It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gosford NSW multiple witness UFO sightings Dec 30/31 1995

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lowneck
Anglican clergymen are, or perhaps used to be, most impressive witnesses. Father Gill, for example. I believe Gill and his friends probably saw a genuine UFO, but I doubt that the light was good enough for them to make out 'men' allegedly standing on the 'deck'. But I expect you know far more about that case than I do. Wonder what McDonald made of it.

Lowneck, clerymen certainly do make intriguing UFO witnesses my friend, here's an interesting statement from a Catholic Lay Minister concerning a mystery object emerging from the ocean (and flying away) from Sabah, Malaysia on October 8th, 2005:

After about 2 minutes and maybe a thousand meter from where we first noticed it, a grey/white craft broke out of the water right were the white wave was and it continued to move in the same direction except this time it was flying in the air.
From what I could see, I could not make out any conventional means of propulsion that I know of, no propeller, no rotors, no jet exhaust and completely silent from where I was.
I have no explaination whatsoever,I am Catholic Lay Minister and a Catechist. An educator of Faith. I do not lie."

George Gregory Matanjun,Catholic Lay Minister.
Tanjung Aru Beach in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia-October 8, 2005

As for the Father Gill case, Greg Bishop does raise some interesting points at this link about the Kwajalein atoll and the possibility of the object being some kind of U.S. classified aircraft or 'unconventional aerial platform'- the priest's own object (and occupant) description is also posted on there and sounds pretty mundane:

"You must also keep in mind that there was nothing eerie or other worldly about any of this. It was all so ordinary, as ordinary as a Ford car. It looked a perfectly normal sort of object, an earth made object. I realised, of course, that some people might think of this as a flying saucer but I took it to be some kind of hovercraft the Americans or even the Australians had built.

The figures inside looked perfectly human. In fact, I thought they were human, that if we got them to land we would find the pilots to be ordinary earthmen in military uniforms and we would have dinner with them."

Whilst I'm not saying this is the answer, there's a pretty interesting video here about Hiller flying platforms and if these things were being developed as far back as the fifties then who knows what else the U.S. Military (or Office of Naval Research) could have had under wraps in unacknowledged classified projects?

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
More UFO reports from Gosford:

Date: July 11, 2003

Time: 10:30 PM

Witnesses: 1

Object's Shape: Oval

Number of Objects: 1

Object had lights - Object had an Aura or Haze around it - Object hovered - Object became transparent

Event Description:

The Oval Light - We were going to Bay View Restaurant in Woy Woy, The Central Coast New South Wales, where outside the restaurant, I was distracted by something in the corner of my eye.

So I looked up and I saw a reasonably large oval light in the sky (much bigger than any light an aeroplane could possibly have). The light then flashed four times in one position, then immediately papered in another part of the sky, a long distance from where it originally flashed.

In its new position it flashed another four times, it then was immediately in another new position in the sky. The oval light continued doing this until it was out of sight.

link

---

4th February 1997 NSW Gosford

Respondents report sighting a "huge blue white light" east of
the Moonie Bridge 7 minutes south of Gosford the illumination or
object was in a holding position low to the ground and appeared
to be about 2-300 feet across in width.

link

---

September 22nd 2008 : Gosford, New South Wales

AUFORN Sighting Form Report

Received on 25/09/2008 13:43:32

22.09.08 GOSFORD (NSW) 0520hrs

Source: AUFORN ONLINE UFO Report Form

Witness: Mr. Trevor R

Number of witnesses present: 1

Sighting Duration: 3 to 4 seconds

Observation: Viewed bright white light sphere moving at speed travelling in a east west direction.

Description: The sphere appeared to have a tail with small bubbles dropping off the tail, falling and disappearing. The appeared to have a fine orange tinge around the outside. I probably sighted say 5 of these bubbles in the 3 second sighting. Being in the car did not hear any sound.

Location: Driving car north, about to turn into Gosford railway station carpark.

Apparent Size Other: Large discus

Actual Size: Hard to tell size and distance away. Looked to be at least 3-4 meters in length.

Altitude: 5 to 10 storey building. East at say 200 meters in height from behind mountain behind Gosford town centre.

Object Destination: West behind flats.

Description: Very bright white light. Probably a lot brighter the a fluorescent/mercury vapour street light.

Moon Size Comparison: Two times half of moon.

Weather Temp: Mild, Sunny, Calm

Weather Comments: Sky was still dark but lighten with early sunrise

Effects Psychological: Trying to believe my self that the sighting was real. Still very clear in my mind 4 days later.

link

---

UFO footage from Kariong near Gosford:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I've not even been able to get hold of a copy of McGhee and Dickeson's book: The Gosford Files. If anyone who has read this book could post some salient details, it would certainly improve the ATS coverage of the incident.

Hey mate there's a good five page article about Moira McGhee's book in the MUFON journal below (page 10 -15) - there's also a pretty good article here about UFO reports over New South Wales and the declassification status of the Australian Government.

MUFON Journal - PDF file

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl,

Many thanks for the new links. Great additions to the thread.

And lots of fascinating material from Bill Chalker in the Australian UFO Magazine link.

Cheers - and keep up the good work..

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Having read Moira McGhee's piece, link above thanks to karl12, it's interesting that wtnesses described light beams from the UAP that seemed to 'penetrate' Brisbane Water.

These could have been 'sold' light beams akin to Professor Meessen's ionic plasma waves.

And the UAP could have been using its solid beams to search for minerals such as monazite and xenotime, sources of REE (rare earths), yttrium, cerium and erbium.

Mineral sands rich in these elements occur not only at Gosford, but at many other localities on the NSW coast, such as Vaucluse Beach, Sydney.

And guess what was seen at Vaucluse Beach:

ufoevidence.org...

Why would ET probes want to pinpoint sources of these rare elements on this planet?

That's a long story. I'm slowly piecing together the scientific evidence.

All will be revealed one day.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Lowneck

it's interesting that wtnesses described light beams from the UAP that seemed to 'penetrate' Brisbane Water.

God knows what's going on there mate but there are some other freaky 'solid light' UFO cases below including a pretty bizarre Chinese Air Force case from 1998 where the light beams were 'sticking out from the bottom of the UFO ending on a certain length' -also a great list of examples of 'UFO beams of light into bodies of water' from Carl Feindt here and the Gosford case is on there.

Link

Have just re-watched the video about the Gosford incident and have to say it really is a fascinating UFO case (and can't really understand why this thread has so few comments or opinions posted on it) -also didn't realise the object executed a right angle turn as witnessed by local businessman Rick Dowse.

See 6:15

"At first I thought well maybe it's some sort of meteorite but it was too large, it was travelling too slow and turned a right angle which I know meteorites aren't inclined to do"

Also saw this article which states several people also witnessed the UFO earlier on the Saturday evening whilst driving near the Mooney Mooney bridge (also another Gosford report in there from four weeks later involving a strange object over the ocean).

Page 17:
1996 NSW Central Coast Flap (PDF File)

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl,

Guess you’re right about the importance of the Gosford events. IMHO the video you link to above is one of most professional videos of its kind, an excellent entry point into the UFO field for scientifically minded people.

Part of the reason for the lack of interest in this thread may be my poorish opening post. I’d found there was confusion about the dates of these important sightings, so I focused on sorting that out rather than trying to make a thorough, karl12 style presentation. But if people scroll through, they’ll see how much quality you and others have added to to this thread on what is perhaps one of the top ten cases.

Just repeat the link to the 1965 Vaucluse Beach landing, which may be a key to much of the later activity.

ufoevidence.org...

I've explained above what the probe, if that's what it was, might have been doing there.

Linda Moulton Howe has an extraordinary report by a mining engineer on an incident at Los Cerrillos near Santa Fe in 1977, which bears comparison with the Vaucluse Beach incident and the notion of probes searching for specific minerals with solid light beams. Although sadly, and sometimes comically, LMH has been manipulated by US counterintelligence, she still does some excellent investigative reporting and I admire her greatly for her work over the years. It's precisely because of the quality of her work that she was targeted.

Cheers - and keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl,

Guess you’re right about the importance of the Gosford events. IMHO the video you link to above is one of most professional videos of its kind, an excellent entry point into the UFO field for scientifically minded people.

Part of the reason for the lack of interest in this thread may be my poorish opening post. I’d found there was confusion about the dates of these important sightings, so I focused on sorting that out rather than trying to make a thorough, karl12 style presentation. But if people scroll through, they’ll see how much quality you and others have added to to this thread on what is perhaps one of the top ten cases.

Just repeat the link to the 1965 Vaucluse Beach landing, which may be a key to much of the later activity.

ufoevidence.org...

I've explained above what the probe, if that's what it was, might have been doing there.

Linda Moulton Howe has an extraordinary report by a mining engineer on an incident at Los Cerrillos near Santa Fe in 1977, which bears comparison with the Vaucluse Beach incident and the notion of probes searching for specific minerals with solid light beams. Although sadly, and sometimes comically, LMH has been manipulated by US counterintelligence, she still does some excellent investigative reporting and I admire her greatly for her work over the years. It's precisely because of the quality of her work that she was targeted.

Cheers - and keep up the good work.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Lowneck

IMHO the video you link to above is one of most professional videos of its kind, an excellent entry point into the UFO field for scientifically minded people.

Lets hope your right matey and it actually does pique some interest among scientifically minded people - have hardly got any free time at the mo but did see this very similar case description from the same country 20 years earlier.

Large UFO illuminates lake

Date: February 26, 1975

Two men sighted two UFOs at Lake Sorell in Tasmania. "It was about 2-1/2 miles away when we saw it move - and then it was right there only about 1,000 yards away and 500 feet above the lake." The size of the object was no less than 200 feet in diameter. During the next few minutes the object turned on a "monstrous light" which was directed down toward the lake.

Underneath each of the craft was a red, pulsing light in the center and other red to orange lights running around the circumference. The two objects stood out clearly, then one of them headed toward the fishermen's location.

"It was about 2-1/2 miles away when we saw it move - and then it was right there only about 1,000 yards away and 500 feet above the lake." Smith said that had he not seen it himself he would not have believed a craft could have such performance. He was sure that the size of the object was no less than 200 feet in diameter.

During the next few minutes the object turned on a "monstrous light" which was directed down toward the lake. It was half the diameter of the UFO itself, the shaft of it was well defined, and it came from one side of the bottom of the UFO. The light was very intense and it was painful to the eyes to look at it. Smith compared its brilliance to that of a welding torch. While watching the phenomena he took careful sightings on hills in the area with which he was familiar. The spill of light from around the main shaft of the light illuminated a distance of 1-1/2 miles around the lake.

The beam was swung back and forth in an arc. "It seemed like a careful search of the Robinson's Swamp area and I have no doubt that beam of light was intelligently controlled," Smith said..

Link 1, 2

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
'Dozens of UFO cases every year' in Gosford.

Central Coast in NSW, are the states biggest hot spot when it comes to UFO sightings

Is ET a summer surf nut? UFO spottings on Central Coast of NSW March 29, 2010.

UFO Research NSW secretary Joann Kanda helps organise the meetings to discuss their mysterious sightings.

THERE'S something strange happening in the skies over a little patch of our pristine holiday coast.

The suburbs around Gosford, on the Central Coast in NSW, are the state's biggest hot spot when it comes to UFO sightings, with dozens of seemingly authentic cases reported every year, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Each month, as many as 30 people turn up to meetings to share their UFO experiences.

UFO Research NSW secretary Joann Kanda, who helps organise the meetings, saw what she believed was a UFO near her home at The Entrance in the mid-1990s.

"It was just a sort of a glowing light in the middle of the night," she said.

"The dogs made a strange noise and I got up. There was something up in the sky with a greenish glow."

The region was the scene for one of Australia's most baffling UFO cases - a series of sightings in 1995 and 1996 - that were reported by police and many other credible witnesses.

Residents have told of seeing shiny, spherical, illuminated UFOs that often hovered above water.

UFO Research NSW's Doug Moffett said UFOs were commonly spotted over water or near power plants and the Central Coast had plenty of both..

link

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I've not even been able to get hold of a copy of McGhee and Dickeson's book: The Gosford Files. If anyone who has read this book could post some salient details, it would certainly improve the ATS coverage of the incident.

Hey mate you can borrow it from Wollongong City Library if you're ever passing by.

The Gosford files : UFOs over the Central Coast of New South Wales / Moira McGhee and Bryan Dickeson.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Hey mate you can borrow it from Wollongong City Library if you're ever passing by.

The Gosford files : UFOs over the Central Coast of New South Wales / Moira McGhee and Bryan Dickeson.

Presentation by author Moira McGee.

m.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Tuggerah Lakes UFO group under government investigation - no government investigation for Gosford incident.

The group’s substantial membership may be due to the large number of UFO sightings reported in the NSW’s Central Coast area, including the famous 1994 Gosford UFO incident when numerous witnesses reported a “huge ball-shaped object with bright lights on the bottom” sucking water from Brisbane Water, and police later claiming to have chased a “strange metallic craft” until it shot upward and disappeared.

Government Investigates Taxpayer Funding of UFO Group

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

yeah they are making a big song and dance over a measly 6k over many years.

That 6k was used to support a social program, and it was apparently getting good results in bringing curious introverts and the disabled out of our holes and into a social atmosphere.. and watching the sky together.

Just another pathetic attempt at clawing back money from those that have problems voicing an opposition, typical of our current admin.

And as the data presented in this here thread clearly indicates, Gosford and the central coast is a (known) hotspot for sightings and has been for many years.. but the gov just outright laughed at that little fact, mockingly and openly.. and went for the jugular painting the whole program as a laughable mistake and a 'drain' on resources (6k.. really..)

It probably wont shut down the group, but it sure did show us all just how low the gov will go.
edit on 21-5-2017 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I grew up in the Gosford area, and had a possible ufo sighting.
At the time I thought it was a meteorite, it was a close range sighting (not more than 300m away), lit up the sky like it was day time, and came down over houses near the water (Bensville/Empire Bay Area).
I always thought it was strange that a meteorite like that was never reported.
If it burnt up before hitting the ground it occured below tree height, so it went out of view at 25m above ground level due to trees blocking my view.
That happened sometime in the mid to late 1990s.
edit on 21-5-2017 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just moved north of Gosford to,Lake Mac, been doing a bit of sky gazing (well in summer early autumn) beautiful nights.

Not seen anything yet but will keep looking up.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lowneck

Very similar one reported in Puerto Rico.

PUERTO RICO SAUCER TAKES ON WATER.

VIEGUES - Amidst the mysteries of a U.S. Naval base in Puerto Rico are strange reports of UFO and alien activity. Puerto Rican Ufologist Jorge Martin interviewed Angel Encarnacion, a Vieques fisherman, who said that "One night, while fishing out at sea south of the Navy's shooting range, and east of Vieques, we saw in the distance a really big and shining light. Getting closer, we saw that it a huge round saucer object with lots of lights turning on and off all around the ship." "On the bottom middle there was a really big green light, aimed at the ocean's surface," said Encarnacion. "It wasn't more than 100 feet above the ocean. What shocked me most was seeing the object absorb water from the ocean. You could actually see a big volume of water rising and entering the object. You could not see any fish or anything else in the water going up." Throughout the operation, he said, there was no sound. He and his crew saw strange activity on another night, "a shiny green light rose from the bottom of the ocean," and suddenly disappeared as they heard "the sound of water falling into the ocean nearby," but with no object in sight. They heard--but did not see- something rising in the night sky.

Link

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
And Cholla Bay, Mexico.

The UFO appeared to stop and hover about 200 to 300 feet above the water. Then it turned on a searchlight from the bottom of the vehicle and illuminated a spot on the water which Formiller said appeared to be about ½ mile across. The light extended almost to the shore. Formiller was standing about five feet from water‘s edge.

The searchlight was located within a tube and as the light was raised or lowered the illumination was changed from a sharp spot to a wide flood light on the surface of the water.

* Phoenix, Arizona. American paper. Name unavailable. 12 November 1970.

Some UFO Notes By Loren E. Gross

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
New year's bump!

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Megabump

top topics

<< 1   >>

join