It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Boeing 737 NG safe ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hello Boeing fans.

See a nice story on the 737 NG.
( new generation )

www.youtube.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi again.

If the site "Al Jazeera" makes you doubtful about the truthfulness/veracity on the facts related,
you can always see the "Washington Post":

www.washingtonpost.com...

And the FAA, still trustable. . .?
. . .like the FDA ? accepting $crap$ like aspartame/splenda/Aminosweet,
the MSG/GMS, the fluoride, the Roundup ready, OMG/GMO, Monsanto . . .???

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good video, i watched about 20 mins so far.If these claims are real i am surprised that a such a large and respected company would take such liberties after all the lives that have been sacrificed to make air travel so safe.I guess they can afford lose a few planes because most of the negativity after a crash falls on the airline not the manufacturer.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Good video, i watched about 20 mins so far

Cool. I like it better with the TWO sources I found, now !
Go all the video to see how BIZARREly the three 737 crashes made the
fuselage break at exactly the SAME spots ! ! !

. . .I guess they can afford lose a few planes

ARE YOU SERIOUS ?????????
Lose a few plane and the 130-and-so PERSONS on board ???

WHAT IF YOUR mother, wife, girlfriend, coworker. . .are in the CRASHING plane ????
WHAT IF when it breaks apart at 30,000 or 40,000 feet ???
( I dont know if they where **41,000 feet rated**. I HOPE NOT ).

I WILL NOT fly in a 737 NG ever, period ! ! ! !

Blue skies.
edit on 2010/12/18 by C-JEAN because: Ask about in altitude failure.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have not heard of the NG variant and am wondering if it is the same as the 737-800 or earlier types.
I do not want these planes to crash ,but i am sure the manufacturers mainly Boeing and Airbus accept the fact that some will fail eventually and the blame may be put on airline maintenance.Remember the problems with the rudder hard-over on earlier 737's ,it always take a crash or three to bring the problems to the surface.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hi again, 12voltz.

Originally posted by 12voltz
. . .it always take a crash or three to bring the problems to the surface.

That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sadly true ! ! !

Funny how TPTB keep this problem silent ?!?!?
We DO have our 3 crashes already ! !

Anyway, I did try. . .

Parallel subject:
Do you know about the cargo doors on the first DC-10 and 747 ??
Worth a search with IXQUICK.com ! ! B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sure, the DC-10's had a bad run in the 70's and 80's,but these were the early days of widebody aircraft.i remember all the publicity they received, mostly bad.Cargo doors coming off,depressurising and crushing critical controls most notably The Turkish DC-10 over France and the Sioux city accident among others.All learning experience for the Manufacturers ,but thats the nature of air travel.I hope they can sort out the A-380 before one of those goes down,personally i would choose to fly on a 777 over other types,

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Cool. I like it better with the TWO sources I found, now !
Go all the video to see how BIZARREly the three 737 crashes made the
fuselage break at exactly the SAME spots ! ! !

Slow down.

I'm on the fence about how serious these supposed manufacturing defects are. The Washington Post article was from 2006 - what has happened since?

Trying to connect a number of 737NG crashes with the issue is simply grasping at straws. As far as I can see, there is no substantiative evidence that any manufacturing flaws in the fuselage of the 737NG had a role in the crashes. One fatal crash was caused by faulty radar altimeter and pilot error, one fatal crash was a mid-air collusion, the other two fatal ones involved third world airlines during bad weather. Other incidents involved write-offs were runway overruns that were pilot error. All were at low altitude, whereas the supposed defect would of caused an explosive decompression. When a plane does crash, it will break probably at the weakest point. That doesn't imply any design or manufacturing flaw. Aircraft are not designed to be crashed.

3500 737NG's produced since 1996, not one crash has been tied to a design flaw. That's a pretty good record.

Also, PLEASE read this:

www.pprune.org...
edit on 19/12/10 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join