It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Progressives will return their Tax Cuts?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I often hear "rich" Progressive/Liberals talk about they don't deserve a tax cut. This is everyone that makes over $250,000 a year. The people who think the crooks in Washington who have us close to 14 trillion in the hole need more money should send back the money they would KEEP under these tax rates. They should send in double or triple the amount they would keep since these tax rates are so immoral.

Don't hold your breathe. You would think that all of these rich liberals would be flooding the Treasury with extra bank especially at tax time but their not.

Warren Buffett says he should pay more taxes. He gave 1.6 Billion to Charity, he should have gave a billion to Government and 600 Million to Charity since Government is so efficient with other peoples money (insert sarcasm here).

Why don't all liberal/progressives send in double the money at tax time since they think the Government needs more money to spend?
edit on 29-12-2010 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Why don't you give back your tax breaks and put your money where your mouth is instead of passing the buck and pointing the finger?

This is an utterly empty, opinionated, and rhetorically irrelevant op. The tax CUTS for the wealthy got passed, so why try to poke a stick in the eye of the less fortunate?

Bitter much?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, since I give $5 per day in tobacco tax, that covers me for everything else. My gas tax pays for the roads. I got the police and fire covered. No need for them.

I think I am covered.

But I am sure our progressives here at ATS will be sending in their extra money.

I am SURE they are not hypocrites or anything.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

This shouldn't be much to ask since liberals/progressives think the tax rates are so immoral. They should pledge to send double the money back to the Treasury while Conservatives like myself take the money and reinvest in my business and give to charities that help people who live in poverty instead of sending it to the black hole of Government so they can waste and spend the money and put more people in poverty.

It's like the liberal actors and singers who cry about Corporations but most of them own Corporations so they can shield the money they make from taxes so they can build wealth.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey, this would be an EXCELLENT question to ask all the Democrats that are wealthy in office. Time to fire up some emails.

I think I will write it up like a pledge to increase taxation on those making over a certain amount. See if they sign it and then spread it on the net stating they have pledged to donate all moneys themselves over a certain amount.

Will send it to a couple media sites also. If they get a rich politician in, they can ask them to make the pledge, see what they have to say.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

It would be great to ask them but before they lie and try to spin their way out of answering the question, let me tell you the real reason why these rich liberals say they deserved to be taxed more.

It's because they're covered and their accountants can easily offset any increase in taxes. The tax burden will always fall to the middle and lower class in the end. I realized this when I started my business and hired an accountant.

Big Government is not the friend of the middle or lower class as liberals define them. The rich get richer because they keep more of the money they earn and they can use that money to build wealth.

Let's say a business makes a million dollars. They don't pay taxes on this money off the top and they can use the million dollars to build wealth. A worker pays taxes before they see their pay check and it's harder for them to build wealth.

When Conservatives try to say people should keep more of the money they earn and Government should be small and limited it's because massive government and massive debt will be a huge burden on the lower and the middle class as liberals define them and the "rich" has a global economy they can invest in and continue to build wealth.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
How many?
This could be the shortest thread ever

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Why don't you give back your tax breaks and put your money where your mouth is instead of passing the buck and pointing the finger?

This is an utterly empty, opinionated, and rhetorically irrelevant op. The tax CUTS for the wealthy got passed, so why try to poke a stick in the eye of the less fortunate?

Bitter much?

~Heff

Wow, do you always sit down to pee or did you do so specifically after wailing your gibberish on this post?

If you would be so kind as to provide a link to your evidence, that would be appreciated. If you prefer to piss and moan, that will be understood as well.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
TAX THE RICH TO FEED AND EDUCATE THE POOR

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the law just passed was the Tax relief Extension until 2012...
these are not new tax cuts - Except for the temporary reduction of Social Security payroll
that has a 2% temporary reduction = which translates into a $900 annual windfall for those
making $45,000.oo yr.
What will everyone do with that extra (but temporary) $25-$75. every paycheck ? decide
to buy a $45k Chevy Volt ??

yes the aggregate ammount of reduced SS tax will be massive
(30 million X $25. wk x 50 wks= $375 billion year Stimulus)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think it would be a good idea for people on this board to quit misusing the term progressive. For real. It's irritating.

It doesn't have anything to do with tax increases. This country already taxes the hell out of us. There is plenty of money there to spend on infrastructure, renewable energies and a healthier ecosystem (meaning healthier people).
How many trillions are spent on these endless and pointless wars? It's a matter of allocation.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

They've been doing that for 100 years and poor people are still poor.

Hell, "Social Justice" progressives during the reign of FDR got the top marginal tax rate to 90% and people still starved to death during the depression...

Stealing money never fed anyone but crooks.
edit on 29-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I think it would be a good idea for people on this board to quit misusing the term progressive. For real. It's irritating.

Tell that to the progressives who gave the term a new meaning with their social and racial eugenics programs that continue to this day.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Well, since I give $5 per day in tobacco tax, that covers me for everything else.

Odd, I spend $10 (total cost) per carton for smokes. I just think that someone is being foolish with their money.

Why whine and bitch and moan about progressives tax rates? Isn't that unfair, so you want conservatives to pay less tax, but you want liberals to pay more tax? A tax hike for people based solely on political leanings?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

It was the banksters who created the depression, the same who created the recent Great Recession. Tax the [snip] out of the criminal bastards!
edit on 29/12/10 by masqua because: Removed censor circumvention

edit on 29-12-2010 by kimar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Pledges are voluntary and don't carry the force of law.

But it would be interesting to see if they'd be willing to voluntarily shell out more cash so the government can use it to start more wars, create a bigger welfare state, spy on us, and call us all terrorists...Depending on which party is in office of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i agree
everything is done

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar

It was the banksters who created the depression, the same who created the recent Great Recession. Tax the ---- out of the criminal bastards!

The wonderful thing about a Constitutional criminal justice system is that it is an individual responsibility system. Collective punishment of all rich people for the crimes of a few is not only unconstitutional it is unethical. What we need to do is actually prosecute the people that were and are responsible for fraud and abuse, seize their assets upon conviction and pay restitution where possible to victim of the fraud.

Secondly we need to end the favoritism of government regulation that helped create the mess we're in today. There is no reason we should allow the government to pick winners and loser and crowd out small business and individuals from enjoying the fruits of a free market. Taxing everyone won't solve the problems we have, if anything it will only compound them.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Wow, do you always sit down to pee or did you do so specifically after wailing your gibberish on this post?

If you would be so kind as to provide a link to your evidence, that would be appreciated. If you prefer to piss and moan, that will be understood as well.

Your trolling skills are truly wanting. Might I suggest spending more time on lesser boards than ATS to hone your art? Frankly, we expect more than this. We have standards here.

But to point... What is it exactly you wish me to source? The fact that the Bush Tax cuts were extended? Or the part of my post which was my opinion?

In the sense of fair play I will source both for you.

Source for extension of Bush tax cuts
Source for my opinions

~Heff
edit on 12/29/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Wow, a right-winger defending the banksters! Shocking! If you take the time to look at the complete devastation that these wall street fat cat bastards have done to countless families all over the world, I don't think you would be so quick to defend those gambling addicted criminals. Of course I'm not talking about all rich people. I'm referring to the wall street bank tycoons who are time and time again protected by the US government and other right-wing corporate worshipers.

During the Clinton and Bush years they were allowed to do anything they wanted to. There was no substantial regulation to speak of. They proved themselves to be completely irresponsible and a lot of people continue to suffer because of it. Not only should they be taxed to high heaven, they should spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join