It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What do you guys think of the vallidility of basilistic missle launching trucks, or adapted missles being fired from cargo ships, mainly the ones floating around the gulf sea at the moment like they said, do you think this would be hard to do, surely it would just be a case of anchoring ship, programing co ords, and away they go to the target..

you think this is a possibilty for saddam..?

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I dont know exactly, but improvising a ballistic missile launcher from a truck would certainly be a feat of the highest engineering.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think our radar and other systems would have to pick them up, but if he did succeed in getting over here, he wouldn't even have to set coordinates. Just point it in the general direction. We are not used to being attacked. A missle flying over any city would probably send this country in to pandamonia. I admit I freaked just a little on 9-11. I thought that the entire country was under attack. Even pulled my daughter from school that day.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius
I dont know exactly, but improvising a ballistic missile launcher from a truck would certainly be a feat of the highest engineering.

truck in hold, scud on truck, that not how scuds are normally fired from a truck if the truck is in the ships hold, why cant they anchor the ship open the cargo hold doors, program the co ords into the guidance system and fire out of the hold into the air and to the co ords...

is that not simple? and no extra equipment needed.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
yeah im not saying the ships will come to the west, im just thinking a diversionary tatic in the dessert might give him the time to fire upon isreal, or the fleet in the gulf from his own ships, if he moves these cargo ships.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Im not sure its that easy you have to consider the recoil of a several ton (?) missile reaching the first cosmic velocity

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
But its not impossible. Iraq has some of the finest engineers.

The interesting sequel to that possibility is the strategic viewpoint :

Saddam, if doomed, has nothing to lose ...

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius
Im not sure its that easy you have to consider the recoil of a several ton (?) missile reaching the first cosmic velocity

it shouldnt even bother a huge ship, the tonnage in force that waves hit them with, i dont think a missle would do much more than a large wave, he could also have the ships half full of oil and blow them up setting fire to the oil on the sea.

AF1

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Did they ever figure out anything about those ships that left Iraq shortly before the new inspections began?

top topics

join