It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does god exist? skeptics debunk god.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by madness mysoul

I ask you for the proof that you have "plenty "of .If you can not produce it you either are just guessing or trying to promote knowledge that does not exist . Either way buffalo chips comes to mind .

Nope, I actually have it. I don't see this as being anywhere near the title or in reference to the OP. In fact, the OP and the title are unrelated, the OP is about end times prophecies, not about the existence or non-existence of a deity.

Now, the field of abiogenesis is still emergent, but there is plenty of reason to suspect that its claims are true.
Hell, Wired even covers the developments in the field

I can provide more, but that's really for the Origins and Creationism forum.

As for being off topic you have not read the topic .

Yes, I have. I even responded point-by-point to every single point and word made in the OP. You then dragged it off-topic.

Does God Exist ?

Is the title, but not the topic. Just like I can make a thread and call it 'ham sandwich' but have the entire post be about proper techniques from trimming your bushes.

You are claiming spontaneous bursting forth of life in an environment from which a red hot rock cooled down thus a totally sterile environment did exist and the first single celled amoeba virtually created itself and mutated to create you .

No, that is a straw man. For one thing, no scientist has made claims of the first organisms 'spontaneously bursting forth', nor are they claiming that they were anything as complex as modern amoebas.

Secondly, you've yet to define what you mean by 'a totally sterile environment'. Does that mean there weren't any carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, or hydrogen molecules? Because molecular structures revolving around carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen are what are thought to have brought forth life.

Thirdly, you're addressing both abiogenesis and evolution simultaneously, I hope you are aware that they are two separate theories.

The discovery of DNA and the fact that the amoeba has a very complicated dna coding sunk that theory .

No, DNA has actually supported naturalistic ideas of life, especially evolution. Again, nobody is claiming that DNA was present in the first organisms. And once more, nobody is claiming that the first organism was a modern amoeba.

There are great advances in genetic research but that actual creation of any life form has not been accomplished .

Yet. I mean, we've been working on this problem for what? 70-80 years? Do you know how long it took to crack the model of our solar system?

Yes cells have been modified under extreme lab conditions but how much more difficult would it be for a cell to be constructed under harsh conditions .

You keep using vague terms and misleading ones as well. Extreme? Modified? Lab conditions? Harsh?

What do you mean? If anything, the early Earth would have been a lot better for microorganisms of the sort that are thought to have emerged.

Edit:

Also, why do you keep removing the "in" from my username in the responses? Seriously, just confused.
edit on 2/1/11 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Your demonstrable manifestations that you require are this :
1 The prophecy of the plague that Israel pours out on those that come against it in the last battle .This is the nuclear bomb that has the only known ability to consume your flesh from your body as you stand .
2 The movement that is called the NWO that is bieng carried out by Askenazi Jews . This is prophesied as the 10 kings with out kingdoms as of yet giving their power to the Antichrist thus world domination .
3 The advent of the Internet that facillitates the complete economic control of the world and the Mark of the Beast

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

So you are saying you don't have a reason to be a skeptic . Is that on topic enough for you ?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Statements aren't demonstrations. For one thing, you have to provide the evidence that this specific prophecy is made in the Bible, then you have to demonstrate how the Bible specifically proves. I'd disagree that all three of those things are happening in the first place, let alone that they're supported by the Bible.

No, I have a reason to be a skeptic. My point was the even if my position didn't have evidence, I'd merely have reason to be skeptical of two claims rather than one.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You win Madnessinmysoul . You have fought tooth and nail against any effort to prevent you from going straight to hell . So go!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Wow, that's an awfully rude thing for you to say. I'm simply asking you for something that meets a reasonable burden of proof for something to be considered a prophecy.

Is that really too much to ask?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It wasn't meant to be rude . It was a declaration of surrender to your will . Your will .... not to acknowledge God and the theory of evolution is a direct denial of the Creation . And that you have no proof of either evolution or spontaneous life and it is only a theory no matter who defines what evolution is .
I have given you the information you asked for but of course you didn't look at it . If you did you would have commented on it .

But you win the bull headed contest so continue on you journey . You will get there .

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

It wasn't meant to be rude . It was a declaration of surrender to your will . Your will .... not to acknowledge God

Acknowledge whatnow? I'm sorry, but I can't 'acknowledge' something if I don't have any sort of evidence for it. As far as deities are concerned, there is no more evidence for yours than there is for Krishna, Allah, Zeus, et al.

and the theory of evolution is a direct denial of the Creation .

Well, it's a denial of a step-by-step things poofing into existence creation, sure. But I've seen many devout Christians simply say that the creator can work however he damn well pleases, evolution being one of them.

And that you have no proof of either evolution

Actually, I have an insane amount of proof of evolution. It can be found in the thread in my signature entitled "Evolution: PROVE IT!".

or spontaneous life

Straw man! Abiogenesis is not a theory of 'spontaneous life', it's a theory of 'life under very specific circumstances'.

and it is only a theory no matter who defines what evolution is .

*facepalm*
Ok, for the thousandth time: In science, a theory is the highest level of certainty that a scientific idea can attain. Notable examples of theory include:

Germ theory (that disease is caused by germs rather than 'humors' or 'spirits' or whatever)
Cell theory (that macro-organisms are made up of cells)
Circuit theory (the theory that is the foundation of all modern electronics)
The theories of general and special relativity (Einstein's famous, proven works.)

"it is only a theory" is the absolute worst thing you can say in a scientific discussion. Many creationists have claimed this before, and it just gets egg on their faces.

I have given you the information you asked for but of course you didn't look at it .

I'm sorry, but I think I've replied in full to every post that's been addressed to me that has a reference to any sort of attempts at proof.

You provided me with nothing, merely Bible passages. You didn't provide evidence that what is happening in those passages is happening now, nor did you explain how the only reasonable way to look at those passage is in the way you are, nor have you shown me how all the Biblical prophecies work into a coherent narrative of the end times.

If you did you would have commented on it .

I did comment on everything you posted. In detail. In the form I'm commenting now. Unless, of course, you think I missed something.

But you win the bull headed contest so continue on you journey . You will get there .

Wow, an insult. Since when is asking for proof 'bull headed'? Since when is asking someone to verify the claims they make 'bull headed'?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It is to first declare what God is then all the rest is needless. The bible states God is love. When love is not found you did not look for it. Become godless if you want to. Lack love and you will get the unnecessary. Some are content with that. Delusional. They have no ground to start from, yet they are alive. Try to have a reasonable talk with them.. useless,... not necessarily.

God is love. Seeing people as whom they truly are.

Can one debunk love? Everybody will state love exists, thus God exists. This is simple reason.
edit on 2011/1/6 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join