It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More government sponsored RACISM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I noticed in the Arizona Republic this morning a very short story. It said that the EEOC was going to sue employers who refused to employ blacks or latinos because of a [color=#FF0000]CRIMINAL RECORD or bad credit history. Apparently it is OK with them if whites are refused employment for the same reasons.

This is absolute insanity!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
no, your post is absolute insanity. come back when you fix your post- What is the eeoc?/Link your article/ etc etc ...
edit on 27-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

They'll have all the backing and support of Eric Holder and the DoJ.
Why does this not surprize me.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

is this the story you remember reading? I am reading up on it now.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I searched the source you cited and found nothing relating to this.

And besides, you can sue someone for anything. Doesn't mean you'll win.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

EEOC is the government. The government can sue you. You cannot sue the government.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

The article was in the Arizona Republic newspaper. Dated today. I am sure you can find it at your local library. Not every thing is online. Libraries are your friend.

EEOC is Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. A part of the federal government.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yes, that is essentially the same story that was in my newspaper. It is crazy that they will uphold this for blacks and latinos only. America is supposed to treat everyone the same.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

At the moment the story is still floating around as if federal authorities are suing Kapland higher education on the basis of refusing individuals with criminal backround, we don't know as to whether this reasoning has been confirmed. AP reported that federal authorities were taking kaplan to court for checking credit histories but they did not state that this was regarding individual criminal histories. Frankly I do believe that private businesses should be able to hire whom they want. I think we need to leave society to integrate socially itself, government can only do so much. I think its society's obligation to demonize businesses who choose based on race but government shouldn't have to be involved.

And regarding the civil rights act? The original 1964 civil rights act had nothing to do with obligating private businesses to hire minorities, this was a law signed in 1965, a year after that bill, so the article got that one wrong.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well a similar thing exists in the financial services industry. I find it hard to understand who this applies to or affects black applicants only. Still there must be many black applicants who fit all of the hiring criteria. Not all black people live in Da Hood!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
How can latinos even be considered in this? I thought they were considered a Majority in AZ? How can they be a Majority and a Minority at the same time?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Depends on the actual job and how a criminal record may pose a high-risk if that person was employed. I hardly think this topic can be debated on such a wide scale. You need to be more specific of job title to argue against this.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think it is funny that the EEOC, by saying that credit checks for employment have a "significant disparate impact on blacks", is basically saying that black people have bad credit. LINK

WOW

o_O

EEOC either sounds like a stand up comedian or a racist tool bag.

The problem I have with this is if the EEOC is going to use sweeping generalities to uphold discrimination laws, they have to basically admit that those sweeping generalities are absolute.

That is racism.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Come on it's just like the case in NYC. Remember the one where the fire dept. was discriminating against black and latino's taking the firefighters exam? The courts very decision was racist. By requiring the city to lower it's testing standards, the courts are saying there is a difference between the whites and blacks & latinos! The government has a interest in keeping racism alive. Heck most people miss the forest for all the trees on this issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

affirmative action has always been discriminatory against white guys..

It happens in the military for promotions, special officer programs, they somehow continually fail the usmc manadatory swim qual yet still "pass" it.

they (minorities) even get extra points for college some states..

united negro college fund, society of black engineers (grants), ETC...

kinda like how blacks complained that there were not enough black nfl head coaches, yet totally blow over the fact that somehow sports athletes (if affirmative action was used fairly only 20% of athletes in pro's could be black) should not have to abide by affirmative action but the coaches should??

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Well Must of the guys that I know were straight A student and passed all swimming test put before them. Nice try !
Don't you think you have over generalised a bit? We were talking sbout Kaplan

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by fordrew

The article was in the Arizona Republic newspaper. Dated today. I am sure you can find it at your local library. Not every thing is online. Libraries are your friend.

EEOC is Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. A part of the federal government.

The Arizona Republic Newspaper is online. It is pretty common protocol around here to post a link to a story one is presenting.

The article Found in less than a minute.
edit on December 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join