It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Government releases UFO files.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The New Zealand government has just released over 50 years of UFO files it kept.

www.news.com.au

I'll see if I can find the link to the government website that contains the files and post it here.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here is a link...I had posted this on the other thread.

www.stuff.co.nz...

ETA: I dont believe there is going to be any exciting discovery come out of these....unfortunately! Reading some online news, the journos seem to be having a giggle at a few real nutcases who sent screeds of letters to the Defence Dept.

edit on 22-12-2010 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

Cheers, thanks annella.

I did a search on this topic but no other thread showed up, hence this thread.

Do you have a link to the other thread?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
reply to post by annella

Cheers, thanks annella.

I did a search on this topic but no other thread showed up, hence this thread.

Do you have a link to the other thread?

Sure thing!

Here ya go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Oooops!! Double post.
edit on 22-12-2010 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
TVNZ (with video).
I wouldn't think for a second that our government would be able to tell us anything. Not our elected government anyways.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by myster0

I'm gathering you're a Kiwi.

What do you mean by elected government?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

I meant party politicians mostly, but I also meant to include low level military and commissioned military staff as well.
Our "Government" doesn't know anything about ETs, unless they visited them to ask why we haven't exploded any nukes here.

Now if some guy from one of the CIA bases here released something, maybe then I'd bite.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This is the main focus of the documents:

Most of the witnesses seem to be credible people, and I don't think the military would know much more than them.
It was a real event, with no real answers.
I like to think that it was a kiwi stealth jet.
edit on 22-12-2010 by myster0 because: to edit reason for the edit, and for irony.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by myster0

Just out of curiosity does NZ have any US military bases stationed?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What I found interesting is when I was browsing through some of the files I came across a reply to someone about a proposal to work on Quantum Mechanics Flying Machine which someone was working on. But the Airforce replied saying it wasn't interested, and simply wished him good luck.

On the other hand I hope I find some UFO sightings in my neck of the woods in these files.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePyramidAgenda

I find it a bit of a worry when there is a sighting or an abduction account that is local.

Its a fascinating subject to study, but much better when the events are a long way away !

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Several.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So can someone tell me why there is a portion of the files that have a Q&A session with George Adamski? I found it in the first part of the files from 1952 through 1955. Basically you are reading reports from airline pilots and military officers to this strange part from Adamski.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi

There are other New Zealand Government UFO files which have not yet been made available.

My co-blogger, Pauline Wilson, has justed posted the following at our blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

"Today's post sees me taking another look at the New Zealand Government's UFO files release. Rather, I am taking a look at what is not yet available. For you see, there are other NZ Government UFO files which are not part of the batch released by the NZ Defence Force (NZDF).

I decided to check the files which are listed on the Archives New Zealand website
at click here against the list of files released by the NZDF. There are five files listed in the Archives which were not released by the NZDF as they are not NZDF files.

The other NZ UFO files:

1. Miscellaneous Files - UFO [Unidentified Flying Objects] Affair (1978 Kaikoura incident)- The Truth is Out There.
Agency: CAHG Accession CH135 Box 36/1 1979-1979.
This file is open to the public.

2. Political Affairs - Outer Space - Unidentified Flying Objects [UFOs]
Reference: ABHS 6958 W5579/227 1972-1982.
Details on accessing this file cannot be found.

3. Public Weather Service - Flying Saucers and Unidentified Flying Objects [UFOs]
Agency: BAIB Series 4052 Box 376 Record no 2/13 1956-1988.
This file is open to the public.

4. Support Services - Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) - General
Agency: AAAJ Series 965 Accession W 3239 Box 180 Record no 37/21/1 Pt 1 1972-1972.
Access to this file is restricted by the agency, which is the Commissioner of Police.

5. Support Services - Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO)- General
Agency: AAAJ Series 965 Accession W4443 Box 103 Record no 37/21/1 Pt 1 1972-1972.
Access to this file is restricted by the agency, which is the Commissioner of Police.

Comment:

Re items 4 &5. These files probably relate to the 1972 Ashbourne, NZ, space debris event, mentioned in NZDF file AIR 244/10/1 Volume 1.

I found a reference to this event in Kevin D Randle's latest book "When UFOs fall From the Sky." 2010. New Page Books. Franklin Lakes, NJ. ISBN 978-1-60163-100-8. Pages 256-257.

"April 7, 1972
New Zealand

The Space Defense Centre reported that they had witnessed two objects "de-orbit" and that the objects fell to the ground in New Zealand. At least one of the objects was recovered and turned over to the police department in Christ Church New Zealand. Captain D W Boucher from the US tracking station at Mt John, South Canterbury said that he thought it was part of a pressure tank.

The ball was 48 inches in circumference and had a blue-green sheen to it. It left a 6-inch indentation in the ground where it hit. Two other balls were also discovered. ll were made of titanium, which caused a New Zealand UFO expert, Captain Bruce Cathie to suggest it wasn't part of a prank. Titanium was too difficult for someone to use it as part of a joke. He had no real answer for what the balls were.

Officials in the Soviet legature in Wellington denied that the objects belonged to them,.

The most likely answer is that the objects were some type of terrestrially manufactured objects used in space flights."

I wonder if anyone in New Zealand has copies of any of these other NZ Government UFO files, they can share with us?"

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hi all

My co-blogger, Pauline Wilson, has been busy taking a look at the recently released NZ Government UFO files and has discovered that the NZ Defence Force seems not to have released its own intelligence area's files, which means there may still be more material needing to be released. See the post at
ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Two files, DOD 66/30/17 DSI and DEF 66/20/1 DSI are mentioned several times and appear to originate with the NZDF's own intelligence area. However, these files are not amongst the ones released todate.

Happy reading.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Sounds interesting.

It will be good to check this stuff out.

I haven't come across much from across the ditch.

Many thanks.

top topics

join