It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Progressives will return their Tax Cuts?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Nope, I want NO ONE to have to pay taxes on their property.

No one. But if people think that they should pay more, WHY DON'T THEY?

I asked awhile back for a source for tobacco, you got one?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Instead of whining about paying taxes, why dont you demand a better service for the tax dollars you have already paid? Take healthcare, you spend more of your GDP on healthcare than any other nation, yet you dont receive the same quality of service as other western nations. Your education system is the same. You are also funding the largest military in the world with billions of tax dollars, why aren't you demanding an end to the spending on a military industrial complex.
edit on 30-12-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah, I think we SHOULD start charging EVERY country for the defense that we provide.

So, you calling for the US to pull out of your defense?

I have been calling for that for years.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Dont worry saltheart we only just finished paying back you guys for turning up late in ww2 in 2006 I believe.
Managed to screw us over real good there. Dont delude yourself that you are defending us now. I guess you think you saved us brits from the Iraqis with their wmd or saving us from the taliban
The US only works for its own interests.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What, what about the Assange papers? I though a LOT OF THEM had the proof for the WMD's. Oh, those ones do not get trotted out in the LSM. Maybe you could try Google.

Yes, the US interests have to be protected. It has nothing to do with US citizen's interest. It has to do with the international banking cartel's interest.

Shhhh, do not tell anyone, the IMF is located where?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

the law just passed was the Tax relief Extension until 2012...
these are not new tax cuts - Except for the temporary reduction of Social Security payroll
that has a 2% temporary reduction = which translates into a $900 annual windfall for those
making $45,000.oo yr.
What will everyone do with that extra (but temporary) $25-$75. every paycheck ? decide
to buy a $45k Chevy Volt ??

yes the aggregate ammount of reduced [Size=3]SS[/Size] tax will be massive
(30 million X $25. wk x 50 wks= $375 billion year Stimulus)

Somewhat Non-Sequitor but the 'SS' seems to show up wherever Fascism calls home, eh?

edit on 30-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think everyone should NOT pay any taxes until the end of the year. That way, liberals and conservatives can actually see what is going to the government. Come Christmas, when you're out looking for that special something for that special someone, just remember that you have to keep about 40 to 50 thousand back so uncle sam can feed his pork projects.

That way, when we have a tax revolt, it'll be liberals AND conservatives waving torches and pitchforks.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Well, since I give $5 per day in tobacco tax, that covers me for everything else.

Odd, I spend $10 (total cost) per carton for smokes. I just think that someone is being foolish with their money.

Why whine and bitch and moan about progressives tax rates? Isn't that unfair, so you want conservatives to pay less tax, but you want liberals to pay more tax? A tax hike for people based solely on political leanings?

would love to hear how you pull off 10 dollars for a carton of smokes.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hey, hey, hey!

I just wanna know...

Is our children being educated?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I want everyone treated equally as far as the law is concerned. Progressive taxation is NOT fair as it penalizes people in different ways and, in my opinion, violates the equal protection clause of the Constitution.

I'd like to see a flat tax to keep government going, and a massive reduction in all government spending including military. I would like to stop paying to stick our noses in other people's sand.

Now, if you are a terrorist supporting country, and if you orchestrate an attack against the US, or if you attack the US militarily, we will use our smaller budget to turn your country into glass.

My foreign policy:

Trade with all, ally with none, no political or economic entanglement, mess with us and we'll erase your whole civilization from the face of the Earth.

Sound fair? Hell the way things are going countries to could wars with us to reap the benefits of our foreign aid. I think foreign aid needs to end. No more aid through tax dollars. Taxes are for US, not the rest of the world. The rest of the world can rely on the good hearts of the American people, as they often do.
edit on 30-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by centurion1211

Would really love to keep turning you into a "logical pretzel" all night, but I have to get up for work in a few short hours.

Ah, see that one I understood. "Logic pretzel" is neocon speak for "Oh, crap, he makes more sense than me, better pull a Bush and drop the "Mission Accomplished" banner, but QUICK.

~Heff

In your dreams, pal, in your dreams.

For some the realization that your progressive ideas have been REJECTED by the voters is so slow to sink in. But I have no doubts that the 2012 election will help you understand that even better.

And last (earth to Heff), having Republicans in power means I'll more likely keep my job, since my employer can pay me instead of the increased taxes you so-called "progressives" want to burden the small and medium sized business owners (the "rich" in progressive speak) with.

Get a clue ...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
But the question was: HOW MANY Progressives will return their "tax cuts"?

My estimate is ZERO.

A side question was "Are the children being educated?" Answer: Maybe. This is probably a topic for another forum, but I contend that it's the SYSTEM--not the curriculum, teachers, money, etc---that is the problem. It's a sixty/seventy year American experiment that really has never produced for us.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Why don't you give back your tax breaks and put your money where your mouth is instead of passing the buck and pointing the finger?

This is an utterly empty, opinionated, and rhetorically irrelevant op. The tax CUTS for the wealthy got passed, so why try to poke a stick in the eye of the less fortunate?

Bitter much?

~Heff

Wow, do you always sit down to pee or did you do so specifically after wailing your gibberish on this post?

If you would be so kind as to provide a link to your evidence, that would be appreciated. If you prefer to piss and moan, that will be understood as well.

so not only do you use an irrelevant insult that makes no sense whatsoever to the situation (which is against the forum rules btw), you ask him for a link to information that is so widely available, you could have taken 2 seconds for you to google; something you should have known if you paid attention to popular mainstream politics rather than picking and choosing what news is "real" to you.

you insulted him because you have such an extremist attitude for the right without actually answering his question: would you put your money where your mouth is?

considering how you deflected this reply, I would say no.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

most of your questions seem rhetorical, I doubt your actual want of a real answer. I see this more as right wing circle jerking, an expression of your extremist attitude. Since we're just completely disregarding one side of the problem, tell me, when will republicans stop supporting legislation that only makes it easier for private companies owned/run by said republicans to be contracted by the US and receive the US tax money they claim the government is stealing from them?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Misoir

Hey, hey, hey!

I just wanna know...

Is our children being educated?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I want everyone treated equally as far as the law is concerned. Progressive taxation is NOT fair as it penalizes people in different ways and, in my opinion, violates the equal protection clause of the Constitution.

I'd like to see a flat tax to keep government going, and a massive reduction in all government spending including military. I would like to stop paying to stick our noses in other people's sand.

Now, if you are a terrorist supporting country, and if you orchestrate an attack against the US, or if you attack the US militarily, we will use our smaller budget to turn your country into glass.

My foreign policy:

Trade with all, ally with none, no political or economic entanglement, mess with us and we'll erase your whole civilization from the face of the Earth.

Sound fair? Hell the way things are going countries to could wars with us to reap the benefits of our foreign aid. I think foreign aid needs to end. No more aid through tax dollars. Taxes are for US, not the rest of the world. The rest of the world can rely on the good hearts of the American people, as they often do.
edit on 30-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

True wisdom!
Are you running in 2012? I would be happy to be your campaign manager...

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
TAX THE RICH TO FEED AND EDUCATE THE POOR

Unconstitutional.

Try again.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I'm not a US citizen. I'm one of those Hispanic immigrant libertarian conservatives that progressives say don't exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join