It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Boehner emotionally stable enough to run the House?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This last 60 Minutes interview got me to wondering, is this man emotionally stable enough to run the House of Representatives?

John Boehner, the incoming Speaker of the House, the most powerful Republican in Washington, and a man who in a matter of days will be second in line for the presidency, has twice had an opportunity to introduce himself to the American people.

John Boehner Cries. Again. A Lot.

I mean this isn't the first time that Boehner busted out in tears.

It reminded me of someone else...

Is this the new face of conservatism? The emotionally unstable man, crying on queue, unable to keep his emotions under control at any time?

Is this what we have to look forward to? Blubbering emotionally crippled men in power crying while giving speeches? Is this the new face of conservatism?

Is Boehner actually emotionally stable enough for the job he is going to be taking?
edit on 12/16/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
They're all snivelling because they realize that with Wikileaks and the offshoot whistleblowing organizations ramping up, it's only a matter of time before the suspected is proven and they'll be swingin' from a branch or some bronze statue somewhere for sucking the fiscal life out of the masses for too long.

Bunch of bad actors if you ask me . . . really really bad actors.

If they were all as 'emotional' as they claim, they'd have though first about the whole save the economy, too big to fail load of crap they dumped on us all over the past few years, and they'd have thought more than twice about sending our lads overseas in search of weapons of mass oil production and the extended Bush-laden clan and they'd have considered helping the poor bastards starving on the streets in this country before building infrastructure all over the damn planet and maybe they'd have been tougher on Big Petrolium consortiums that totally destroyed the aquatic ecosystem that once was the Gulf of Mexico and . . . .

They're so full of bovine excrement . . . boo-frickity-hooo . .. whaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaa . . . .

Give me a friggin' break.

Tough it up, you bunch of powderpuff jackwagons, and make the really tough decisions that might just do some good and QUIT TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER OUR DAMN EYES you bunch of sissymary twits.

You want emotional . . . try telling your kid there ain't no dough for shoes this month and that eight-pack of chicken wieners in the fridge is just about it 'til payday . . . or maybe try explaining to your kids why Mom is dying because health insurance won't cover chemotherapy to eradicate the cancer invading her lymph system . . . or maybe looking into your spouses eyes and seeing that when is it going to get better look that never seems to go away . . . or maybe just try lying awake for hours each night leading up to Christmas trying to figure out how to maybe, just maybe put a bit of something under the tree this year . . . or how you're going to patch the roof enough to get through the snowy months without the damn thing leaking . . . or thinking of how you're going to explain to the kids why you're packing up all your belongings and moving into the back of a '88 station wagon because the bank's foreclosed on your house after the employer you gave your life blood to for the past twenty years finds it fiscally responsible to have your job done by some grass-shack dweller in an East Asian country . . . or why your bank account has never had much more than a couple of zeros behind the first digit while the damn people your elected officials 'bailed out' last year are now taking bonuses with six or more zeros behind that first digit . . .

When I see some politician standing in up in Congress or the Senate or wherever and they're leakin' liquids from their eyes, it reminds me of guys like Baker and Swaggert when they did the same tyring to save their ill-gotten gains after being caught sans trousers with little boys and hookers, or some freak-of-nature allocuting to killing and eating someone's family and getting all teary eyed in front of the judge to stave off a trip to the Spenkelink . . .

My heart pumps piss for these bastards and them getting all pretend teary-eyed about the mess they've made only serves to stoke that hatred.

'nuff said.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I guess you are either iggnorant or raised under the strereotyped notion that real men don't cry... ie the old Hollywood male role models like John Wayne or Burt Lancaster.

Well...real men do cry, especially when they have overcome amazing obstacles and succeeded.

I remember a couple of years ago, sitting by my grill, nice Saturday afternoon...I was BBQing a brisket, some chickens, and some sausages... I looked at them and broke out in tears. My wife asked why? I said i've never been able to afford this many meats to cook on a grill at one time...as stupid as this sounds, it was a real and tangible sign that I had succeeded. After years of scrimping and saving, suffering setbacks, working 2 and 3 part time jobs in addition to my full time job, after getting up at 4am to prep a load of firewood to sell on the way to work, after coming home dog tired and eating soup..again, I felt I had finally made it... and I wept.

If you listen to Boehner's story... he felt he had finally lived the American dream...he finally had made it... and he wept. What's wrong with that?

Men cry when their teams win football games, men cry when they win football games, men cry when their hearts are broken, men cry when they look into their little baby's eyes and that little hand wraps around your finger, men cry when they realize they have made it through a battle or a firefight on the battlefield,... and men cry after years of hard work, sweat by the brow...and acheived what no one else thought was possible.

No shame in that, my friend.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I can see your point, those are milestones that may bring tears to your eyes. However Boehner seems to be crying on demand, and not from some real achievement. This guy has been in congress for the last 20 years, it's not like he was just elected into office, he has been there. So he has already "Made it" and has been living the American Dream for a while now.

While a large group of the nation is wondering how they are going to pay their mortgage or rent next month, this guy is crying over his hundreds of thousands of dollars a year job?

Not really buying it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

And I concede that Boehner and many others are worthy of such cynicism.... trust me, I am not naive enough to think that what we see is really there, but I will give the gentleman a chance to prove his sincerety...

frankly, I was impressed with his arguments and opposition to the Obamacare measure when it was before the Senate. He is not the smooth talking and diplomatic politician, in fact he is sometimes abrassive and matter of fact... I like that... that's why I like christie of NJ also... another underdog wins story here.

I am a sucker for the common man....an old romantic idealist that believes in the American dream...

Hey, I live it everyday.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

This man wanted to block Ron Paul from becoming the Chairman of the Monetary Policy Committee, so imo he is in the banksters' pockets.

These people say what they know people want to hear, and then deliver the opposite.

edit on 16-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The guy is a career politician, 20 years in the house is a career. He obviously has made a living on telling people what they want to hear, otherwise he wouldn't be a politician.

You do know that he voted for the Patriot Act right?

Fact is, he has a long political record, I am sure that you can find a lot of information.

You can find out that this guy has received to date $4,294,967 in campaign contributions from special interest groups. Do you really think that he is working for the people with that price tag? In his 20 years in office, he could have only possibly earned a little over 2 million.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

A little over $4 million dollars from special interests groups....in almost 20 years. Hmmm... that's about 200,000 a year on avg. That's chump change in politics...a good TV campaign costs more than that. In NC, some local state legislature campaigns spent more than a cool million each.

As stated, I will seek verification of his sincerity and efforts, but frankly...I am suprised that the donations from special interests were not higher.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Using Pelosi as a benchmark for emotional stability, I'd say that Boehner will be just fine in his new role and should do a much better job than Medusa's spawn. I will hope that Boehner will sit much closer to reality than Speaker Pelosi has. Time to move forward and close the lame duck session ASAP.

We have to stop this last minute ram rodding of legislation before the holidays and before these clowns are done.

Reid and Pelosi take note. They shoved Obamacare up the nations anus before Christmas last year and now they are attempting the same trick with a trifecta of crap this year. I suppose they are just slow learners who are hell bent on advancing the agenda.
edit on 16-12-2010 by jibeho because: clarity

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Those figures are from 2008 onward.

So that's more than 2 mill a year. And that is what is reported, not what is given under the table.

Look at the links I have provided. They will give you a clear picture of Boehner, and what he really is about, he has congressional voting records that you can look up, and campaign contributions that you can research too.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It does seem like some of those conservative guys fake it to make it look like they care or something.

But then again, rumor has it that Boehner is an Umpa Lumpa.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07e69cf4c4f2.jpg[/atsimg]

I hear they can get very emotional when they don't get enough Willie Wonka chocolate bars. I guess its a blood sugar thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The real problem is that he's an emotional wreck. and he's not even a genuine emotional wreck, he is a cry on demand emotional wreck.

His tears are as disingenuous as Glenn Beck, staged for the cameras. Showing a strange psychotic behavior.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So your premise is that Boehner is emotionally stable... just not morally stable...but wait, that wasn't the question.

Is he emotionally stable enough to run the House as Speaker?... you betcha'...lol

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Psychosis is an emotional problem. The emotionally instability exhibited by Boehner in my opinion is scary, crying on demand for the cameras, playing up for people.

Can he effectively run the business of the House of Representatives if he can't even keep his emotions in check?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

What I find funny is how he's trying to appeal to the working class with these little sob stories, but in reality he's basically telling middle America that they work "rotten jobs" (his words) and then sheds tears of joy over the fact that he's no longer one of the little peons toiling in the muck. Why the tea baggers thought he would be an improvement over Pelosi is beyond me. It looks like America :puts on sunglasses: just got fooled again.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Crocodile tears I suspect.

Possibly the tears of a man who just realized that now he is going to get rich from all of that lobbyist money? Whatever it is, the man cries more than Sally Struthers during a Feed the Children fund drive.

He has a certain Jimmy Swaggart vibe to him. "I have sinned!"

new topics

top topics

join