It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New species of Human discovered which interbred with Homo Sapiens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi, I've looked and couldn't see this posted before so I apologise if it has.

Its a BBC news article on a new species of Human that was extant at the same time as modern man and Neanderthal which apparently interbred with Homo sapiens.

Scientists say an entirely separate type of human identified from bones in Siberia co-existed and interbred with our own species.

According to the researchers, this provides confirmation there were at least four distinct types of human in existence when anatomically modern humans (Homo sapiens sapiens) first left their African homeland

Scientists were able to analyse DNA from a tooth and from a finger bone excavated in the Denisova cave in southern Siberia. The individuals belonged to a genetically distinct group of humans that were distantly related to Neanderthals but even more distantly related to us.

The study shows that Denisovans interbred with the ancestors of the present day people of the Melanesian region north and north-east of Australia. Melanesian DNA comprises between 4% and 6% Denisovan DNA.

BBC LINK HERE

edit on 23-12-2010 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

That could possibly explain my inlaws.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by Versa

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Your right! That's it. Couldn't put my finger on it!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
reply to post by Versa

lol I live near Cheddar (cave system with very old human remains) and they did some DNA tests on the skeletons found there and the local people and one guy (the local school teacher if I remember correctly) had a direct DNA link to the skeleton.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people that live in the villages around here have a larger than normal amount of Neanderthal DNA

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The second post in this thread is epic! Oh and bullets aren't really magic, bigfoot is in some sense real, aliens are all around us, and 9/11 was not OBL handywork.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This reminds me of the segment in the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy where those people get sent back in time and land on earth when Neanderthals were here. The local people left baskets of food and such for the newly arrived people from the future. Well the newly arrived people started taking more than they needed and we can assume what happened next.

P.S. I read these books several years ago so my quotes maybe off. But i do highly recommend giving them a read.

top topics

join