. And those that TRULY dont have the answers are the ones who think they have them all.

edit on 4-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh

One question for you.. Who picks supreme court judges? =P

Presidents. Has any president ever named ALL the supreme court judges? Nope. Which holds true to the point I have been making all along-that it is not an obama thing, it is a government thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here's a good look into Barry's string-pullers. Berwick, Blair, Obama, and Hitler. Seems the route he wants to take us down is a more socio-facist one by design. This is why we need accountability laws.

How can it be legal for someone to run for office saying they will fight for change, get the said position, and pull a 180 on their views, leaving the ones who voted them in scratching their heads...
edit on 11-1-2011 by chuckMFd because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by chuckMFd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join