It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closed Eye Visualizations

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

nugget1
After reading all of the posts in this thread, I find myself wondering if 'The Source', 'God', or whatever name is used to denote a higher power isn't a bit like a computer main frame, and we aren't just artificial intelligence learning how to access deeply stored data.

Indeed, and this very concept is being speculated by some of the most respected scientists on this little pale blue dot. It is definitely an interesting thought, the similarities of hardware/software working in unison and the workings of the universe in general are at times quite apparent, except that we are dealing with a machine and a programming language that no human could ever possibly contemplate, for now that is.

Who knows, one day we might have machines capable of the same, if not already (our brains).
edit on January2014201414-0600fCST02America/Chicago14 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

nugget1
After reading all of the posts in this thread, I find myself wondering if 'The Source', 'God', or whatever name is used to denote a higher power isn't a bit like a computer main frame, and we aren't just artificial intelligence learning how to access deeply stored data.

Yep. Got a thread on that one too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

sled735

nugget1

Yep. Got a thread on that one too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems if I have a question, you have a thread!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dapharmergreen

dapharmergreen!!!!!!!!!!
I know EXACTLY what you mean by night vision with your eyes closed. I have been on a quest to master the visual cortex for 7 months now ever since I read about how blind people can generate their own visuals at will. You are definitely years ahead of me so I'm not sure if the ideas i came up with were already apparent to you or not.
I think i know what blind sight study you are talking about. The one by Dr Ramachandran, yes?

If you'd like to exchange ideas let me know. You probably know more than me. I'd be glad to your student if that is what you're into

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hehe, this brings back a lot of memories

Had quite a lot of these experiences during my days of ''experimentation''.
The first time i saw these visuals i was completely blown away by them, i couldn't keep my mind off them for weeks.
Never had i seen such beauty.. the best works of art.. made by my own brain.. never to be seen again by anyone else.
They were so vivid they seemed realer than real.. I just had to think of something like ''graffiti'' and i would instantly see the most awesome piece of graffiti i had ever seen.
But they became even better when i stopped thinking, and started meditating.. Because as soon as i cleared my head.. these visuals morphed into complete movies and stories, all three dimensional and extremely colorful.

I have stopped experimenting but have been actively seeking for ways to get back to that ''state of mind'' for quite a while now.

Meditation doesn't seem to work for me, mainly because my ADD mind is hard to keep quiet.. and i either get too comfortable and fall asleep or i get too uncomfortable and get itches all over.

Personally i vaguely suspect that these visuals are not really ''just for me''.
What if these visuals are actually part of the ''collective consciousness''?
I say this because the visuals i saw sometimes had cultural influences.. Sometimes they showed me things correlating with stuff i had encountered the days before the visuals like a drawing i made, but often times they looked foreign to me, with a distinct cultural touch.. For example, a lot of the things i saw heavily reminded me of african art, other times i would see alien like hieroglyphs or abstract machinery.

The most bizarre experience i had that leads me to think about the collective consciousness happened when me and a good friend of mine had these visuals, we decided to lie down on a bed, close our eyes and tell each other what we were seeing.
At one moment i was seeing a background of midnight blue and stars.. in front of that were loads of grey cubes.. with green grass growing on the top of those cubes, all slowly morphing and moving.
AFTER i saw this i asked my friend what he was seeing.. and he started describing the exact same thing i just saw.
U should have seen my face at that moment xD something i will never forget.

The inner mind never stops amazing me, i mean how is this even possible??

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

This is quite interesting to me. What piqued my mind the most is when you mentioned grid. Grid's keep popping up in my life this year...

Stage 2: Onset of rapid eye movement, a grid starting to appear, two dimensional

Do you actually see a grid form ? A grid forms from these flashes of light caused by the mechanical / electrical / magnetic movement of the eye. Physics at play here. This is the most interesting thing to me of what is occurring here !

leolady

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ive seen things like this before but its not like the images you have in the op . For me i do have the phosphenes in patterns if i push my eyes but pushing your eyes is not CEVs. If i close my eyes normal i will see red and green images like after images but nothing like whats around me. Most the time its geometric patterns with eyes that stare back into my own these eyes sometimes turn into a wolf or owl face looking at me. Sometimes it will move and jump at me. Other times i may see flashes of images of random things i can not make out what they are but it looks photographic only red and green and blurry. When i was a little kid i once saw stick figures marching across my eyes when i closed them.

I wonder if CEV is similar relation to Charles Bonnet syndrome. only it happens with people who still have eyesight but the cause is similar?

The main cause of CBS is loss of vision and how your brain reacts to this loss. The exact way loss of sight leads to hallucinations isn't really known, but research is slowly revealing more about how the eye and the brain work together.

Current research seems to suggest that, when you are seeing real things around you, the information received from your eyes actually stops the brain from creating its own pictures. When you lose your sight, however, your brain is not receiving as much information from your eyes as it used to. Your brain can sometimes fill in these gaps by releasing new fantasy pictures, patterns or old pictures that it has stored. When this occurs, you experience these images stored in your brain as hallucinations. CBS tends to begin in the weeks and months following a deterioration in your sight.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've had this loads of times, first came across it during encounters with various entheogens. The pictures you provided are very accurate. You will find with practice that these images are very maleable. When doing it through meditation it can appear random as you're not necessarily concentrating on anything except emptying the mind, visual stimuli being a bonus you can analyse later however I encourage you to try shamanic journeying (with or without an entheogenic vehicle, personal preference but same results can be achieved.) The things you can see and do are quite remarkable, you'll find this doesnt need to be a passive process, kinda like lucid dreaming. I encourage you to read a book called - Awakening to the Spirit World - The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skaffa

Personally i vaguely suspect that these visuals are not really ''just for me''.
What if these visuals are actually part of the ''collective consciousness''?
I say this because the visuals i saw sometimes had cultural influences.. Sometimes they showed me things correlating with stuff i had encountered the days before the visuals like a drawing i made, but often times they looked foreign to me, with a distinct cultural touch.. For example, a lot of the things i saw heavily reminded me of african art, other times i would see alien like hieroglyphs or abstract machinery.

The most bizarre experience i had that leads me to think about the collective consciousness happened when me and a good friend of mine had these visuals, we decided to lie down on a bed, close our eyes and tell each other what we were seeing.
At one moment i was seeing a background of midnight blue and stars.. in front of that were loads of grey cubes.. with green grass growing on the top of those cubes, all slowly morphing and moving.
AFTER i saw this i asked my friend what he was seeing.. and he started describing the exact same thing i just saw.
U should have seen my face at that moment xD something i will never forget.

The inner mind never stops amazing me, i mean how is this even possible??

Thats amazing and directly correlates with my own experience, alot of my "experiences" have had a very tribal nature to them and it makes complete sense to me why some cultures say they are contacting there ancestors and spirit animals and the likes during these journeys. I remember one time seeing rock art on my bedroom wall of an eagle the way you would see native americans depict it, i googled it and the images were almost identicle, the eagle was even facing the same way to the left. My first experience with a popular and legal mint species of plant
was also very tribal in nature and gifted me my first auditory hallucinations, I was immediately cattapulted on to my back in a jungle surrounding with a bunch of ladies dancing and chanting around me performing some kind of healing ritual. Very bizzare but interesting none the less. Cool to know theres others round here.

Edit - You should read some Carl Jung btw, I'm sure you know already about archetypes and stuff, very interesting.
edit on 2-8-2014 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
a reply to: Clairaudience

This is quite interesting to me. What piqued my mind the most is when you mentioned grid. Grid's keep popping up in my life this year...

Stage 2: Onset of rapid eye movement, a grid starting to appear, two dimensional

Do you actually see a grid form ? A grid forms from these flashes of light caused by the mechanical / electrical / magnetic movement of the eye. Physics at play here. This is the most interesting thing to me of what is occurring here !

leolady

Indeed, I find that aspect to be very interesting aswell. The grid was always present when the visuals started, so they seem to be closely related to what happens in the visual cortex of the brain (and how the visuals are processed/interpreted), or are a side-product of the rapid eye movement... OR a visual representation of the very fabric this universe is made of

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyGoo

Thats amazing and directly correlates with my own experience, alot of my "experiences" have had a very tribal nature to them and it makes complete sense to me why some cultures say they are contacting there ancestors and spirit animals and the likes during these journeys. I remember one time seeing rock art on my bedroom wall of an eagle the way you would see native americans depict it, i googled it and the images were almost identicle, the eagle was even facing the same way to the left. My first experience with a popular and legal mint species of plant
was also very tribal in nature and gifted me my first auditory hallucinations, I was immediately cattapulted on to my back in a jungle surrounding with a bunch of ladies dancing and chanting around me performing some kind of healing ritual. Very bizzare but interesting none the less. Cool to know theres others round here.

Edit - You should read some Carl Jung btw, I'm sure you know already about archetypes and stuff, very interesting.

This all sounds very familiar ^^

One time i had a very persistent vision, which lasted for about half an hour, it looked like Metatron's cube, with some minor details missing, which i saw with eyes open like an overlay.. shining white, drop dead in the middle of my sight. This really confused me because it was unlike any vision i had before.. so i googled it xD i was just searching for cubes and then i found Metatron's. (which i had never seen before hallucinating it.. as far as i know) Turns out it is a ''sacred'' geometric figure, part of the tree of life.

I also had the most intense and frightening experience of my life while studying that mint you speak of.
I simply woke up in a two dimensional world, without ANY recollection of who or what or where i was, i had lost my body, and could only think without language. It was like being born all over again. At first my vision was black, then completely white, with colorful blobs dragging over my sight like when a windows program freezes and it leaves a trail over your screen. I got the ''feeling'' (instant uncontrollable information) of corporate logo's and plastic bags. I tried to ''move'' but was paralyzed, like being stuck between two walls.. Now this is where it gets weird, at this point, while i was seriously freaking out, thinking i had died and made a terrible mistake somehow(although i still didn't really remember my real life), a part of me started communicating with another part of me.. (i have actually never told anyone this next part because it just sounds wayyyy too ridiculous) I saw something like TV static flowing away from me into a tunnel, suddenly it became green, and something inside me asked in that same ''feeling'' manner, very calmly, ''Can i come through?''. Now the static turned red, and i felt a loud, angry ''NO!''. It felt like this second part of me or whatever it was took over, and while i still didn't have a body, it was manipulating me like a rubix cube, tearing me apart and putting me back together. I experienced pain, but not actual pain.. it is hard to describe. Now i experienced a sense of extremely fast motion, while i kept hearing (actually hearing this time) what sounded like screams of agony.. coming from a thousand different directions.. i saw a bright blue and white swirl, which slowly opened up, revealing an eye from a friend who was ''sitting'' me. Instantly i felt incredibly relieved, remembering everything, i regained control of my thoughts and language: ''That's where i came from! That's where i belong!''. The hole opened up completely, and i actually tried stepping out of it xD in fact i kept having the sense that i had to get out of my room.. i had to go away.. so i started walking but my friends stopped me and sat me down until i was calm and sane again.

Now i hope i am not breaking the T&C or anything, i am not encouraging anyone to try these things.. I'm telling my story so others can get a gist of what it is like, without doing it themselves.

I would actually discourage anyone to induce a similar experience, because even though i don't regret it, and it only lasts a while, i wont EVER do it again.. it is just way too rough, and too intense for my taste. You cannot really prepare for it, because you will lose your memory.

BUT, if your curiosity gets the best of you, and you decide to do it anyway, please make sure you have someone with you, do as much research on the substance as you can.. and only do it when you are in a good state of mind, in a comfortable setting.

And yeah I've read a lot about jung, the guy was way ahead of his time. Thanks for reminding me tho, was listening to this audiobook a few weeks ago, completely forgot about it

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I've had this rapid eye movement whilst awake too, although from memory it's only happened a couple of times in my life. The last time it happened was last year. Wow that someone else mentioned it lasts for a few minutes at a time. I'd say mine only lasts for about 30 secs at a time but when it does happen, it's almost as though I have a feeling I'm going to see something.

The last time it happened, I saw 2 grey shadows or rather silhouettes in my room. They were stood together - like shadow men but grey instead of black. Both wearing hats if I remember right.

I've also had closed eye visuals at times, although it is very rare. I tend to see faces of people I've never met and once I saw an eye! I don't know what that means.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join