It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin CONVICTED

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This news was four hours old when I got to it on the Comcast Skyscraper,
and I was the 36th person (!) to recommend the article. It is, after all only
an AP blurb.. but on the other hand, the article couldn't have been better
scripted to seem unimportant. The charge Col. Lakin was FOUND for was
"failure to board by design". That, plus what he had already pled guilty to,
is carrying a probable 3 1/2 years of time.

www.comcast.net...

What flames me is the fact the judge ruled beforehand that the issue of
Resident Obama's eligibility to hold the office of POTUS was irrelevant to
the charge, if my memory serves. It does seem to be of absolutely CRITICAL
importance to disposing of the charges; whether the complaint against our
veteran officer and doctor was civil, criminal, or martial. And if anybody is
supposed to have standing, let's produce the proof the C.I.C. actually IS.

This to me is glaring evidence of pulling UCMJ into a criminal case, and
at the same time the government's avoiding a countersuit for anything.
For God's sake don't let the truth out, no matter how nuts this complete
diversion from full discovery goes. Notice the amount of newsprint we got
for what could have been a real embarrasment for the Obama team. Gee,
that was close. NOT.

Finally, one could see the same variety of avoidance behavior with the
9/11 Commission even getting put together, and funded. It was called
out then, and I also cite for the ether, this is indicative of "guilty demeanor".
If the guy's spending two or so million in legal fees to supress the production
of an instrument you can produce for 15 bucks-- I smell an extremely large
rodentia in the lumber somewhere. This rant has holes all over it, like almost
everything else I can dream up-- but is it paranoid to complain about actually
getting a blindfold over your mouth before you can respond to the charges??

If you're with me on this one or not doesn't matter, the truth DOES.
Fire at will.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

He should have stayed defiant to the end.

Waffling makes him look weak.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I always knew they would eventually get to him. Lakin has no cajones. He had a legitimate gripe and was silenced.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So much for keeping an oath.

They had to make an example of him to put out a firestorm.
Obama's Actions speak for themselves.

Why hide a $15 dolar Birth Certificate? Oh yeah that pesky Constutiton again. The President shall be an Natural born citizen. Can't have some CIA spook born in Kenya as President, now can we?

Oath Keepers Stand like a rock!

molon Labe'

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's truly unbelievable how many claims regarding Obama's birth certificate they are batting into the bushes. With each one the stink gets stronger. I am now more than ever convinced there is a cover up going on.
But, with so much information under wraps, a leak could happen somewhere, sometime.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So I guess Orly Taitz will need another patsy.

Odd no mention of that nutjob in the article or responses thus far.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Of course he was found guilty........the Messiah is never to be questioned. This was a slam dunk before the trial ever began..........such a waste of a career, though I imagine he thought after all of this time he would actually recieve a fair trial. Ah well, one more feather in the Dems cap.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
He was court martialled for "missing a movement".
(Not "disobeying a lawful order"Where he could directly contest the legality of the order):
He missed his deployment to the middle east.(as he admits he did.)

( his reason however noble and self sacrificing.) need not come into play.
s-l-i-c-k maneuvering by the Jag..
edit on 15-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What else did you expect?

Justice? Liberty? Freedom? The American way?

Pfffft.

Time to use all aspects of nullification against this government.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Think the govt is evil and corrupt all you want. I agree.
The place of his natural birth is Hawaii. This conspiracy has as much going for it as the moon landing hoax.

Don't you think if Obama was really a Kenyan citizen or whatever, McCain would have contested it during the election ? He had standing to bring this type of lawsuit and have a court order Obama produce it. LTC Lakin seems to have a screw loose. Even if he believe he's right, did he really think he'd win. He was 2 years away from retirement, and now could be facing a jail sentence and loss of benefits. What a maroon. Probably listened to too much right wing talk radio.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

poor old fart, he was stupid enough to follow the birther crap taitz and co. had throwing around, and now his suffering for it. You'd figure his wise years would have caught up with him.

I just loved it when he took out his short form birth certificate as part of his court case that Obama is obligated to release his long form birth certificate.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE HE WAS BORN!

That is the conspiracy.

He is NOT a natural born citizen.

That takes TWO parents of the United States!

Sorry, you folks STILL DO NOT GET IT!

Why is it they cleared McCain (otherwise known as the REASON that Obama Won) because he was born to two Citizens of the US. Of course they did not look into McObama, because HE would NOT fit the criteria.

The government is looking to relegate the Citizenship and Naturalization clause to the back burner. They are looking into the future of the world governance.

It is not a big thing, unless of course you have a relevant disposition to the LAW.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Right on SG! Folks like you and I were vilified for expressing our doubts about him, Taitz and the basis of the case. Now all the "birthers" can do is moan and groan about justice not being served. Alas misery loves company. I am ROFLMAO.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Just more "duck and cover" by TPTB,

When lid on this blows it will be like a nuclear bomb going off on a societal level.

The resources and time spent on this including paid net prowlers, board trolls, tweeters, disinformation peddlers and money says to me "looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck = high probability of conspiracy.

It strikes me as odd that those I've observed most prone to leaping onto conspiracy issues such as 911 seem to be adamant that "O" is on the up n up. Be interested in some chiming in on that! Is it last vestige's of the "Hopey Changy" thing? is it denial that they may and I say may have been hoodwinked? Why are some so so so so protective of this guy - especially in light of recent events and actions pointing to incompetence, disinterest in the constitution and lack of administrative ability. People he's just an empty suit figurehead for something far deeper.

Like any ongoing conspiracy absolute proof for/against is hard to come by and it will require a wiki-leak like event to finally get to the truth.

IMHO in the end I do think he will be found to have been ineligible but only at a time TPTB can control the reaction - which really should be the conspiracy subject.

An uncontrolled or ill-timed release will produce riots at best - revolt possibly, martial law - maybe, death of the progressive movement for generations - absolutely.

The total and complete disintegration of the current power system is at stake and serves as reason enough to me for the cover-up to continue.

"Who's really in control" I do not think it is Obama who only serves a figurehead role as far as I'm concerned.

NWO?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I just loved it when he took out his short form birth certificate as part of his court case that Obama is obligated to release his long form birth certificate.

Please tell me that actually happened. It seems too funny to be true!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You know something dawned on me about this case. In Lakin's absence, some other Doctor was most likely deployed in his place. Think of the impact he caused to another family due to his actions.

Perhaps a small point but it just goes to show that actions have consequences, intentional and otherwise.

Karma is a boomerang.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
They had to make an example of him to put out a firestorm.

Make an example of him? Lt. Col. Lakin could’ve been sentenced to 3.5-4 years in prison for the orders he admitted he knew were lawful but refused to follow anyway, and instead they gave him 6 months, the minimum. That’s hardly making an example of him.

Btw, I’d like to know if Lakin’s defenders are aware that Lakin’s CO, Col. Roberts, is one of the two Medal of Honor receivers still in active duty. And after Lakin, ignoring orders, initially refused to meet with his CO, Col. Roberts, baffled by Lakin’s behavior and worried about his mental health, insisted, and Lakin, through his lawyer, told Col. Roberts that “you had your chance.”

Ask anyone who’s been in the military if Lakin is lucky or not for only being sentenced to 6 months in prison, let alone if they think he’s been “made an example of.”

Why hide a $15 dolar Birth Certificate? Oh yeah that pesky Constutiton again. The President shall be an Natural born citizen. Can't have some CIA spook born in Kenya as President, now can we?

Speaking of the Constitution, it’s that same Constitution, that you claim you want to see upheld, that clearly states that Congress is the body who certifies the President, and that only Congress can remove a sitting President.

I’m not sure why the people who keep insisting on this issue haven’t understood this yet, especially since the opinions of the judges in the so called “birther cases” in civil courts — as well as the military one in Lt. Col. Lakin’s case — have made this point abundantly clear.

All Mr. Lakin has succeeded in doing is ruining his career and losing his pension. His case never had a chance, irrespective of refusing to deploy or not, because the claims he makes are outside the jurisdiction of the court, more so in the case of a military court.

Only people, either ignorant of the law and/or blinded by ideology, like Orly Taitz and others, keep beating this dead horse, and who, even when faced with defeat, claim it as a victory for their cause.

Originally posted by kinda kurious
You know something dawned on me about this case. In Lakin's absence, some other Doctor was most likely deployed in his place. Think of the impact he caused to another family due to his actions.

That would be Maj Dobson who, in short notice, had to go in Lakin’s place. To add insult to injury, a few days after Dobson’s arrival, the unit suffered multiple casualties. Maj Dobson was called to testify — so was his wife, IIRC, to describe the impact her husband’s short notice deployment had in their lives — at Lakin’s trial and lamented that he had such little time to prepare.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Think the govt is evil and corrupt all you want. I agree.
The place of his natural birth is Hawaii. This conspiracy has as much going for it as the moon landing hoax.

Don't you think if Obama was really a Kenyan citizen or whatever, McCain would have contested it during the election ? He had standing to bring this type of lawsuit and have a court order Obama produce it. LTC Lakin seems to have a screw loose. Even if he believe he's right, did he really think he'd win. He was 2 years away from retirement, and now could be facing a jail sentence and loss of benefits. What a maroon. Probably listened to too much right wing talk radio.

And everybody said for months:"Oh for certain "somebody" certifies the candidates...
What did we find out? It was the democratic party leaders
And funny the certification signed by Nancy Pelosi and sent to the elections registar(?) of the state of Hawaii was a different letter than the boiler plate letters sent to the other 49 states?.

We all could be wrong but there is a pony under all this horse manure somewhere...

I guess you haven't been keeping up to date

Themuch maligned "Fox newz"?Why no; its the Canada free press:

By JB Williams Friday, September 25, 2009

When I first became aware that the Democratic National Committee prepared, signed and notarized two slightly different Certification of Nomination documents for the Obama-Biden ticket in the 2008 election, I was shocked and after verifying both documents as real, I wrote about it in The Theory is Now a Conspiracy and Facts Don’t Lie released on September 10, 2009.

The question was obvious – Why TWO different DNC Obama certification documents, and why did one have proper certification of constitutional eligibility in it, while the other had that certification deleted?

The Obama camp had been using the defense that the DNC had properly vetted and certified Obama’s eligibility for months. Judge after judge had used that claim and the fact that Obama’s COLB (Certification of Live Birth) had been “Snoped – FactChecked – blogged and twittered” as “legal proof” that Obama was eligible for office, despite the very real fact that Obama has never released any authenticated proof on the subject

Then we find out that the DNC did NOT certify Obama as eligible under Article II – Section I of the Constitution, in 49 of 50 states. The DNC had only filed such certification in the state of Hawaii, Obama’s alleged birth place. The other 49 states received a Certification of Nomination which did NOT certify Obama as constitutionally eligible for office..

moere at:
www.canadafreepress.com...
edit on 18-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

The constitution states it quite clearly.. If you are born here, regardless of your parent's citizenship, you are a US citizen.

Where are people even coming up with this BS and why are our "constitutionalists" still spouting it as fact.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
While I cant stand Obama and think he is the crappiest president ever...........And while I am a military supporter.....

Lt. Col Lakin should have obeyed his orders because he had no absolutely proof/evidence to show he should not obey orders based on his claim. His claims were baseless and solely opinion and he broke his oath and the law.

edit on December 18th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join