It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham forest, "Ancient Aliens" episode 30.12.10 and binary numbers

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al E. Inn
reply to post by gmax111

Has a decoding been done using the Binary Golay Code? This code was utilized in the NASA deep space missions of Voyager 1 and 2. Seems logical that if you assume this is authentic that this is the code an extraterrestial would use as it was the code we chose to utilize.
Very interested to see the interpretation utilizing this code.

See this NASA white paper: ipnpr.jpl.nasa.gov...

Binary is used by us to compute between one computer to the next. We use it to communicate with satellites weapon systems and space-probes, anything that is computer based it will use binary -code to communicate information. Even computer games use a form of binary in the coding of the software. I'm not that all surprised an non-human intelligence, would use this method to communicate with us. It is language we can comprehend AS humans.
We today have technology the computer, that can easily read and decode binary, but home-computer use is not that old, and it was relatively unheard of thirty years ago, and what ever came down in the forest by all-accounts seems to be technology of an unknown origin, but still could be using technology, we'd humans could identify if seen. If we couldn't replicate it we might still figure out fairly quickly, this was an advanced computer system belonging to advanced intelligence besides us.

Jim said he never saw a pilot inside the craft, it was completely black no windows, but it still took off into the sky by some method. We can't trust hypnosis, it useless information. There might be truth retrieved somewhere by this method, but can be sure which memories are fact and what memories are just fantasy. The note-book with the drawings and binary-code is far more interesting, because we confirm when this stuff was put in the book, by having the paper testing. The paper note-book should show an accurate time-line for how old the paper used is, the ink is hard to fake, he would have to kept the same pen for last thirty years or something to fake that, if the ink is from a recent pen or biro it should show up fairly quickly.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Now that we've been directed to Woodbridge by the updated coordinates here's what we find.

The shire hall water pump's decorative enclosure has stonework that replicates the triangular impressions that the object made in the soil-

The clock facade on the hall itself is reminiscent in design to Die Glocke or the Nazi Bell which, like Penniston's device, has been described as a time machine -

Coincidence, or has there been an earlier landing as far back as 1876?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In a previous message I pointed to the contradictions between the route that Burroughs and Penniston now say they took into Rendlesham forest and what they said at the time. Perhaps I didn’t make the point clearly enough, so I shall try again.

B&P did not follow their original route through the forest when they tried to reconstruct it during their visit last week. Hence they ended up in the wrong place.

If you look at Penniston's sketch he made in his witness statement
www.ianridpath.com...
it's clear that after coming down the road from East Gate they turned right onto a public road and then shortly left onto a track between the trees until they came to a clearing. That track no longer exists today, nor does the clearing. So when they visited last week they had to go further south to a much wider and permanent logging road. As a result, they ended up at a site too far south.

But this Ordnance Survey map from the old-maps.co.uk website shows the forest as it appeared in the late 1970s

You can see that there is a gap between the trees that accords with the turn-off shown on Penniston's sketch, and there is a clearing where there were no trees (or at least only young ones in 1980) which I think is where they got to in the jeep before having to get out and walk through the full-grown trees to the east.

I reconstructed the route on this page on my website and it does lead to the 'traditional' landing site.
www.ianridpath.com...

This is how the landing site and the indentations looked the morning after the encounter:
www.ianridpath.com...

Another anomaly to consider: Penniston tells us that the morning after the encounter he went out and took plaster casts of the three indentations left by the landed craft. These plaster casts have pine needles on them, so he must have taken them in the forest, presumably at the site where the triangle of indentations was discovered that morning. Why go there rather than where he had his alleged encounter?

Ian

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltamist
How embarrassing are you people? Your trying to decode what exactly? You really think that this "code" which sat in the mind of a bogus witness for thirty years is REAL? This guy has added to his alleged encounter with every telling of his story. A life altering event happens and he somehow left the most important part out until now?? Wow I got some ocean property in Illinois I would like to sell you.
edit on 3-1-2011 by deltamist because: (no reason given)

I AM SO EMBARRASSED FOR ALL OF YOU.
edit on 3-1-2011 by deltamist because: (no reason given)

I agree!!!! This is getting ridiculous, you all seem to be (typically) searching desperately for what you want to to find, and, lo and behold, you are starting to develop enough fragmented material to spure you on even further. We are talking about an alledged BINARY code, recited from MEMORY a LONG TIME ago, containing errors, and longitude/latitude figures....errors and coordinates to not mix well people! As a result you are scouring Google earth, looking a street view bunkers, comparing world of warcraft similarities and coming to OBSCENE conclusions that end a million miles from where you started, with nothing in the middle to bind them!!!!! Yes this does taint the otherwise credible story of Rendlesham Forest, but guys, please see that you are being hoodwinked!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gilbo303
you all seem to be (typically) searching desperately for what you want to to find...

Exactly!

We've now had 3 different interpretations of the "coordinates" and "significant" information has been found at each site, whether it be a mystical sunken island, subterranean bunker or triangular symbols!

Seek and ye shall find!

And, indeed, more can be found. The latest coordinates do not actually fall on the Town Hall but directly opposite a disused shop. Perhaps we are really directed to this word on the sign mounted on the building-

in itself a link to the 1967 Glover sighting, which, ironically also occurred in woodland some 120 miles away-

Cue X Files soundtrack!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ianrid
In a previous message I pointed to the contradictions between the route that Burroughs and Penniston now say they took into Rendlesham forest and what they said at the time. Perhaps I didn’t make the point clearly enough, so I shall try again.

Great, here comes mr. lighthouse himself.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Considering that 'The Bell' (Die Glocke) is a fantasy constructed by Nazi technology enthusiast Igor Witkowski less than 15 years ago, for which there is absolutely no hard evidence, and the Woodbridge Town Hall was built in 1876, I can't see much of a connection there. As for the 'The Bell' as a time travel device, possibly taking Martin Bormann to another planet or time, was that ever even suggested before the recent 'Ancient Aliens'?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
The last episode was so bad it was embarrassing. I have never seen anything like it before outside sattire. From the beginning to the very end, it was like a thread on ATS speculating what X could be; everything from multidimensional stargates being the Ark to music composers (and anyone who has believed they were contacted by a divine spirit) being influenced by extraterrestrials, to that binary code all of a sudden being decoded only a few months ago when it could have been done decades ago at the latest....

That was the single most damaging TV production against UFOlogy I have ever witnessed. It was as if the producers purposely sought the most outlandish and sensationalist opinions on the subject and recorded them. If it didn't have production values, like I said, it'd be something akin to reading on one of those crazy threads
edit on 1-1-2011 by Shino because: (no reason given)

I never saw the series before today so I went and watched the last 2 episodes on the website. At one point these "experts" claim that we're 80% alien and 20% homo sapien. How do they reconcile that with the fact that our DNA is almost identical to that of monkeys? Are they also a large percentage "alien"?

I think I've decided that this show isn't worth my time to watch. The fake bake on that one guy bothers me... =)
edit on 5-1-2011 by an0maly33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankprintster
Does anyone know if these 6-12 sheets of hand-written binary numbers have had any forensic analysis done to determine whether they really were written 30 years ago?

A forensics website FAQ [ www.4n6.com... ] says its generally possible to determine the age of either the ink or paper.

I was thinking the same thing, carbon dating the graphite would prove the timeframe which seems most in question. To me the officer seems sincere about his claims, given the circumstances of the encounter I think i'd keep quiet a similar message in fear of incapability.

The EBCDIC binary system used from the 50s and 60s but military computers used this through out the 70s and into the 80s
was an intriguing comment highlighted in an earlier post. If the scans of the original message were provided in the public domain for analysis I'm sure the content could become more credible ... the co-ordinates are odd and of all the possible co-ordinates to make up almost seem mundane enough to warrent further investigation.

We may be being duped by a hoax but my senses are tingling and I'm happy to trust them in this case.
edit on 5-1-2011 by digitalf because: added quotes

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gmax111

I really think the binary code should not be altered. For an example it seems people are incline to change the content "CEPR" of the code.
CEPR is an important compenant of DNA gene regulation. I would think only soemone very familiar with gene regulation would be familiar with the term. However it supports Penniston's recall under hypnosis. i can't imagine Penniston is a human gene expert and a binary code expert. Either this is a tremendous coincedence, an elaborate hoax by someone who thought of a DNA reference relating back to a decade old hypnosis session, or the real deal.
This gets stranger and stranger......

A white paper involving CEPr and gene identification:
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Howe code interpretation.

Anxious to hear thoughts?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I love the show! Giant leaps of speculation couched in the phrase "it could be". An expert is basicly anyone willing to say anything to sell a book. Personally I think it's hysterical but entertaining. (and the fake bake and big hair dude WOW! he can spin some serious b.s.)

That being said I do find some nuggets that interest me enough to fact check them online.

Rendlesham is a different story and I only hope the facts don't get so manipulated by these "experts" that the military staff who witnessed the events get disparaged in the process (or worse influenced by pseudo experts looking to sell more books or online subscriptions).

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al E. Inn
reply to post by gmax111

I really think the binary code should not be altered. For an example it seems people are incline to change the content "CEPR" of the code.
CEPR is an important compenant of DNA gene regulation. I would think only soemone very familiar with gene regulation would be familiar with the term. However it supports Penniston's recall under hypnosis. i can't imagine Penniston is a human gene expert and a binary code expert. Either this is a tremendous coincedence, an elaborate hoax by someone who thought of a DNA reference relating back to a decade old hypnosis session, or the real deal.
This gets stranger and stranger......

A white paper involving CEPr and gene identification:

Howe code interpretation.

Anxious to hear thoughts?

Just to make this clear to everyone.. I have not altered the code to change the message. In fact i completely agree with you and have come to a clearer deciphered message since the post you responded too. Please do understand that the scans we had to work with in the beginning of this thread were inferior to what we have as of now.(Thanks to Linda at earthfiles.com for posting copies of what Penniston released.)
I am not a person to assume or jump to conclusions. All the data presented remains a mystery until there is enough substantial evidence(without reasonable doubt) arises to conclude fact or fiction. To come to a conclusion at this point without the supposed remaining pages or having the ink on the pages "dated" is far to premature for my liking. I remain in limbo between a solid conclusion. My intrest in this case is only based on the faith I have that SOMETHING did happen. What is was, is what's driving my curiosity. However if it is concluded in the future that this case is 100% hoax, i would not be bothered.

As far as the code goes, it is decoded exactly as was written in binary(see scanned photos on page 10). As far as i can tell and im sure any other expert would conclude, there is human error envolved. Extra/repeated bits, miss-recorded bits(as shown in the case "EXPLORATION OG HUMANITY") ect.. If the word is obvious without absolutely any doubt, then and only then would i consider looking into possible changes of characters that would fit the context. Which is exactly why you will see from my posts i have made no conclusion on the term CERP.

Regardless of what is concluded by any expert, the original source is there. Even with the opinions of 100 experts im positive they will all come to the same conclusion(minus what they can figure to be errors).

Without understanding how the american standard code for information interchange(ASCII) works in relation to binary, and have made an attempt to decode the message, i think it is immature to question what HAS been deciphered from the original binary. In other words i have 110% confidence in what is shown on the page 10 photos is the best possible message as of now(but errors may still exsist), and if you dont believe me have a "crack" at it yourself. I have provided the necessary web tools in my previous posts.

In regards to the term "CEPR" having to do with genetics is a very interesting hypothesis and could be considered until further evidence is released, but the word "BEFORE" following "CEPR" doesnt at the time fit the context(but thats making assumptions as I am no expert in that area). But i believe absolute skeptics of the event will say we are only fitting answers to the questions.

@ Al E. Inn - PS do u have any personal relation with the "lil al-e-inn" in rachel, nv?
edit on 6-1-2011 by gmax111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
First off I want to say I think the Ancient Aliens series stinks.

..that said, all of this talk about Rendelsham made me go to youtube and look at some of the series' I hadn't yet seen on the topic. I found this one www.youtube.com... and something just caught my attention so I thought I would bring it here to see if anyone else had any thoughts/information on it. Sorry, couldn't figure out how to properly embed the link...

If you jump to around 3:45 in the video it talks about when the event began for Burroughs. What struck me as notable is the mention of Bud Stevens....Burroughs mentions how he "tracked him down" and asked him to drive around for awhile. They proceed to go into the forest, discover the lights (Stevens is the first to notice them...) and by now you know the rest. I never noticed the name mentioned before and a google search found nothing on Bud Stevens. The youtube video mentions how he was "too frightened" to assist in the investigation and just sort of faded away from there. Is it normal for the military of all organizations to just allow someone to "walk away" from something so potentially serious just because he was frightened? Just seemed odd to me. If Burroughs' account is true then Stevens was the first to discover this story that has endured for 30 years now yet not ever a mention of him. Would love to see an interview with him.

Hope this isn't off topic....further into the series it mentions weird sensations as the object is approached, inability to control the physical writing of notes....which may or may not influence one's opinion of the binary code.
edit on 6-1-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: Edited fix link.....

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

You're spelling the name wrong, it's "Bud Steffans". Google that.......you'll find what you're looking for.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosdh

omigosh....never tried that....."embarassed"....thank you!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gmax111

Very well stated, couldn't agree more.

Here is the decode from earthfiles website: www.earthfiles.com...

at page 4 of the notebook: continuo (t)

then: uqs cepr

When viewed from a DNA microbiology standpoint UQS CEPR means:

Ubiquinone species
Chondrocyte expressed protein Receptor

I know this is wild speculation but in an effort to interpret the meaning of the code this can be viewed as a reference to human DNA. It's Perhaps a microbiologist or gene expert can shed some more light.
For example take a look at this report:

It may be the message is part of the mission statement for the craft?

(Also when you diagram the molecular chart of the protein it resembles somewhat the pictograms on the craft.)

Maybe this brings credibility to the hypnosis session where Penniston states "....but it has to do with chromosomes."

Regards.

(notrelation to "Lil"
)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Now I am smelling bunk. READ and correct me if I am wrong... please!

Anyone see where he states that he didn't know what binary code was when he recently returned to the air base???

Well, in reading this from earthfiles (scroll down to government interview) Check it:

Hypnosis Session, September 10, 1994
Penniston: "They are asking if I see binary code!? I see the binary code... They are time travelers. They are us."

On ancient aliens Penniston stated he didn't know what binary code was - and at the air base on the 28th of December he stated he didn't know what binary was either (if I remember correctly he asked the audience if they knew what binary code was in the 80's - many say yes, and he stated "well we didn't") . Now we see a different story.

This just burns me up, because it was a really really good case, one of the best. They just hung themselves with putting all of the interviews up. The story is bunk.

edit on 1/8/2011 by kroms33 because: edit date for hypnosis session inserted

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
interesting comment on Hy Brasil.

Look how the coordinates are exactly on a grid intersection point. How does this line-up with Ley Lines? I'd be interested to see if this location lines up as an exact left right-angle with other Ley Lines or ancient monuments in England?

Check it out someone.

We're going to start seeing relationships with Binary and Hexidecimal Mathematics and Geographic locations. Things will be found which we never had a clue about. All of a sudden, things and ideas just "click into place" and humanity's awareness and understanding will move-up a "notch." This is our birthright folks, put all wild ideas and theories aside, trust what you know inside to be correct, even if you have to go on "blind faith," if you are "true" everything will be made clear. Your heart's intent must be true and not given to personal gain; you'll have to do without your ego on this one, there is no other path but this. Prepare and be forthright.
edit on 9-1-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Al E. Inn

Are you inferring the mission was to "genetically enhance" Human DNA for some future purpose? What would the inference be IF this assumption were correct? Hmmmm.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I guess no one is reading what I am typing or choosing to ignore it. This is a fraud. He admits in 1994 that he knew what binary code is and in 2010/2011 he suddenly has no clue?

LOOK:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25e87409ce23.jpg[/atsimg]

Even though he says back in the 1980's when this took place that he didn't know what binary code was, the hypnosis session is bringing him 'back' to the time it happened. The questioners asked him about the binary code - and he admits he 'sees' the code. If he had no idea what binary code was back then he would have had no idea what he was looking at.
edit on 1/9/2011 by kroms33 because: added image since earthfiles killed link

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join