It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
A friend of mine, who is in prison, called today & mentioned there is a strong odor of gas in the inmate's cells when they return from dinner every evening.

Any thoughts on what this odor may be? Are there any instances of gas being used in prisons?

Thanks in advance.... ..Luck

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What I suspect it is (since my office is located within a block of the municipal hoosegow) is problems with the sewer system. I know that inmantes tend to flush stuff down the toilets to try and get them to back up and so forth.

The cells aren't set behind sealed blast doors. You get air in and out and much of what was there ends up in the jail offices and admin offices and other such areas. Any kind of mind/mood controlling gas would hit the guards and admins just as much as it would the inmates.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would elect that the food they are eating creates intestinal gas. Then when the inmates get frisky, the gas is released into the atmosphere.

Just a guess at the gass

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luck
A friend of mine, who is in prison, called today & mentioned there is a strong odor of gas in the inmate's cells when they return from dinner every evening.

Any thoughts on what this odor may be? Are there any instances of gas being used in prisons?

Thanks in advance.... ..Luck

Luck, pay no attention to byrd.

Now could you ask your freind what that gas smells like? Is it something familiar, can he recognise the "base" smell? Is it a chlore? or carbon / dioxidised tone? Or some unfamiliar chemical taste?

top topics

join