It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel says: Sorry Turkey for not shooting in advance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

lol Well done.
When it comes to Israel its always the bad comparitives eh?
It always ends the same.
Isreal and another nation conflict and someone will come and bring as much dirt on to that other nation, not as a comparitive but of a justification.
Its always the same...
"Well what about when this happened... 50+ years ago..."
The point is, if any of us want to see a peaceful israel ( which believe it or not I would want to see) we can't just break the rules and state well it happened in the past...
There should be consequences.
We all know! Or at least most of us know, that what is going on in Gaza virtually the biggest 'true' ghetto in the world.
I am just going to stop typing now.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
What part of them running a blockade and attacking the commandos don't people understand?

Its easy to place all the blame on Israel and to claim they were "peaceful" protesters (who were attacking commandos with axe handles and knives, one of which stole a hand gun and began to fire upon them) the fact of the matter is, Israel isn't at fault and they shouldn't be forced to apologize for any of it.

Don't want to die? don't run a blockade and attack the commandos boarding your ship.

This is a painfully stupid reply.

The floatilla was in international waters. They were not in Israeli/Palestinian territory.

The commandos assaulted the ships without warning, from both the air and the sea. You complain about how the activists defended themselves with equipment laying around the ship while the commandos went in with top-level training and weapons? The commandos were killing the activists. One of them happened to acquire a handgun from one of the commandos, eh? I wonder how many activists died in that attempt to retrieve that very handgun to defend their very lives with.

Pathetic. The activists were not armed; they only defended themselves the best way they could under siege from ISRAELI COMMANDOS. Activists vs commandos, yes, the activists were in the wrong trying to defend themselves in international waters

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

It's amazing isn't it?
There's even photos of these so called Turkish "peace" activists posing with HAMAS terrorists and holding weapons.

Really peaceful people eh these activists?

Never mind there links with HAMAS, these people got on board that ship ARMED.
If you are a peaceful person looking to help others, why would you arm your self?
They were obviously looking for a fight. They got more then they bargained for. Or maybe their intention was to get shot dead by the IDF? You know, become martyrs and all that Islamic stuff.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The Israeli authorities attempted to communicate to the Turkish authorities to have the ship dock in an Israeli port, and Israel would then deliver the aid on board to the Palestinian territories.
The Turks refused, and insisted their ship would sail straight to the territories, ignoring the blockade.

The Israeli commandos that boarded the ship, did so with PAINT BALL GUNS as their primary weapons in hand.
They boarded the ship with the intent to stop the ship from running the blockade, without killing or seriously injuring anyone board.

They were then ATTACKED BY THE "PEACE" ACTIVISTS.

From the start it was evident that the Turks wanted to create an International incident. That was the outcome.
Do you even understand or know whats been going on lately? Well, since 2007/8 actually.

What part don't you understand? I'll have my nephews and nieces draw you a picture.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

I am glad someone else is seeing too what I am trying to explain to others. Turkey is fast moving towards an excuse to attack Israel. All the signs are allready there. The treaty with Iran, the announcement of Israel being the threat etc, etc. IMO this is a thinderbox that only needs to ignite.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

The commandos armed with paintball guns? I remember hearing that before, but the hours of footage prove this was a lie.

And you really buy that Israeli port crap? Yes, drop off all of the essential supplies so the IDF can "distribute" it all out. What the hell is wrong with bringing the supplies to the people who need it? Kinda reminds me of prison.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well one thing that was wrong with the event was that some of those onboard, had ties with the HAMAS terrorist group in the Palestinian territories.

Explain to me why ANY country, would allow people posing as peace activists delivering aid, to come into direct contact by running a blockade, with the terrorists they are fighting against?
And there is actual photos of those alleged Turkish "peace" activists posing with HAMAS terrorists. They've been posted before in such threads. Funny how none of the whiners on this site take notice of the facts that matter?

I know the hate for Israel is great among many people on this site, but a little bit of common sense and logical thinking wont hurt any of you.

The incident was a clear cut provocation against Israel by Turkey. Nothing more needs to be said.

I wish those IDF commandos didn't have to kill those people. But they did because they were put in a situation were they had to use force to defend them selves. You cant blame them for that, nor the Israeli government. It was Turkey who sent the ship, it was Turkey who refused to dock at an Israeli port, it was Turkey who wanted to run the blockade.

Look, we can sit here and speculate whether that aid would have reached the Palestinian people if the ship had docked at Haifa and the IDF had taken the aid, or not. But it's pointless because neither of us has a crystal ball to see the "what ifs" scenarios.

The sad thing about it is that if it was anyo other country's soldiers defending them selves, most of you wouldn't be complaining. You'd be sympathizing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join